ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 138
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:14 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Rashod Bateman and Terrace Marshall in the first round.
There are a ton of guys in the middle of the draft.
I'm completely on board with a first round WR, but in that scenario how are we addressing LT? Unless they sign a vet FA as a stopgap I don't see how you're not forced to take an OT in round 1. Signing someone like Okung of course opens up your options.

And if their plan is to trade for a LT I would assume that involves the RD 1 pick, so we're not getting a WR there in that case. I'm anxious to see how this plays out.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:16 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'm completely on board with a first round WR, but in that scenario how are we addressing LT? Unless they sign a vet FA as a stopgap I don't see how you're not forced to take an OT in round 1. Signing someone like Okung of course opens up your options.

And if their plan is to trade for a LT I would assume that involves the RD 1 pick, so we're not getting a WR there in that case. I'm anxious to see how this plays out.
Here’s a theory. Somebody like Rankin or Niang plays LT but we re sign Fisher. He comes back when he’s fully healthy
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:17 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:

WR in round 1. Trade up on round two for Walker Little, Dillon Radunz, hell....Liam Eichenberg.
[Reply]
-King- 03:22 PM 03-24-2021

While a signing could come of this at some point, the thinking is that the #Browns pursued Clowney last year, but never really got to sit down with him face-to-face. That happens now, and we’ll see if they get together on a deal. https://t.co/oQi22gAfVr

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 24, 2021

Hope they sign him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:24 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
WR in round 1. Trade up on round two for Walker Little, Dillon Radunz, hell....Liam Eichenberg.
Man, Little is a talented player but having both of our hopeful bookends of the future be guys that had season ending surgery in 19 then opting out in 20 is a nerve-wracking thought.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:26 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Man, Little is a talented player but having both of our hopeful bookends of the future be guys that had season ending surgery in 19 then opting out in 20 is a nerve-wracking thought.
It is what it is at this point. It’s going to depend on if he can start day one and be good to go. I’m still in the camp of signing Okung and bringing in a rookie as competition.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:32 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

It’s extremely high upside, though.

Neither injury is one you’d expect to end a career or even actually diminish a guy. Gives KC the opportunity to get guys they otherwise wouldn’t have been in position to acquire.

Let’s say they take Walker Little as their LT of the future. If he and Niang both hit, it’s like getting two first round values at highly important positions in the same draft.

It might not hit the ground running in 2021, but that’s why your bring in Remmers and another vet as insurance at LT if you can.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:37 PM 03-24-2021
We had the following options at LT:

1. Keep Fisher and draft a LT to start.
2. Sign Trent Williams and draft a developmental LT
3. Sign a veteran stop gap and draft a LT for competition.
4. Draft a rookie LT and start him immediately.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:43 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
All he said was we missed on 5 of 6 of the players we tried to get. You took that as not only is the off season over, but the season overall too. :-) How?!? You gotta start doing breathing exercises before you post. You're way too worked up.
Exactly. Dude needs to chill :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 03:46 PM 03-24-2021
There's always....Antonio Brown
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:47 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
There's always....Antonio Brown
Wouldn't be too shocked, Veach loves his talent.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:48 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
All he said was we missed on 5 of 6 of the players we tried to get. You took that as not only is the off season over, but the season overall too. :-) How?!? You gotta start doing breathing exercises before you post. You're way too worked up.
Wrong. The other was a cross thread reference. He said exactly what I said he did.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:53 PM 03-24-2021
Our cap is screwed for next season. This is based on a cap space of 203 million next season

I just saw how much Chris Jones and Patrick Mahomes cap numbers bumped up for 2022 after looking at your tweet. DANG! https://t.co/Hlj0BolkM0

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) March 24, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 03:55 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Our cap is screwed for next season. This is based on a cap space of 203 million next season

Mahomes has a roster bonus of $27 million and Jones has one for $18 million. Plus we can cut Hitchens and June 1st cut Clark if they aren’t worth it.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:55 PM 03-24-2021
F**K IT!!..DUNLAP, BOUYE, ALEXANDER AND HUMPHRIE GET YOUR VET MIN ASSES ON A PLANE TO KC NOW!!..AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!!..CAUSE UCB SAID SOOOOOO!!
[Reply]
Page 95 of 138
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105 > Last »
Up