ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>I own the 2021 KC Draft guide. AMA.
Direckshun 11:04 AM 04-05-2021
It's a 300 page superdocument created by the smart kids behind the AP Lab, to document as many NFL prospects as possible, specifically with a KC angle that allows for them to tell us how good of a fit such-and-such players are for the 2021 Chiefs.

Any questions about it and its contents, I will answer with the guide.

Ask away.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:23 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He also thought Ryan Finley was a 1st round pick.

Everyone makes mistakes.
Agreed. Everyone. Scouts, GMs, internet junkies like us. All included.

Personally, I've probably called as many good players bad as I have bad players good. The law of averages always gets everyone. I could be wrong on Brown, who I think is in the top 5 WRs in this class. I could be wrong on Forsythe, who others are high on early and I'm more of a mid-round guy on him. Even the best GMs only hit on about 3 players per draft.

Hell, the chances of getting a starter out of round 1 is only around 30%, with diminishing returns thereafter.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:35 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Agreed. Everyone. Scouts, GMs, internet junkies like us. All included.

Personally, I've probably called as many good players bad as I have bad players good. The law of averages always gets everyone. I could be wrong on Brown, who I think is in the top 5 WRs in this class. I could be wrong on Forsythe, who others are high on early and I'm more of a mid-round guy on him. Even the best GMs only hit on about 3 players per draft.

Hell, the chances of getting a starter out of round 1 is only around 30%, with diminishing returns thereafter.
We all makes mistakes. What separates the people who are better is learning from when they missed.

What did I miss? What did I not see.

I really like Seth Williams but my overenthusiasm for Hakeem Butler has taught me to be more observant of how long it can take.

So with Williams you see 40% of the plays where he looks like a superstar but you need to move him down the board because he isn't consistent. There are some bad rep there too. If you draft him you need to wait till year 2 , year 3 to see if you hit on something nice.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:55 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I have Waddle as WR #1 and Dyami wouldn't be in my top ten WR's.

This happens every year though. WR's are beauty in the eye of the beholder.
I actually completely agree in totality with this post. I think Waddle is far underrated and should be the best WR in the draft.

His separation is just ridiculous.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:58 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Simi Fehoko analysis?
The compare him to DK Metcalf (in terms of his playing style, not projecting his future career) and label him a "high fit" with the Chiefs, giving him a 3rd round projection.

They say he's big and imposing, creating space through technique and hand usage, with elite long speed.

But they do say he's linear and doesn't have a ton of "snap to his hips," along with some bad drops.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:11 PM 04-05-2021
Yeah on the WRs I like Waddle a ton and think DaVonta Smith is severely overrated.

My top 15 would shake out around this, depending on a particular team's needs:

1. JaMarr Chase
2. Jalen Waddle
3. Dyami Brown
4. Elijah Moore
5. Rashod Bateman
6. DaVonta Smith
7. Kadarius Toney
8. Terrace Marshall
9. Tylan Wallace
10. Amari Rodgers
11. Seth Williams
12. Dazz Newsome
13. Nico Collins
14. Tutu Atwell
15. DWayne Eskridge
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:24 AM 04-06-2021
I also think DaVonta Smith is super overrated. I cannot get the obsession there.
[Reply]
In58men 08:47 AM 04-06-2021
What did they say about Tylan Wallace? I know he didn’t have the best pro-day, so I’m curious as to what they think.
[Reply]
In58men 08:58 AM 04-06-2021
Also, Daniel Jeremiah just dropped his mock draft and has us taking Kelvin Johnson CB Kentucky. I would be VERY surprised if we go CB.

It could happen since this draft is loaded with OT and WR
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:02 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Also, Daniel Jeremiah just dropped his mock draft and has us taking Kelvin Johnson CB Kentucky. I would be VERY surprised if we go CB.

It could happen since this draft is loaded with OT and WR
I wouldn't be surprised at all. They've been sniffing around corners and we all know how expensive they can get.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:24 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
What did they say about Tylan Wallace? I know he didn’t have the best pro-day, so I’m curious as to what they think.
They have Tylan as the 10th WR, with a 3rd round grade. He is compared to Stefon Diggs (in terms of playing style, not talent or future projection), and describe him as a "high fit" with KC.

They have him as the 68th overall player on their big board.

They call him "an absolute DOG with the ball in the air and has a my-ball mentality." They say his ability to make contested catches is almost second-to-none in the draft class, and has good route running abilities, though he'll need refinement, and they say "he's a quarterback's best friend" because he keeps working to get open until the play is truly over.

They also say he's average in terms of stature and speed, and press man coverage can screw with him at the LOS.

He's readymade for the NFL, they say, and would be a good fit for some of Mahomes' more creative YOLO balls and scramble drills.
[Reply]
iSavedLatin 01:45 PM 04-06-2021
Would you mind sharing what they think of the pair of Clemson receivers Amari Rodgers and Cornell Powell?

TIA!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:28 AM 04-07-2021
I listen to the pod and often wonder as they clamor about their guys, have they hit on any previous picks?
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:31 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Edit: Waddle is their 20th ranked prospect. Brown is their 38th.
Can you post the top 31 ranked players? I’m really curious.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:58 PM 04-07-2021
WR Tommarion "Scary" Terry from FSU have any upside?

He'd be a late rounder WR I'd take a flyer on.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:05 PM 04-07-2021
What’s the story on Larry Borom from Mizzou?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up