ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 24
« First < 142021222324
Media Center>What Are You Spinning? Cont.
eDave 08:45 PM 02-05-2019
Rabble's thread has become extremely slow to load and post so I'm starting a new one while the other will be locked.

As rabble is no longer with us (cough), I have been authorized to post in his stead.

Perhaps we can add a full description of the video then post a direct link in an effort to forego the issues in the original thread.

Let's hear what your hearing.

Link to the original - https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314922
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:40 PM 09-12-2020
Plenty of good bands. You sometimes just have to go look at other countries music scenes to find them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:45 PM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Plenty of good bands. You sometimes just have to go look at other countries music scenes to find them.
Yep. It's really hard anymore for good music to find you. Most of the broadcast and auto-streaming outlets are 100% pop music all the time.

You have to put effort into finding good music nowadays but there's some really great stuff out there if you look for it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:40 PM 09-12-2020
When you find something you like, note the record label that put it out then develop a list of labels you like/trust. Feel most independent labels will put out similar styles and sounds. Then block all your family and "friends" on social media and follow just the bands/labels and you'll always be in the know of what's new within the scope of what you've liked historically.

That's been my formula for 20+ years (sans the social media part).
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:15 PM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
When you find something you like, note the record label that put it out then develop a list of labels you like/trust. Feel most independent labels will put out similar styles and sounds. Then block all your family and "friends" on social media and follow just the bands/labels and you'll always be in the know of what's new within the scope of what you've liked historically.

That's been my formula for 20+ years (sans the social media part).
Yep, I network with several smaller bands on FB and I've found a ton of interesting music that way. Speaking of bands I've networked with (and helped spread the word about) on social media, this is what I'm listening to right now...

[Reply]
lewdog 04:51 PM 09-12-2020

[Reply]
listopencil 07:27 PM 09-15-2020

[Reply]
Fishpicker 01:51 AM 09-16-2020

[Reply]
Page 24 of 24
« First < 142021222324
Up