ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith announces retirement
-King- 09:57 AM 04-19-2021
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Elizabeth Smith (@lizbsmith11)

[Reply]
eDave 01:55 PM 04-19-2021
Sup, Mav?
[Reply]
Mav 01:56 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
This makes zero sense to me. We nearly missed mahomes and had to trade up to get him, because we were middle of the road (17th pick) and we had to trade up to the 11 spot to get him.

Without Smith we might not have needed to trade to get him...

Can you explain the logic of why we needed a better QB to get a higher draft pick?

Without Alex you probably draft a qb before Mahomes. The Chiefs aren’t waiting 4 seasons to draft a qb without Alex. But, then again it shouldn’t surprise me that with you common sense isn’t common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mav 01:58 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Sup, Mav?

Hey bud. Figured today was a good day to hop out of lurker status. Hope all is well Dave!

[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:06 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Hey bud. Figured today was a good day to hop out of lurker status. Hope all is well Dave!

I imagine you must have called in sick today.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:08 PM 04-19-2021
Ahh. Pest is a good guy. I doubt he TRULY wished injury on smith but I would have to see the post. It was probably just trollbait etc... My main point still stands though
- the idea that there was some widespread wish or desire for smith to be hurt in that last season (or before) just isn't true. There was maybe a FEW people who did want to start
Mahomes immediately even in the beginning of the 1st season but I would say 95%+ were OK with him stinning on the bench until far later in that season. And I say this as an Alex Smith hater
who was posting like crazy during those times from Day 1 of ALex Smith's tenure here and my memory is pretty solid on this.
AlexSmithDynasty
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:41 PM 04-19-2021
Without Alex you probably draft a qb before Mahomes. The Chiefs aren’t waiting 4 seasons to draft a qb without Alex. But, then again it shouldn’t surprise me that with you common sense isn’t common.
even if we HAD drafted a guy b4 alex we probably still take mahomes if we suck right?

Look, im really broken up about your boy smith never winning anything but at least you can fantasize about his hot wife and his bank accounts.
I know this must be a sad day for you that your undying love retires....but i'm sure we will still hear from you when you come back on one of
Mahomes' rare off-days...yeah?

Oh by the way did you sell all your redskins gear on ebay yet? What team are you gonna be a "fan" of now?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:41 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The home playoff loss to Tennessee was the last straw for me on Alex. I think he's a really good person, but I'm glad he's no longer our starting QB.
That was a stinker, which is a shame because he put up a hell of a first half. You just can't follow that up with a goose egg in the second half.

If that douche Triplette doesn't call off the "forward progress" sack, who knows how it ends? That's kinda been Alex's career though. In 2011 he definitely goes to a Super Bowl if not for Kyle Williams muffing two punts. In 2013 he just couldn't hang on in the end @IND with the Luck fumble TD. The forward progress sack and Mariota's TD pass to himself against TEN in 2017.

Guy was just always on the wrong end.. and that was mostly his fault. I'd say @NE 2015, PIT 2016 and TEN 2017 were losses I'd say he took the brunt of the blame for having subpar games.

Originally Posted by -King-:
I found it fun. Frustrating at times but still fun.
It was fun. I watch highlights from that period frequently.

It was frustrating and not nearly as fun as it is with Mahomes, but a hell of a lot better than going 4-12, 6-10 or some shit like that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:46 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
3rd and 12..... pass..... high right flutter ball out of bounds..... SMIFFFFF, gtfo! Rinse and repeat.
Oh, goodness. I'm getting a flashback.

We're down to the Broncos. It's either end of half or end of regulation. With time expiring, a Hail Mary is the only option. This dude drops back to pass then tucks it and runs up the sideline for like a 20 yard gain :-)

Fucking pointless.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:51 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It was frustrating and not nearly as fun as it is with Mahomes, but a hell of a lot better than going 4-12, 6-10 or some shit like that.

Youre making me ponder this...but I am not sure what is more fun, honestly. If I was watching games live,
I guess I would rather watch the better team, but as a fan at home just knowing we can't win in the playoffs ruins things for me.
If you were to give me the choice right now between 2-3 miserable seasons and some high draft picks / rebuild
and 5-6 mediocre seasons with middle of the road picks and middle of the road picks...I might just put the gun to my head and try to end the misery faster...
but full disclosure if I had season tickets or still lived closer I might not think the same way...
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:52 PM 04-19-2021
:-)

The irony of all ironies...
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:53 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

The irony of all ironies...

exactly...like its just some random thing the guy is here. You know he is in his PJ's and in tears with a big bowl of ice cream

[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:56 PM 04-19-2021
Youre making me ponder this...but I am not sure what is more fun, honestly. If I was watching games live,
I guess I would rather watch the better team, but as a fan at home just knowing we can't win in the playoffs ruins things for me.
If you were to give me the choice right now between 2-3 miserable seasons and some high draft picks / rebuild
and 5-6 mediocre seasons with middle of the road picks and middle of the road picks...I might just put the gun to my head and try to end the misery faster...
but full disclosure if I had season tickets or still lived closer I might not think the same way...
I understand your point of view, especially after we'd had a few 10-6, 11-5 first round playoff exits with Alex and it became more and more apparent that he would probably never get us over the hump. 45+ years of pretty much never making it past the Divisional Round wore us down. We NEEDED that Super Bowl that Mahomes was so kind enough to deliver.

But generally speaking, give me the puncher's chance over that losing season shit. Just make it to the postseason and anything can happen.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 02:58 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you've got to be fucking kidding me
You're a real piece of shit for cheering his injury.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:58 PM 04-19-2021
But generally speaking, give me the puncher's chance over that losing season shit. Just make it to the postseason and anything can happen.

The funny thing is i ABSOLUTELY used to feel that way but the years of Marty and decent teams beat that notion out of my head.
Basically decades of fielding good solid teams with backup QB's and seeing the futility of it all....
I'm pretty convinced now that maybe there are a few exceptions but basically you need a premier QB to have a real shot to win it all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:58 PM 04-19-2021
I understand your point of view, especially after we'd had a few 10-6, 11-5 first round playoff exits with Alex. 45+ years of pretty much never making it past the Divisional Round wore us down. We NEEDED that Super Bowl that Mahomes was so kind enough to deliver.

Your last sentence sounds great in theory.

But your second sentence all but precludes that last sentence from being true.

In other words, after 50 years of getting to the playoffs and losing, it got to the point where I never even felt we had a puncher's chance. Going into a first round playoff game, the expectation was always that we'd lose, probably from 2003 on, for me.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up