ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith announces retirement
-King- 09:57 AM 04-19-2021
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Elizabeth Smith (@lizbsmith11)

[Reply]
eDave 12:28 PM 04-19-2021
Boring 10 or 11 win seasons are very profitable.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:28 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Boring 10 or 11 win seasons are very profitable.
Which is precisely why it shouldn't be supported. (Thank fucking God someone, somewhere, in some room said enough and we were able to draft Mahomes.)
[Reply]
eDave 12:31 PM 04-19-2021
Yes. The support vs justification is rice paper thin.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:36 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
So your enjoyment of football always hinges on the end result?
Now? No, because they finally got there and even won one. But after 30 years of playoff disappointments, you're fucking right my enjoyment of football hinged on the end result.

And there's still a huge fucking difference from watching the Cassel teams win 4 games a season and be uncompetitive in the vast majority than watching us win 10-11 and be competitive in the majority. I don't get how one isn't a lot more fun to watch over the other.
I've seen 2 or 3 dozen 10 win seasons since I became a fan. They're more fun than 4-win seasons but that doesn't mean they're even close to winning a championship. Not even in the same hemisphere actually.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:38 PM 04-19-2021
Who?????
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:46 PM 04-19-2021
Reid said at his press conference that if he wants to get into coaching, he has first dibs. Mahomes has been really cool to Alex about giving him props about understanding how to read defenses and play the QB at the NFL level. No way it was just him saying nice things about the previous guy while he took his job.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:47 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Same here. Alex Smith was just the continuation of a long and frustrating history of trying to make do with other teams' leftovers.

The was nothing even remotely fun about it. I don't have any ill will towards Alex Smith, the man, or even the football player, as long as he's playing for someone other than the Kansas City Chiefs.
The home playoff loss to Tennessee was the last straw for me on Alex. I think he's a really good person, but I'm glad he's no longer our starting QB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:47 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Reid said at his press conference that if he wants to get into coaching, he has first dibs. Mahomes has been really cool to Alex about giving him props about understanding how to read defenses and play the QB at the NFL level. No way it was just him saying nice things about the previous guy while he took his job.
I'm sure Mahomes is sincere, and I'm sure that Alex was nothing but class about the whole situation.

All comments about his level of play aside, Alex Smith is a quality person with a high football IQ.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:49 PM 04-19-2021
Lot of butthurt Alexsexual energy in this thread. DO we have to hear how great his career was and how much money he made and how hot his wife was?

Fuck all alexians. Period.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:50 PM 04-19-2021
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Elizabeth Smith (@lizbsmith11)

He will forever be "what could have been." The Niners did a good job ruining him early on. Not sure if he would have done better elsewhere though. He's way too cautious.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:51 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Good for him.

And **** every single one of you that rooted for him to get hurt here. Go **** yourselves.

We never rooted for Alex to get hurt.

We rooted for Cassel to get hurt.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:52 PM 04-19-2021
So your enjoyment of football always hinges on the end result?

not really but i didn't have that much fun watching him throw 5 yard passes to the flat and tight ends
KNOWING what the end result would be ahead of time...and never being able to convert 3rd downs...

By the time he started even trying to go deep (his last season or so with KC), it was too late and we had already drafted mahomes.

So while my enjoyment doesnt HINGE on the result...my enjoyment is affected if
I know the end result before the season even starts.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:54 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We never rooted for Alex to get hurt.

Exactly. There were maybe a couple of guys (trolls) doing that but by and large no one REALLY was doign that.

In fact most of even the die hard Alex Haters acknowledged and accepted Mahomes riding the bench that 1st season.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:55 PM 04-19-2021
I honestly don't remember this Alex Smith guy but I'm glad he's happy
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:59 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'll stand my consistency that without Alex we ain't got Mahomes.

This makes zero sense to me. We nearly missed mahomes and had to trade up to get him, because we were middle of the road (17th pick) and we had to trade up to the 11 spot to get him.

Without Smith we might not have needed to trade to get him...

Can you explain the logic of why we needed a better QB to get a higher draft pick?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up