ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I think Fisher is coming back
HemiEd 08:30 PM 03-31-2021
It just seems to be lining up where the Chiefs are planning on it to me.

His injury against Buffalo in the AFCCG was sudden and sad.

Bart Verch said he planned on him coming back in August.

Then he is suddenly cut/released.

A complete new OL minus a LT.

Yeah, I know about the draft, but it just seems to be stacking up for Fisher's return to me.

Discuss
[Reply]
staylor26 10:15 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Cutting Fisher created an additional major hole, when this team is struggling to fill its other additional major holes.
You are so fucking dumb it’s impossible to even argue with you.

You don’t get it. Like at all.

They. Can. Still. Circle. Back. To. Fisher.

Nothing has changed. They still need a day 1 LT either way. Cutting Fisher at least allowed them to go after Williams and sign guys like Thuney and Reed.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:17 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I extend Honey Badger, freeing up some money.

I'd sign Okung to an incentive laden two year deal. If he plays, he gets paid. I'm also in touch with Fisher and his rehab. PLAN B-I'd sign Villanueva to a two year deal we can get out of in one if we want.

I'd sign Ingram to increase pass rush ability at DE. PLAN B-I'd sign Clowney to a reasonable deal. His big money days are over, but he's still a decent complimentary player, great against the run and decent pass rusher. On this line, he'd thrive.

I'd see what comes available at WR, but honestly I don't expect much to happen in FA at that position. Nobody wants to try to parlay #3 targets into a payday. Probably going to have to draft a guy and develop them. At any rate, of the 3 concerns, I place this at #3 behind 1)LT, 2)DE

This frees us up as far as the order we need to look at positions in the draft as we have short term spots filled. We're still going to need to draft and develop a LT, a DE, and a WR. That's just a reality of the NFL, and nobody doesn't have areas they need to address in this way.
That's a pretty good plan on paper, and one in which I've explicitly endorsed. Literally, I mean, down to the players and draft picks.

I do think Ingram walking out on the Chiefs a couple weeks back suggests you're going to have trouble with squaring that circle, financially.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:21 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So hopes and dreams.
I am in fact hoping that Fisher will be at least 90% by January.

But I think that's reasonable.

I assume you agree with me that Okung would be a good stopgap LT. What are the odds he makes it to January, do you think?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:21 AM 04-01-2021
I don't accept that as anything but a very remote possibility.

The Chiefs were talking about him being good to go for Week One. I consider that unlikely, but he's almost certainly good to go for January 2022.
based on what, but your emotional gut reaction?

This is my point exactly.

Your takes on all of these situations are entirely just emotional and not based on any logic at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:21 AM 04-01-2021
I am in fact hoping that Fisher will be at least 90% by January.

But I think that's reasonable.

I assume you agree with me that Okung would be a good stopgap LT. What are the odds he makes it to January, do you think?
60-70% which is why I’m drafting a LT in the first two rounds and getting him ready for Week 8 or after.
[Reply]
O.city 10:22 AM 04-01-2021
Fisher isn't coming back.

Zero chance.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:22 AM 04-01-2021
That's a pretty good plan on paper, and one in which I've explicitly endorsed. Literally, I mean, down to the players and draft picks.

I do think Ingram walking out on the Chiefs a couple weeks back suggests you're going to have trouble with squaring that circle, financially.
I think he's looking to see if he can get more money.

Will he?

There's a reason these guys are still out there; the money being offered isn't what they thought it would be. And it wasn't a couple of weeks back, it was literally LAST week. This is also my point-you're having emotional reactions that are clouding your judgement.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:23 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They. Can. Still. Circle. Back. To. Fisher.

Nothing has changed. They still need a day 1 LT either way. Cutting Fisher at least allowed them to go after Williams and sign guys like Thuney and Reed.
First of all, it's likely the Chiefs have told Fisher he's not going to be a Chief, which is why he posted his IG message.

But even aside from that, something has changed. We had exclusive control of him. Now we don't: we have already banked once this offseason that we can outbid all comers for a LT, and it didn't work out. It's not unthinkable that could happen again. 31 other teams have access to him now.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:24 AM 04-01-2021
based on what, but your emotional gut reaction?
Brett Veach.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:25 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
60-70% which is why I’m drafting a LT in the first two rounds and getting him ready for Week 8 or after.
Reasonable.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:26 AM 04-01-2021
I think he's looking to see if he can get more money.

Will he?
Who knows.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:34 AM 04-01-2021
First of all, it's likely the Chiefs have told Fisher he's not going to be a Chief, which is why he posted his IG message.

But even aside from that, something has changed. We had exclusive control of him. Now we don't: we have already banked once this offseason that we can outbid all comers for a LT, and it didn't work out. It's not unthinkable that could happen again. 31 other teams have access to him now.
Bringing Fisher back mid-season is probably plan C. Nobody's going to go into a bidding war for a guy in a cast that may or may not be able to play in 2021.

And as for trusting what Veach has said about it-yeah, he said it and then cut Fisher and Schwartz a couple of days later. He's not going to tip his hand. Why would he?

Plan A for LT is almost certainly to sign a veteran stop-gap for day one and draft a LT somewhere in those first 3 rounds. It's a deep draft for that position, and that's a perfectly reasonable spot to be in for September.

Plan A for DE is almost certainly the same; sign a vet to man it day one, draft a guy with some upside to develop. Also a perfectly reasonable place to be.

Plan A for WR is more than likely going to be a late cap cut and to draft a couple of guys to develop. If we're taking Veach as his word, he said as much in February. That's also not a terrible place to be; we went all of 2020 with mostly Drob/Pringle/Hardman and went 14-1 and won a couple of play-off games that way.

Year two of CEH with an actual camp should get him more involved in the entire offense and utilize his receiving abilities. An actual camp should help Hardman, too.

The vastly improved interior OL is going to pay dividends in multiple facets.

It's April 1st.

I'm curious as to what the plans are, but I'm not worried. Veach has shown he's aggressive and I'm sure things will look fine September first.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:40 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Direction is the worst football evaluator on this board. Holy shit, what awful takes. To think he acts like some draft and football expert :-) Just simply a case of someone not understanding a damn thing about what they are watching
shhhh....don't spoil it
[Reply]
O.city 10:47 AM 04-01-2021
Bringing Fisher back mid-season is probably plan C. Nobody's going to go into a bidding war for a guy in a cast that may or may not be able to play in 2021.

And as for trusting what Veach has said about it-yeah, he said it and then cut Fisher and Schwartz a couple of days later. He's not going to tip his hand. Why would he?

Plan A for LT is almost certainly to sign a veteran stop-gap for day one and draft a LT somewhere in those first 3 rounds. It's a deep draft for that position, and that's a perfectly reasonable spot to be in for September.

Plan A for DE is almost certainly the same; sign a vet to man it day one, draft a guy with some upside to develop. Also a perfectly reasonable place to be.

Plan A for WR is more than likely going to be a late cap cut and to draft a couple of guys to develop. If we're taking Veach as his word, he said as much in February. That's also not a terrible place to be; we went all of 2020 with mostly Drob/Pringle/Hardman and went 14-1 and won a couple of play-off games that way.

Year two of CEH with an actual camp should get him more involved in the entire offense and utilize his receiving abilities. An actual camp should help Hardman, too.

The vastly improved interior OL is going to pay dividends in multiple facets.

It's April 1st.

I'm curious as to what the plans are, but I'm not worried. Veach has shown he's aggressive and I'm sure things will look fine September first.
It's early. For sure.

But it's not hard to read the tea leaves to see that there aren't really any options left out there atleast ones we know about.

FA for a LT is pretty sparse and the draft puts is in a tough spot to get one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 04-01-2021
Go Chiefs.
Hey at least you can always fall back on the "homer defense".

Nevermind that you've been presented plenty of information and evidence.

But yeah, they're just being homers. You're the only realist here.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up