ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 24
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
The Dumbass Lounge>Dental experiences with O.City
O.city 09:02 PM 12-04-2019
Had a pretty interesting day today at the office. Morning was pretty normal, drill and fill, check hygiene, extract a tooth etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Pretty normal lunch. Trolled around on CP, ate an apple and a handful of wheat thins.

Then the afternoon hit.

I see inmates from the county jail here in town if they have a tooth ache or something, sheriff or deputy will call up and bring them up in shackles and the whole bit. It's not big deal, most of them are just happy to get out of pain and it's not a problem. So dude comes in, my assistant goes in to ask the normal "which tooth is bothering you, let me get an xray, blah blah". I was in the lab doing something so I wasn't really paying attention. She comes in and says "doc, you will need to come look at something" to which I responded "he need a tooth out, which tooth is hurting"?

"All of them". Huh, ok, weird response but lets go check it out. Sure enough, continued meth use pretty much causes things to not go so well intraorally, so he was pretty much decayed out and most teeth were broken off to the gumline (google meth mouth if you want to see it, i'm not messing with photos). Asked if I could extract all 26 teeth he had left in the 30 minute block we had on the schedule for him.

I laughed, said "nah, which one hurts the worst, we'll take that out". He pointed to one, I numbed it up, used an elevator to take it out, about 30 seconds worth of pressure and it was pretty lose. 2 teeth next to it are super mobile and infected (which starts draining as I get this one out, that smelt nice) so I told him he was getting 2 free extractions since he was already numb in that area and they were loose and I was right there, no harm no foul.

It's always fun when we see the inmates, the Sheriff comes up and sits in the room with them all serious, then when I come in the room we talk about hunting or why the Chiefs always break hearts or something.

He breaks down and starts crying thanking me, that he already felt better (if you saw the amount of infection I drained, you'd see why) and asked if he could make an appointment for when he got out. "Sure, how long you think you'll be in this predicament".

"I figure 4 or 5 years, you scheduling ahead that far yet"? Told him nah, just take care of himself and come see me when he gets out.

Next patient is an amish guy (we have a fairly big amish community near us), super nice guy, needs a crown. Asks if he can barter instead of pay, I ask what is in it for me, said he'd bring me a dozen eggs every week for 6 months (they have chicken barns or something) or I could have a quarter of one of the cows they're butchering. Sold, eggs and beef for a crown, sign me up.

Only problem with that is he scheduled an appointment for himself, but brought 4 other family members who all needed work done.

So we had a waiting room full of inmates and Amish this afternoon. Thought that might be a good name of a band or something.
[Reply]
O.city 02:31 PM 12-12-2019
Well, after a round of antibiotics, my inmate buddy is back today. I'm waiting for him to get numb, we'll see how it goes.

Had a kid in yesterday, really sad deal. She asked her parents for braces for xmas. Seemed like a weird request, so I tried to get some info out of here on it. She is being bullied at school because of it, kids are calling her spongebob because she has some rather large central incisors and her lateral incisors sit back a little bit making the centrals pronounced.

Kids can be horrible. Mom and dad were upset about it and were struggling to come up with the downpayment for ortho treatment.

Told them not to worry about it, I'd take care of it (i'll just write it off, no biggie) and I hope they have a merry xmas.

Felt bad for the kid, hopefully a round of ortho will have her fixed right up.
[Reply]
O.city 02:53 PM 12-12-2019
To no one's surprise, he says he's not numb so he gets to go to the surgeon I guess. I dunno what they'll have him do.
[Reply]
loochy 03:00 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Oh well. Had him numb, was stabbing him with a probe, didn't feel anything. Starting elevating, eyes got real wide and he started crying.
Sounds like after one of my dinner dates
[Reply]
scho63 03:36 PM 12-12-2019
I see this in my head everytime I think of o.city the Dentist



[Reply]
O.city 03:39 PM 12-12-2019

[Reply]
Mecca 03:43 PM 12-12-2019
So a friend of my claims if you have an infection with an abscessed tooth a dentist won't drain it or pull it because of some shit of the infection getting in your blood and killing you, is this true?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:02 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, after a round of antibiotics, my inmate buddy is back today. I'm waiting for him to get numb, we'll see how it goes.

Had a kid in yesterday, really sad deal. She asked her parents for braces for xmas. Seemed like a weird request, so I tried to get some info out of here on it. She is being bullied at school because of it, kids are calling her spongebob because she has some rather large central incisors and her lateral incisors sit back a little bit making the centrals pronounced.

Kids can be horrible. Mom and dad were upset about it and were struggling to come up with the downpayment for ortho treatment.

Told them not to worry about it, I'd take care of it (i'll just write it off, no biggie) and I hope they have a merry xmas.

Felt bad for the kid, hopefully a round of ortho will have her fixed right up.
Good on you, seriously

You deserve a nice tugger for that, if not more
[Reply]
O.city 04:18 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So a friend of my claims if you have an infection with an abscessed tooth a dentist won't drain it or pull it because of some shit of the infection getting in your blood and killing you, is this true?
Uh, yeah, that's not true. At all.

Abscesses can cross facial planes and get into some real fucked up places. Look up Ludwig's Angina if you want an example. Shit can get away from you real quick.

Seriously, anyone reading, if you have any swelling intraorally, get it taken care of.
[Reply]
O.city 04:20 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Good on you, seriously

You deserve a nice tugger for that, if not more
Nah, the little girl is having problems. Least I can do.

We'll take care of her.
[Reply]
burt 04:23 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Look up Ludwig's Angina if you want an example.
I am not looking up any guys angina. Do some guys have an angina?
[Reply]
PackerinMo 04:55 PM 12-12-2019
I once knew someone who had watermelon seed teeth, good thing he fixed them.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:17 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Good on you, seriously

You deserve a nice tugger for that, if not more
Dude, she's a child.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:23 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Dude, she's a child.
:-) :-) Not from the kid!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:08 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, after a round of antibiotics, my inmate buddy is back today. I'm waiting for him to get numb, we'll see how it goes.

Had a kid in yesterday, really sad deal. She asked her parents for braces for xmas. Seemed like a weird request, so I tried to get some info out of here on it. She is being bullied at school because of it, kids are calling her spongebob because she has some rather large central incisors and her lateral incisors sit back a little bit making the centrals pronounced.

Kids can be horrible. Mom and dad were upset about it and were struggling to come up with the downpayment for ortho treatment.

Told them not to worry about it, I'd take care of it (i'll just write it off, no biggie) and I hope they have a merry xmas.

Felt bad for the kid, hopefully a round of ortho will have her fixed right up.
That's awesome... Rep!
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:17 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, after a round of antibiotics, my inmate buddy is back today. I'm waiting for him to get numb, we'll see how it goes.

Had a kid in yesterday, really sad deal. She asked her parents for braces for xmas. Seemed like a weird request, so I tried to get some info out of here on it. She is being bullied at school because of it, kids are calling her spongebob because she has some rather large central incisors and her lateral incisors sit back a little bit making the centrals pronounced.

Kids can be horrible. Mom and dad were upset about it and were struggling to come up with the downpayment for ortho treatment.

Told them not to worry about it, I'd take care of it (i'll just write it off, no biggie) and I hope they have a merry xmas.

Felt bad for the kid, hopefully a round of ortho will have her fixed right up.
Well done. Glad I can call you my friend.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 24
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up