ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: In this scenario what would you do as a parent?
Get the abortion? 7 20.00%
Try to carry the baby to term? 21 60.00%
If yes on 1, Get it at week 12 before confirmation 4 11.43%
If yes on 1, Get it at week 16 amnio only confirmation 4 11.43%
If yes on 1, Get it week 17 to 22 with 100% confirmation 3 8.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Real Talk: Abortion For or Against
Nirvana58 09:38 AM 07-08-2020
You just went to the doctor and found out you and your wife are 12 weeks along with a baby boy. However, they ran an NIPT blood test and say that you are 84% likely that the baby you are having has Edwards Syndrome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwards_syndrome

If you don't know what that is I linked the wiki page. Summary is this is basically the worst disease imaginable that I can think of. The average life span of children born with this is 3 to 14 days. Most babies are born still born if they even make it that far. It is even worst for male children who it seems to effect even more severely. Basically this is every parents worst nightmare.

The doctors can't 100% confirm until you receive an amnio and ultra sounds. This can be around 17 to 20 weeks along in your pregnancy. Even for a rush screening with amnio only you won't be able to get the results and make a decision on the abortion till 16 weeks if your lucky.

You can get a CVS earlier but doctors pretty much retired that for the NIPT test that you already received.

No matter your stance on abortion what do you do in this scenario? I am asking you to put yourself in the parents shoes and state your answer. This is not some hypothetical. People have to make this choice every year.

I have 2 questions for you. I will try to link the poll but never done one so we will see what happens.

Do you get an abortion or take it to delivery which most likely will be a still born or have an average life span of 3 to 14 days?

If you do decide to get an abortion when do you do it? The longer you wait the less humane it is but can you abort a child without 100% certainty it has this disease?

You can explain your reasoning or any questions in the replies.
[Reply]
eDave 05:29 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Poll "How do you like killing babies?"

Similar polls

"When did you stop beating your wife?"
He prefaced it as a difficult decision. It is thought provoking.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 06:02 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
:-)

oh look you switched the "attacking" from you to the thread?

you're not a victim, but you play one on CPDC.
Victim :-)

Okay we get it. You are morally superior than us heathens. All hail Saint Elvis
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:03 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
What color/type underwear to put on is a difficult decision. To stab/nottostab your unborn baby in the brain isn't a difficult decision.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 06:05 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Thank you sir. I guess I could of prefaced the title a little better. Definitely wanted to get some traffic.

What they don't realize is I am against abortion. Literally makes me sick to think about. Situations like this shake me to my core. Sad part is sometimes people have to make these kind of decisions.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:05 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Victim :-)

Okay we get it. You are morally superior than us heathens. All hail Saint Elvis
Has nothing to do with me.

that said, tapout acknowledged.

If this scenario is ACTUALLY yours, best of luck of to you and your wife in your decision.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:07 PM 07-09-2020
Satan changed Not to Ought in the garden, nothing new under the sun.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:09 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Satan changed Not to Ought in the garden, nothing new under the sun.
"You just killed Beethoven"
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:10 PM 07-09-2020
"You just killed Beethoven"
Did GOD really say....... /Satan
[Reply]
penchief 06:21 PM 07-09-2020
Nobody is pro-abortion. Both sides of this debate would prefer to eliminate abortions completely. The question is how?

One side says that individual liberty cannot be violated by having government dictate what a woman does with her own reproductive rights. This side believes that the solution is eliminating unwanted pregnancies through education and birth control.

The other side is driven more by religious beliefs, therefore, compelling them to oppose birth control in addition to abortion. The problem is that they are willing to sacrifice individual liberty in lieu of limiting unwanted pregnancies.

To summarize:

Side A: Eliminate abortions by eliminating unwanted pregnancies while protecting a woman's individual liberty.

Side B: Eliminate abortions by outlawing them, thereby, denying a woman's individual liberty.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:36 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
Nobody is pro-abortion. Both sides of this debate would prefer to eliminate abortions completely. The question is how?

One side says that individual liberty cannot be violated by having government dictate what a woman does with her own reproductive rights. This side believes that the solution is eliminating unwanted pregnancies through education and birth control.

The other side is driven more by religious beliefs, therefore, compelling them to oppose birth control in addition to abortion. The problem is that they are willing to sacrifice individual liberty in lieu of limiting unwanted pregnancies.

To summarize:

Side A: Eliminate abortions by eliminating unwanted pregnancies while protecting a woman's individual liberty.

Side B: Eliminate abortions by outlawing them, thereby, denying a woman's individual liberty.
"reproductive rights"

the lefts way of eliminating the rights of the child.

Let her play God and dehumanize the baby.

It's decimated our families and is now decimating our communities.
[Reply]
penchief 06:48 PM 07-09-2020
"reproductive rights"

the lefts way of eliminating the rights of the child.

Let her play God and dehumanize the baby.

It's decimated our families and is now decimating our communities.
For someone who claims to be morally superior, you sure do have a way of being dishonest. So you see the act of preventing a woman from becoming pregnant as the same thing as killing a child?

The truth is, if you really cared about eliminating abortions you wouldn't fight efforts to eliminate unwanted pregnancies. Those like you, who want it both ways are the problem.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 06:51 PM 07-09-2020

To summarize:

The left wants to eliminate gun violence and they do it by restricting access to guns. The right to bare arms is an constitutionally enumerated right. The right to abortion is a judicially created one. If the left wanted to eliminate abortions they would do it by restricting access to abortion mills. The left fights tooth an nail to keep abortion mills open.

When you tell us the left wants to eliminate abortions, nobody believes you because it is obviously a lie.
[Reply]
penchief 07:07 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
The left wants to eliminate gun violence and they do it by restricting access to guns. The right to bare arms is an constitutionally enumerated right. The right to abortion is a judicially created one. If the left wanted to eliminate abortions they would do it by restricting access to abortion mills. The left fights tooth an nail to keep abortion mills open.

When you tell us the left wants to eliminate abortions, nobody believes you because it is obviously a lie.
See, this is what I'm talking about. Just the fact that you use the term "abortion mills" shows that you are not open to reason. You have learned well to frame the argument in order to demonize the other side of the debate.

It's interesting that you bring up the Second Amendment, of which I am an advocate. Because I think there is a very interesting parallel regarding abortion and gun rights when it comes to the political right. They care more about the ideal than they do the human consequence.

They rail on about abortion killing innocent children, but they don't give two shits when republicans in congress want to pull the safety net out from under children living in squalor. In fact, they cheer it because they "hate communism."

Same thing goes for gun control. The same people who rail against limiting access to assault weapons or tightening background checks, turn a blind eye when small children are slaughtered in their classrooms. In fact, many of you join right in when your sleazy right wing media begins targeting the victim's families with conspiracy theories.

So spare me your crocodile tears for the "children." Most of you on the radical right could care less what happens to them after they are born.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 07:12 PM 07-09-2020
See, this is what I'm talking about. Just the fact that you use the term "abortion mills" shows that you are not open to reason. You have learned well to frame the argument in order to demonize the other side of the debate.

It's interesting that you bring up the Second Amendment, of which I am an advocate. Because I think there is a very interesting parallel regarding abortion and gun rights when it comes to the political right. They care more about the ideal than the do the human consequence.

They rail on about abortion killing innocent children, but they don't give two shits when republicans in congress want to pull the safety net out from under children living in squalor. In fact, they cheer it because they "hate communism."

Same thing goes for gun control. The same people who rail against limiting access to assault weapons or tightening background checks, turn a blind eye when small children are slaughtered in their classrooms. In fact, many of you join right in when your sleazy right wing media begins targeting the victim's families with conspiracy theories.

So spare me your crocodile tears for the "children." Most of you on the radical right could care less what happens to them after they are born.
You may not realize it but you said nothing to disprove my argument that your earlier claim, that the left wants to eliminate abortion, is a lie.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 07:18 PM 07-09-2020
The pro-life argument is:
Premise 1. It is wrong to kill another human being unless you have too:
Premise 2. A fetus is a human being.
Premise 3. Most abortions are done for reasons of convenience.
Conclusion: Therefore most abortions are wrong.

The above argument is valid even if the right does not care what happens to babies after they a born. The right could want to shoot poor already born babies in the head and the argument against abortion would still be rationale, valid and true. Your statement that I quoted is what is called a red herring. The fact that you have to employ such dishonest and underhanded tactics in your arguments suggests your position is too weak to stand otherwise.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up