ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>'Cobra Kai' Karate Kid sequel series teaser....
Deberg_1990 12:32 PM 02-24-2018
Hell yea! Im in!



[Reply]
Third Eye 12:12 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea. That was truly dumb. Not that the fight happened, but they way it went on for far too long, it was unrealistic and corny.

So Elizabeth Shue for season 3 ?
In fairness, I think itís supposed to be unrealistic and corny, like most 80s movies.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:17 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea. That was truly dumb. Not that the fight happened, but they way it went on for far too long, it was unrealistic and corny.

So Elizabeth Shue for season 3 ?
They've kept it quiet, but I can't imagine they'd end Season 2 like they did and not bring her back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:37 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
In fairness, I think itís supposed to be unrealistic and corny, like most 80s movies.
But season 1 wasn't.

Season 2 was what I expected when I started watching season 1. But S1 was genuinely good.

Which is to say they should probably pull the plug on this thing after season 3.
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:33 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But season 1 wasn't.

Season 2 was what I expected when I started watching season 1. But S1 was genuinely good.

Which is to say they should probably pull the plug on this thing after season 3.
I don’t think that good and unrealistic and corny are mutually exclusive. I thought season 1 had a ton of corniness to it and that is ok! It’s also extremely unrealistic, just like the source material, and that’s ok too. Maybe they turned it up a notch, but season 1 was far from some gritty, realistic slice of life.

Edit: just for clarity, I’m not going to try and argue that season 2 was as good as season 1, it wasn’t, but I don’t think it was as awful as you are making it out to be. I think season 1 just came out of left field and its uniqueness probably elevates more than may be justified.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:28 PM 09-15-2020
Hi thought overall season 2 was good. Other than the school fight that jumped the shark and turning Kreese into a cartoon villain.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:35 PM 09-16-2020
I'm glad LaRussos daughter isn't actually like 16 cuz she is gorgeous. Turns out shes 24.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 01:24 AM 09-17-2020


S1 was great. especially S1E1. S2 was good. The farther the story delves into teenage karate fighters, the worse it gets. would any teenager take karate nowadays? I think they would gravitate towards J.J. MT or Krav Maga. I will probably watch S3 even though my karate itch was totally scratched by S1
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:50 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm glad LaRussos daughter isn't actually like 16 cuz she is gorgeous. Turns out shes 24.
Yeah, she is thiiiiick.

Damn, the season 2 ending really jumped the shark and had the worst choreography in the whole show. I was telling my wife that the show felt very visceral and well done with the fight scenes like 30 seconds before the brawl went down. I felt pretty stupid right after that.
[Reply]
luv 12:20 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm glad LaRussos daughter isn't actually like 16 cuz she is gorgeous. Turns out shes 24.
Ralph Macchio (Daniel) was the same way. He was 23 playing a 16/17 year old. William Zabka (Johnny) was about 19 at that time. Macchio is 58 and Zabka will be 55 next month. They both look like they're in their mid-forties.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:05 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Ralph Macchio (Daniel) was the same way. He was 23 playing a 16/17 year old. William Zabka (Johnny) was about 19 at that time. Macchio is 58 and Zabka will be 55 next month. They both look like they're in their mid-forties.
Zabka is like a less nerdy Owen Wilson. He and Macchio carry this show, and I would expect Zabka to show up in other places.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:08 PM 09-17-2020
IMO Daniel's wife (Courtney Henggeler) is far hotter than the daughter.

She also played Sheldon's sister on Big Bang Theory.

Yummy.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:15 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
IMO Daniel's wife (Courtney Henggeler) is far hotter than the daughter.

She also played Sheldon's sister on Big Bang Theory.

Yummy.
Yeah she is really hot and has perfect comedic timing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Frazod:
IMO Daniel's wife (Courtney Henggeler) is far hotter than the daughter.

She also played Sheldon's sister on Big Bang Theory.

Yummy.
The daughter's incredibly average looking. I suspect (hope) that was the plan. Because even with professional makeup, etc... I don't really see anything attractive about her.

Mom, OTOH - yeah, that works really nicely.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:54 AM Yesterday
I think this series is epic. That Johnny (Zabka) character and I are 2 peas in a pod as far as attitude. At work the young guys were always shocked at my not so politically correct comments and 1980`s persona. I look forward to season 3.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:32 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The daughter's incredibly average looking. I suspect (hope) that was the plan. Because even with professional makeup, etc... I don't really see anything attractive about her.

Mom, OTOH - yeah, that works really nicely.
The daughter's cute, but not really pretty.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up