ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Media Center>Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet'
Sure-Oz 10:35 AM 05-22-2019
@LightsCameraPod: Christopher Nolan's next project is a spy-related movie titled 'Tenet'.

It will star John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Clémence Poésy.

The movie releases on July 17, 2020. https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/...014658/photo/1

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/c...gh-1203223474/

Casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh

By*JUSTIN KROLL

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh will appear in*Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film, “Tenet.”
Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine are also joining the cast that includes John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, and Robert Pattinson.
“Tenet,” which is being filmed on location across seven countries, is an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.
Nolan is directing from his own original screenplay and will use a mix of Imax and 70mm film to bring the story to the big screen.
Nolan and his wife, Emma Thomas are producing the movie, while Thomas Hayslip is serving as executive producer.

Nolan’s behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Hoyte van Hoytema, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Jennifer Lame, costume designer Jeffrey Kurland, and visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson. The score is being composed by Ludwig Göransson.

Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing “Tenet” worldwide. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2020.
“Tenet” is Nolan’s follow-up to the Oscar-nominated war drama “Dunkirk.” That film became a huge box office hit, collecting $526 million in ticket sales across the globe. It also earned Nolan his first directing Oscar. Nolan’s acclaimed arsenal of work also includes “The Dark Knight” trilogy, “Inception,” and “Interstellar.”
[Reply]
JD10367 01:43 PM 09-08-2020
Slightly less confusing than I expected, slightly less muffled audio than I expected, but Nolan still deserves a punch in the balls.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:04 PM 09-08-2020
Someone else put this better than I could: Denis Villeneuve does the things I used to expect from a Nolan movie, but better. After his last two turds, Nolan movies are no longer must see for me.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:14 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Slightly less confusing than I expected, slightly less muffled audio than I expected, but Nolan still deserves a punch in the balls.
I've just learned to loathe Nolan. I swore after suffering through the odious Interstellar that I'd never watch another one of his movies. Then Dunkirk came out, and I figured what the hell, it's a war movie based on actual events, should be straightforward. But no, he had to time jump the events instead of telling a coherent, linear story. I know his fanboys think it's all brilliant and visionary. Whatever. I think it's just annoying.

He's made some great movies that I really liked, but at some point he became less concerned about making great movies and more concerned about the need to continually outsmart himself by making each movie more ridiculously and needlessly convoluted than the last. And now he's running shit backwards with muffled dialogue? Yeah, fuck that.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:18 PM 09-08-2020
Other than The Dark Knight, The Prestige is Nolan’s best film. By far imo.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:21 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I've just learned to loathe Nolan. I swore after suffering through the odious Interstellar that I'd never watch another one of his movies. Then Dunkirk came out, and I figured what the hell, it's a war movie based on actual events, should be straightforward. But no, he had to time jump the events instead of telling a coherent, linear story. I know his fanboys think it's all brilliant and visionary. Whatever. I think it's just annoying.

He's made some great movies that I really liked, but at some point he became less concerned about making great movies and more concerned about the need to continually outsmart himself by making each movie more ridiculously and needlessly convoluted than the last. And now he's running shit backwards with muffled dialogue? Yeah, fuck that.
I think he was skimming through old video in his editing room one day and saw something that he thought looked cool when he ran it backwards. Then he just thought, "That looks cool. I'm gonna make a movie about that." And that's all this is.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:31 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Other than The Dark Knight, The Prestige is Nolan’s best film. By far imo.
I still think Batman Begins is the best of the trilogy. It's the only one I'll still occasionally watch. I personally think that Dark Knight was when he started to go off the rails.

Prestige is awesome. I really liked Insomnia, too.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:16 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I still think Batman Begins is the best of the trilogy. It's the only one I'll still occasionally watch. I personally think that Dark Knight was when he started to go off the rails.

Prestige is awesome. I really liked Insomnia, too.
If you haven't, do yourself a favor and watch "Memento". Its his best work IMO, and Guy Pierce is one of Hollywood's most underrated actors.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:19 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Perhaps it depends what on the theater sound settings some. But not all? Your telling me you could make out every line during the sailboat scene? Or when soldiers were wearing masks?

Some of it was accent related? For instance John David Washington I could make out pretty well for most of his dialogue, but the British guys I had some problems with at times.

I saw this in a brand new theater with state of the art sound too. I will say that the bass was extremely heavy so it potentially can drown out dialogue.

Dane can probably explain some of the sound issues better.
I could hear everything fine for the most part, yeah. Didn't make understanding the movie for most of it any easier, though.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:40 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If you haven't, do yourself a favor and watch "Memento". Its his best work IMO, and Guy Pierce is one of Hollywood's most underrated actors.
I've seen it. I liked it, just not as much as some of his other earlier stuff.
[Reply]
RN47 05:18 AM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I've just learned to loathe Nolan. I swore after suffering through the odious Interstellar that I'd never watch another one of his movies. Then Dunkirk came out, and I figured what the hell, it's a war movie based on actual events, should be straightforward. But no, he had to time jump the events instead of telling a coherent, linear story. I know his fanboys think it's all brilliant and visionary. Whatever. I think it's just annoying.

He's made some great movies that I really liked, but at some point he became less concerned about making great movies and more concerned about the need to continually outsmart himself by making each movie more ridiculously and needlessly convoluted than the last. And now he's running shit backwards with muffled dialogue? Yeah, **** that.

Bringo.:-)
[Reply]
sully1983 08:34 AM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’d like to see Nolan go smaller scale again like Insomnia. A film I really liked.

He doesn’t need to go full scale audio/visual assault every time.
Kinda agree at this point. While I enjoyed TENET, it'd be refreshing & cool if he went smaller scale these days.

Would love for him to make a modern day British gangster film.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:51 AM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Kinda agree at this point. While I enjoyed TENET, it'd be refreshing & cool if he went smaller scale these days.

Would love for him to make a modern day British gangster film.
He can't write worth a shit, so this would probably suck. The best British gangster flicks are brilliantly written.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:05 AM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Kinda agree at this point. While I enjoyed TENET, it'd be refreshing & cool if he went smaller scale these days.

Would love for him to make a modern day British gangster film.
Its pretty obvious he desperately wants to make a Bond film.

except it would run in reverse or deal with time fucks in some manner.
[Reply]
JD10367 09:48 AM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Its pretty obvious he desperately wants to make a Bond film.

except it would run in reverse or deal with time ****s in some manner.
Daniel Craig goes back in time in a Delorean to stop Libyan terrorists, and on the way he saves Buckbeak the Hippogriff. But he’s wearing a Bane mask for the whole film so you can’t hear a word.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:32 PM 09-09-2020
/r/FanTheories material here, but **** reddit so I'mma post it here.

Nolan has a meta narrative with his recent films, particularly Inception, Interstellar and Tenet, signaled by the fact that those films themselves are conducive to meta-textuality themselves as well as that they plausibly exist within the same universe.

Inception spoiler:
Spoiler!


Interstellar spoiler:
Spoiler!


Tenet spoiler:
Spoiler!


Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up