ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I think Fisher is coming back
HemiEd 08:30 PM 03-31-2021
It just seems to be lining up where the Chiefs are planning on it to me.

His injury against Buffalo in the AFCCG was sudden and sad.

Bart Verch said he planned on him coming back in August.

Then he is suddenly cut/released.

A complete new OL minus a LT.

Yeah, I know about the draft, but it just seems to be stacking up for Fisher's return to me.

Discuss
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:09 AM 04-01-2021
Find me a team that has 8 pass rushers and I’ll show you a team that sucks against the run.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:12 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
No, let’s start with your statement of “we need 8 pass rushers”. Find me a team in the league that meets your requirements.
I think that's a really good point, I do. But we're not where we need to be, passrush wise.

Not yet, anyway.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:12 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think that's a really good point, I do. But we're not where we need to be, passrush wise.

Not yet, anyway.
:-)
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:12 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
IT'S APRIL ****ING FIRST DUDE.
Well I can hardly argue with that.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:13 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
The Bucs won the Super Bowl because Fish tore his Achilles and Britt Reid is a dumbass, and the refs called the game differently for each team on defense.
^this^ with an added FYP
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:14 AM 04-01-2021
Well, let's start at the ground floor.

Name me 8 players on this team that can rush the passer at all.

Clark
Jones
Reed
Taco
Wharton
Danna

I think including Danna in that list is generous at this point in his career, but I set the bar low here.
I'm still waiting for you to show me The Bucs 8 great pass rushers. Or the Rams 8 great pass rushers, surely they have 8 really good ones right? Best defense in football, and by your own count you NEED to have 8 and The Chiefs only have 5, maybe 6.

Or I tell you what, you show me any team, any NFL team at all that has 8.

And let me tell you-don't be coming back here with guys with one sack and say that's evidence, in that case you have to add like Honey Badger and Sneed to our list, which would put us at...8. So keep it to 4-3 DL or 3-4 DL and OLB'ers. Make it straight up. Now show me your teams with 8 that we NEED to be like.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:15 AM 04-01-2021
I'm still waiting for you to show me The Bucs 8 great pass rushers. Or the Rams 8 great pass rushers, surely they have 8 really good ones right? Best defense in football, and by your own count you NEED to have 8 and The Chiefs only have 5, maybe 6.

Or I tell you what, you show me any team, any NFL team at all that has 8.

And let me tell you-don't be coming back here with guys with one sack and say that's evidence, in that case you have to add like Honey Badger and Sneed to our list, which would put us at...8. So keep it to 4-3 DL or 3-4 DL and OLB'ers. Make it straight up. Now show me your teams with 8 that we NEED to be like.

Not yet, anyway.
Go Chiefs.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:15 AM 04-01-2021

Not yet, anyway.
So there isn’t a team that has 8 pass rushers. You’re lobbying for something that NO OTHER TEAM HAS.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:15 AM 04-01-2021
Well I can hardly argue with that.
And yet...
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:17 AM 04-01-2021
So there isn’t a team that has 8 pass rushers. You’re lobbying for something that NO OTHER TEAM HAS.
I ... am. Yes.

I'm lobbying first of all, for something almost every team has, which is two starting caliber DEs.

But yes, I'm lobbying for a small army of passrushers across our DL. Because we're going to need one to beat the Bucs in February. And to win several more Super Bowls in Mahomes' career.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:17 AM 04-01-2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:19 AM 04-01-2021
I ... am. Yes.

I'm lobbying first of all, for something almost every team has, which is two starting caliber DEs.

But yes, I'm lobbying for a small army of passrushers across our DL. Because we're going to need one to beat the Bucs in February. And to win several more Super Bowls in Mahomes' career.
And yet no one here has argued to ignore the DE2 position. No one has argued to ignore the WR2 position. No one has argued to ignore the LT position.

It’s April 1st and we haven’t even finished FA yet.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:22 AM 04-01-2021
I ... am. Yes.

And claiming disaster on April 1st is ridiculous.

What you're saying is illogical, knee-jerk emotional overreacting.

It's April fucking first.

There is ZERO chance the need areas are not addressed before September.

And guess what? No team is totally set at every position with proven top flight talent. That's just not how it works. But what about Brett Veach tells you that he's going to look at gaping holes in the line-up and just shrug his shoulders and go golfing?

You said you think you NEED 8 PASSRUSHERS. Then you can't find me a single team that has 8 PASSRUSHERS. So by your own admission, you're not being logical or arguing in good faith.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:26 AM 04-01-2021
And yet no one here has argued to ignore the DE2 position.
Yo, dude. C'mon now. It's absolutely been trivialized.

Originally Posted by :
The need at DE has also been softened with the signing of Reed. It’s also entirely possible that the Chiefs aren’t done there and will sign Ingram or somebody else.
Originally Posted by :
We are no worse off at DE than we were last year. I’d argue that there’s more upside with Danna/Taco than Kpass/Okafor as well. They aren’t done signing guys either. They could just as easily sign a guy like Ingram or draft one early.

Also, why is DE a need? Pass rush. What will Jarran Reed help out tremendously with playing next to Jones and Clark? Pass rush. We have 3 guys capable of double digit sacks. How much better do you think it gets?
Originally Posted by :
2. Danna and Taco are no worse than Okafor and KPass. They absolutely have more upside. Like I said, they aren’t done there and are clearly looking at free agents. Did the Chiefs pass rush not already improve with the addition of Reed? You mean to tell me the loss of Kpass and Okafor offsets adding a guy like Reed to the interior?
Reed doesn't solve the problem that we do not have a starter at DE.

I'm saying the current hole at DE2 is a BIG problem. It is a big problem.

No one has argued to ignore the WR2 position. No one has argued to ignore the LT position.
Bro, c'mon. I can do the thing I just did with DE over and over again.

These holes are being trivialized. These holes are massive on the roster and we're three weeks away from having to try to plug them with the draft, somehow -- or more likely, sign street free agents in June.

We shouldn't ignore the fact that it is possible Veach is doing a poor job this offseason. His offseason in 2018 was catastrophic, and we're paying for it now. He is capable of a stinker.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:28 AM 04-01-2021
There is ZERO chance the need areas are not addressed before September.
The options we have now are worse than the options we had when free agency opened. (Edit: or when we had Fisher on the roster.)

So, yes. We will probably plug rookies or street FAs into LT, DE, and WR. We will probably do that. And we'll win 12 games because Mahomes is Superman. But we're going to face the Bucs in LVI, and get ready.

Because filling those holes in the draft and June is generally not a recipe for Super Bowl success.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up