ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Media Center>'Cobra Kai' Karate Kid sequel series teaser....
Deberg_1990 12:32 PM 02-24-2018
Hell yea! Im in!



[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:09 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
For me, it was one of the those shows that looked interesting but I don't have YouTube TV and I certainly wasn't going to subscribe just for this show.

Then one night I was feeling nostalgic and had a few drinks, and it popped up in my Netflix feed. I had no idea they even added it to their service. I ended up watching both seasons in a matter of a week which is a 'binge' to me as I rarely do anything like that.
Same.
[Reply]
luv 07:55 AM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Wonder if Robby is going to get in trouble for breaking Miguel's back?
I'm guessing they'll have to find him first. And the friend request! Ugh! Looking forward to season 3!
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:02 AM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Holy crap, this show is way better than it has any right to be. My surprise of the year.

Wife and I sat down and began watching the show....seemed a little weird (in a nostalgic) sort of way....Sorry, but the acting was a tad suspect on occasion, but over all, for guys like me, that enjoyed the movies way back when - it wasn't bad.

Looking forward to the next season...Loved that Dodge Challenger though :-)

Gorgeous automobile..
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:10 AM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Wife and I sat down and began watching the show....seemed a little weird (in a nostalgic) sort of way....Sorry, but the acting was a tad suspect on occasion, but over all, for guys like me, that enjoyed the movies way back when - it wasn't bad.

Looking forward to the next season...Loved that Dodge Challenger though :-)

Gorgeous automobile..
You aren't wrong as the acting is not fantastic, but there is this weird (in a good way) mixture of 80s/90s production and storytelling with modern dialogue that is so addicting. I feel like I am watching a TV show from the 90's until someone says "shit" out loud.
[Reply]
luv 12:09 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Wife and I sat down and began watching the show....seemed a little weird (in a nostalgic) sort of way....Sorry, but the acting was a tad suspect on occasion, but over all, for guys like me, that enjoyed the movies way back when - it wasn't bad.

Looking forward to the next season...Loved that Dodge Challenger though :-)

Gorgeous automobile..
If you look on IMDb, neither of the headliners from the movies have done a lot of acting since then, and it was mainly B movies or television show appearances. The writing is corny in spots, but I like the overall gist and how it's going.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:08 PM 09-08-2020
Season 2 was pretty poor, IMO.

At a point it just became 'good guys vs. bad guys' and every silly story telling device imaginable got hammered in there to make a clear dichotomy.

The first season made clear how different a story can look based on its narrator. The second season just had the same lame ass black/white distinction and took low hanging fruit at every possible turn.

I'll check out season 3 if/when it comes around because of a couple of cliffhangers, but my expectations are pretty much nil.
[Reply]
luv 01:41 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Season 2 was pretty poor, IMO.

At a point it just became 'good guys vs. bad guys' and every silly story telling device imaginable got hammered in there to make a clear dichotomy.

The first season made clear how different a story can look based on its narrator. The second season just had the same lame ass black/white distinction and took low hanging fruit at every possible turn.

I'll check out season 3 if/when it comes around because of a couple of cliffhangers, but my expectations are pretty much nil.

Season 1 definitely let you know that Johnny wasn't the real bad guy. Season 2 felt like a transition. Focused on the kids, Johnny learning the difference between mercy and honor (and catching up with the times), and just building up to something more than the 30 minute fight scene. It has to come back to defeating Kreese. Regardless, I really can't see this series going longer than three seasons...four if they just feel the need to draw things out.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:48 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Season 2 was pretty poor, IMO.

At a point it just became 'good guys vs. bad guys' and every silly story telling device imaginable got hammered in there to make a clear dichotomy.

The first season made clear how different a story can look based on its narrator. The second season just had the same lame ass black/white distinction and took low hanging fruit at every possible turn.

I'll check out season 3 if/when it comes around because of a couple of cliffhangers, but my expectations are pretty much nil.
I will definitely agree season two wasn't anywhere near as solid, but season one was so good it just gets you hooked and you want to see how it ends. Season one was totally organic, season two definitely felt forced.

I'm betting it was one of those shows where the writers didn't really expect more than one season, but they had to keep it rolling once the offer came in and they didn't really know where to go with the story.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:53 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Season 1 definitely let you know that Johnny wasn't the real bad guy. Season 2 felt like a transition. Focused on the kids, Johnny learning the difference between mercy and honor (and catching up with the times), and just building up to something more than the 30 minute fight scene. It has to come back to defeating Kreese. Regardless, I really can't see this series going longer than three seasons...four if they just feel the need to draw things out.
Someone above said they hope it goes after 3 seasons to keep it from jumping the shark.

Honestly, I think it already did. Every time there was a chance for nuance to a character, it just became more turning into the skid on cliche's like Robby's 'good kid in a tough spot' angle or Tori as a bad influence or Demitri becoming a badass in 2 weeks because of Nerd Power or something.

It just ended up being really forced and hackey in season 2. I just started cringing because you could see them telegraph the inevitable 'black/white' moment every episode when they had a chance to really make for an interesting story instead.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:15 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
You aren't wrong as the acting is not fantastic, but there is this weird (in a good way) mixture of 80s/90s production and storytelling with modern dialogue that is so addicting. I feel like I am watching a TV show from the 90's until someone says "shit" out loud.

Indeed. Ralph Machio never really impressed me as an actor - Pat Morita made those movies for me. He was a pretty damned good actor.

Don't get me wrong - for me, it was like a trip down 80s memory lane.

I will check out season 3, but they should probably bring it to a conclusion at the end of 3.
[Reply]
journeyscarab 10:00 AM 09-09-2020
Daniel-son was starting to sound like an infomercial every time he says "At Miyagi-Do Karate...". We enjoyed watching the series. First season was very well done. Enjoyed the nods to the movies and such.

The second season had some unrealistic situations that just didn't make sense and seemed abit far fetched in order to advance the plot.

Looking forward to seeing how they wrap it up in season 3. I dont see this having enough plot to advance past 3 seasons.
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 01:04 PM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Someone above said they hope it goes after 3 seasons to keep it from jumping the shark.

Honestly, I think it already did. Every time there was a chance for nuance to a character, it just became more turning into the skid on cliche's like Robby's 'good kid in a tough spot' angle or Tori as a bad influence or Demitri becoming a badass in 2 weeks because of Nerd Power or something.

It just ended up being really forced and hackey in season 2. I just started cringing because you could see them telegraph the inevitable 'black/white' moment every episode when they had a chance to really make for an interesting story instead.
It jumped the shark with the end battle royale, dude
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:41 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It jumped the shark with the end battle royale, dude
Yea. That was truly dumb. Not that the fight happened, but they way it went on for far too long, it was unrealistic and corny.

So Elizabeth Shue for season 3 ?
[Reply]
journeyscarab 03:11 PM 09-14-2020
The fight reminded me of all the Peter vs. Chicken fights in Family Guy and was about as ridiculous.
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 06:06 PM 09-14-2020
Bowser...we are waiting
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up