ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: In this scenario what would you do as a parent?
Get the abortion? 7 20.00%
Try to carry the baby to term? 21 60.00%
If yes on 1, Get it at week 12 before confirmation 4 11.43%
If yes on 1, Get it at week 16 amnio only confirmation 4 11.43%
If yes on 1, Get it week 17 to 22 with 100% confirmation 3 8.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Real Talk: Abortion For or Against
Nirvana58 09:38 AM 07-08-2020
You just went to the doctor and found out you and your wife are 12 weeks along with a baby boy. However, they ran an NIPT blood test and say that you are 84% likely that the baby you are having has Edwards Syndrome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwards_syndrome

If you don't know what that is I linked the wiki page. Summary is this is basically the worst disease imaginable that I can think of. The average life span of children born with this is 3 to 14 days. Most babies are born still born if they even make it that far. It is even worst for male children who it seems to effect even more severely. Basically this is every parents worst nightmare.

The doctors can't 100% confirm until you receive an amnio and ultra sounds. This can be around 17 to 20 weeks along in your pregnancy. Even for a rush screening with amnio only you won't be able to get the results and make a decision on the abortion till 16 weeks if your lucky.

You can get a CVS earlier but doctors pretty much retired that for the NIPT test that you already received.

No matter your stance on abortion what do you do in this scenario? I am asking you to put yourself in the parents shoes and state your answer. This is not some hypothetical. People have to make this choice every year.

I have 2 questions for you. I will try to link the poll but never done one so we will see what happens.

Do you get an abortion or take it to delivery which most likely will be a still born or have an average life span of 3 to 14 days?

If you do decide to get an abortion when do you do it? The longer you wait the less humane it is but can you abort a child without 100% certainty it has this disease?

You can explain your reasoning or any questions in the replies.
[Reply]
Taco John 02:55 AM 07-09-2020
I couldn't say based on a hypothetical. My inclination would be to pray on it and open myself to the wisdom available to all who seek it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:57 AM 07-09-2020
I'm still waiting to hear if, in this hypothetical, I'm a liberal?
[Reply]
Jenson71 07:09 AM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
It is murder. look up the definition. usually when your spinal cord is cut in half by scissors, ya, you tend to DIE.
The reality is that abortion is not murder, by definition, in our country. In fact, our federal Supreme Court has found it to generally be a constitutional right.

Agree or disagree with that all you want, but thatís the way it is now.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 08:16 AM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'm still waiting to hear if, in this hypothetical, I'm a liberal?
Guess that depends. Are you secretly a liberal?
[Reply]
stevieray 10:23 AM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
You are just making shit up at this point. I stated compassion about the situation which would be hard for anybody. But have at your little pompous party.

It has always been amazing to me how some people can use religion as a crutch to look down or just be vicious to other people.
You continue to prove my point.

:-)
[Reply]
Nirvana58 11:04 AM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
You continue to prove my point.

As you continue to prove mine. :-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:55 AM 07-09-2020
You are just making shit up at this point. I stated compassion about the situation which would be hard for anybody. But have at your little pompous party.

It has always been amazing to me how some people can use religion as a crutch to look down or just be vicious to other people.

Have you read your posts in this thread?
[Reply]
Inspector 12:06 PM 07-09-2020
I hear argument about abortion due to medical reasons ignoring the fact that the vast majority of babies are murdered because they would cause an inconvenience.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:12 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Inspector:
I hear argument about abortion due to medical reasons ignoring the fact that the vast majority of babies are murdered because they would cause an inconvenience.
They simply must justify their murderous natures with arguments about the outlier cases: rape, incest, defects. Itís the only way people without any sense of morality at all can hope to persuade people with a weak sense of morality.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:16 PM 07-09-2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:41 PM 07-09-2020
Guess that depends. Are you secretly a liberal?
I can't be, I love my country. But that's not what I asked, and it's important for me to know in order for me to answer if I'd kill the kid.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 01:39 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:

Have you read your posts in this thread?
I have. Which posts do you have a problem with?

If you want to white knight a guy that came in to this thread just to attack it and me without providing any sort of discussion or even voting in the poll. Go for it.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:08 PM 07-09-2020
As you continue to prove mine. :-)
No, you just don't like my reply.

tough shit.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:09 PM 07-09-2020
I have. Which posts do you have a problem with?

If you want to white knight a guy that came in to this thread just to attack it and me without providing any sort of discussion or even voting in the poll. Go for it.

oh look you switched the "attacking" from you to the thread?

you're not a victim, but you play one on CPDC.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:24 PM 07-09-2020
Poll "How do you like killing babies?"

Similar polls

"When did you stop beating your wife?"
[Reply]
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up