ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I think Fisher is coming back
HemiEd 08:30 PM 03-31-2021
It just seems to be lining up where the Chiefs are planning on it to me.

His injury against Buffalo in the AFCCG was sudden and sad.

Bart Verch said he planned on him coming back in August.

Then he is suddenly cut/released.

A complete new OL minus a LT.

Yeah, I know about the draft, but it just seems to be stacking up for Fisher's return to me.

Discuss
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:29 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Yo, dude. C'mon now. It's absolutely been trivialized.

Reed doesn't solve the problem that we do not have a starter at DE.

I'm saying entering the current hole at DE2 is a BIG problem. It is a big problem.

Bro, c'mon. I can do the thing I just did with DE over and over again.

These holes are being trivialized. These holes are massive on the roster and we're three weeks away from having to try to plug them with the draft, somehow -- or more likely, sign street free agents in June.

We shouldn't ignore the fact that it is possible Veach is doing a poor job this offseason. His offseason in 2018 was catastrophic, and we're paying for it now. He is capable of a stinker.
what part of each post you quoted there is 'trivializing' the positions? They literally each say WE'RE NOT DONE ADDING GUYS YET. You're delusional.
[Reply]
O.city 09:31 AM 04-01-2021
The problem is you can only get what is available to you. I'm a pro trading and wheeling and dealing as anyone, but I don't see alot of teams willing to part with a LT or DE via trade.

And unless you wanna go with one of the free agents left on the market at DE, there's just not alot out there.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:31 AM 04-01-2021
The options we have now are worse than the options we had when free agency opened. (Edit: or when we had Fisher on the roster.)

So, yes. We will probably plug rookies or street FAs into LT, DE, and WR. We will probably do that. And we'll win 12 games because Mahomes is Superman. But we're going to face the Bucs in LVI, and get ready.

Because filling those holes in the draft and June is generally not a recipe for Super Bowl success.
:-)
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:34 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
what part of each post you quoted there is 'trivializing' the positions? They literally each say WE'RE NOT DONE ADDING GUYS YET. You're delusional.
Then why are the posts arguing with me?

I know we're not done yet. But we are getting further and further tucked behind the 8 ball as time goes on to address those positions.

The draft cannot answer LT, DE, and WR2. Not for 2021. Which means we're going to have to plug at LEAST two of those slots with street FAs, and the options at this point seem either unaffordable or inadequate for taking Brady down in February.

This idea that Veach is in possession of some secret flow chart that will somehow make this roster 2019 2.0 is, I fear, delusional. Our roster is thin, as are our options to flesh it out.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:34 AM 04-01-2021
They won that game as much as we lost it. Come on now. They played very well.

They hooked the GOAT in the offseason, who brought in his goon squad with him. They nailed the draft, too.
Don't forget the part about the Goat bringing his officials to the SB too.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:36 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Don't forget the part about the Goat bringing his officials to the SB too.
You're going to give me PTSD.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:37 AM 04-01-2021
The options we have now are worse than the options we had when free agency opened. (Edit: or when we had Fisher on the roster.)

So, yes. We will probably plug rookies or street FAs into LT, DE, and WR. We will probably do that. And we'll win 12 games because Mahomes is Superman. But we're going to face the Bucs in LVI, and get ready.

Because filling those holes in the draft and June is generally not a recipe for Super Bowl success.
What options are worse?

For instance, what team has signed Eric Fisher? Nobody, because he's rehabbing a torn achilles. The ONLY clear upgrade available was Williams. There are a few lateral moves available in FA, and guess what? They're still available. AND there's always still a possibility that Fisher returns. There's a ZERO percent chance they don't do SOMETHING to address LT. There's a ZERO percent chance they do NOTHING at DE. There's a ZERO percent chance they don't do SOMETHING at WR.

And filling holes in the draft and June is not a recipe for Super Bowl success? Really? SHOW ME. You really think that signing ALL of the top free agents is the way to build and sustain success? It'd have to be all of them too, because we literally took 2/3 that we went for.

You're arguing bullshit inside circles of more bullshit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:37 AM 04-01-2021
HE'S BACK!

HE'S BACK!https://t.co/UjIT7bZd13

— Joe Delaney Memorial Highway Project (@ClayWendler) April 1, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:41 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
HE'S BACK!

You’re dumb.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:43 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
HE'S BACK!

:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:44 AM 04-01-2021

I know we're not done yet. But we are getting further and further tucked behind the 8 ball as time goes on to address those positions.
except that we're really not. The market has not moved on any of our areas of need in over a week, maybe two now.

Unless you wanted to throw a ton of cash to a #3 receiver, (and that's what any FA receiver is that comes to KC-it's part of why the bigger name guys took one year deals and stayed put) then we're absolutely NOT any worse off today than we were two weeks ago when free agency started. Other than Williams, nothing has changed for any player that moves the needle for us.

Okung or Villanueva-still available. Clowney or Ingram-still available.

Just as examples. Still trades possible. Still cap casualties coming. Still a draft on the way, and one we should have an advantage in, with our stable front office, scouting department, and coaching staff all in place.

We haven't LOST OUT on fucking anyone other than Williams.

You've lost your mind.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:50 AM 04-01-2021

The draft cannot answer LT, DE, and WR2. Not for 2021. Which means we're going to have to plug at LEAST two of those slots with street FAs, and the options at this point seem either unaffordable or inadequate for taking Brady down in February.

This idea that Veach is in possession of some secret flow chart that will somehow make this roster 2019 2.0 is, I fear, delusional. Our roster is thin, as are our options to flesh it out.
So what you're saying is, Super Bowl teams are built between March 15th and April 1st.

And you can't fill out your roster after that.

that's idiotic.

And Veach absolutely has several irons in the fire and contingency plans galore that he's not telling any of us about because why the fuck would he? You're being totally ridiculous when you've SEEN how aggressive Veach is. You've got 3 years now of watching it. And yet, you really think he's just sitting on his hands while the Titanic is sinking. Which it's not, and he's not, and you're being ridiculous.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:51 AM 04-01-2021
What options are worse?

For instance, what team has signed Eric Fisher? Nobody, because he's rehabbing a torn achilles. The ONLY clear upgrade available was Williams. There are a few lateral moves available in FA, and guess what? They're still available. AND there's always still a possibility that Fisher returns. There's a ZERO percent chance they don't do SOMETHING to address LT. There's a ZERO percent chance they do NOTHING at DE. There's a ZERO percent chance they don't do SOMETHING at WR.
Disagree. The best option was keeping Fisher on the roster and letting him rehab so he's playable by January. We did a version of that the year we won the Super Bowl. January and February is all that matters. Mahomes alone gets you to 12 wins August through December.

If you've decided that that's unacceptable, Reiff was a Fisher-caliber player available at a fantastic price.

We had more choices then than we do now. And because the available LT options are either inadequate (Villanueva) or too expensive/frail (Okung/Peters), we are marching into a draft where we're likely going to have to draft our starting LT with our 1st, and maybe even trade up for it.

Which takes away our ability to commit that 1st to a DE who can make an impact in 2021, or a WR who can beat man coverage reliably in February, or a further body up our back seven. etc etc

I do agree we're arguing in circles, because there's only so many ways I can say the same thing. Depending on the draft to plug your most important holes for the upcoming season is not the most reliable course of action, nor are hoping the right June cuts fall into your lap for the veteran minimum. But that is exactly where we are.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:52 AM 04-01-2021
So what you're saying is, Super Bowl teams are built between March 15th and April 1st.

And you can't fill out your roster after that.
Swing and a miss.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:54 AM 04-01-2021
Chris,

In your mind, and understanding that we are both armchair GMing at this point, how would you plug our roster holes at this time, if we gave you the keys to the Kingdom?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up