ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I think Fisher is coming back
HemiEd 08:30 PM 03-31-2021
It just seems to be lining up where the Chiefs are planning on it to me.

His injury against Buffalo in the AFCCG was sudden and sad.

Bart Verch said he planned on him coming back in August.

Then he is suddenly cut/released.

A complete new OL minus a LT.

Yeah, I know about the draft, but it just seems to be stacking up for Fisher's return to me.

Discuss
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:51 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I have some agreement and mild disagreements with this post, but the DE paragraph is just... not a great look.

You don't solve the DE problem with a DT. I am of the belief you need 8 passrushers and Reed, by my count, gets us to 5.

And I'm not remotely optimistic about bopping Chris Jones out to DE. And I'm not sure why you are. Taking on tackles negates most of Jones' strengths, and he's shown us in 2020 that he has absolutely no idea how to play the run at DE.
yeah man, I tell you what-if you think we need 8 stud pass rushers you're right, this is a disaster. Just like 31 other teams, because NOBODY has 8 stud pass rushers. Nobody. Nada. You want to talk about a bad look? That's just silly.

Louis Riddick has indicated that The Chiefs intend to be able to utilize Jones outside some. I don't think that means he's your starting DE. Spags likes to move guys around and show different looks. Don't get it twisted.

Danna gave us some quality snaps as a rookie. Charlton gave us some flashes before injury. Do we need to get better? Well yeah. It's APRIL 1ST. What big FA DE signing have we missed out on? Did we not draft one? Oh that's right, the draft is in what, 3 weeks?

The way I see it is this: We've taken 3 swings on difference makers in free agency. We got two of 'em. What the hell do you want?
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:52 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Give me a team that has 8 legitimate pass rushers.
Well, let's start at the ground floor.

Name me 8 players on this team that can rush the passer at all.

Clark
Jones
Reed
Taco
Wharton
Danna

I think including Danna in that list is generous at this point in his career, but I set the bar low here.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:54 AM 04-01-2021
“You need 8 pass rushers”

:-) :-) :-)

What a fucking moron.

The offseason is a disaster because the Chiefs still only have 2 top 5 receivers, only 5 pass rushers, and they cut Fisher and went after Williams!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:54 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd agree with him on the DE thing just in that I would like to have another rushing DE so we could play Reed and Jones together in the middle.
Of course. That's nothing anyone in their right minds would disagree with.

I think we're one plus player at DE away from an absolutely dominant front four.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:56 AM 04-01-2021

Clark
Jones
Reed
Taco
Wharton
Danna

I think including Danna in that list is generous at this point in his career, but I set the bar low here.
Cool, now do the Bucs.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Of course. That's nothing anyone in their right minds would disagree with.

I think we're one plus player at DE away from an absolutely dominant front four.
I like having a few DE's but those Giants teams that Spags really rolled with had so many dudes up there that were just versatile that could move around.

I like that.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:58 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah man, I tell you what-if you think we need 8 stud pass rushers you're right, this is a disaster. Just like 31 other teams, because NOBODY has 8 stud pass rushers. Nobody. Nada. You want to talk about a bad look? That's just silly.

Louis Riddick has indicated that The Chiefs intend to be able to utilize Jones outside some. I don't think that means he's your starting DE. Spags likes to move guys around and show different looks. Don't get it twisted.

Danna gave us some quality snaps as a rookie. Charlton gave us some flashes before injury. Do we need to get better? Well yeah. It's APRIL 1ST. What big FA DE signing have we missed out on? Did we not draft one? Oh that's right, the draft is in what, 3 weeks?

The way I see it is this: We've taken 3 swings on difference makers in free agency. We got two of 'em. What the hell do you want?
I want our three biggest needs filled.

I'm telling you, Jones was as lost as you can be playing end. His passrush advantages are largely negated against tackles, and he has absolutely no idea how to play the run on the edge. I'm a huge Jones fan but he's just a dude you unleash at the 1 tech and let him ruin things. He makes no sense at edge.

But it may seriously be our best option at this point, somehow. Because unless the team finds capspace for a stopgap LT, we're going to have to commit our 1st round pick, and maybe additional picks in a trade-up, for a rookie LT. Which means you're hunting for a starting DE, at best, in the 2nd round. And this draft, as you probably know, has almost zero DEs ready to start. They're all developmental guys this year, outside of Paye and Phillips.

Anyway, Danna looks like a solid rotational piece and of course I'm a Taco fan.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:59 AM 04-01-2021

Clark
Jones
Reed
Taco
Wharton
Danna

No, let’s start with your statement of “we need 8 pass rushers”. Find me a team in the league that meets your requirements.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:00 AM 04-01-2021
I want our three biggest needs filled.

I'm telling you, Jones was as lost as you can be playing end. His passrush advantages are largely negated against tackles, and he has absolutely no idea how to play the run on the edge. I'm a huge Jones fan but he's just a dude you unleash at the 1 tech and let him ruin things. He makes no sense at edge.

But it may seriously be our best option at this point, somehow. Because unless the team finds capspace for a stopgap LT, we're going to have to commit our 1st round pick, and maybe additional picks in a trade-up, for a rookie LT. Which means you're hunting for a starting DE, at best, in the 2nd round. And this draft, as you probably know, has almost zero DEs ready to start. They're all developmental guys this year, outside of Paye and Phillips.

Anyway, Danna looks like a solid rotational piece and of course I'm a Taco fan.
IT'S APRIL FUCKING FIRST DUDE.
[Reply]
Fish 09:00 AM 04-01-2021
Meh.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:01 AM 04-01-2021
No, let’s start with your statement of “we need 8 pass rushers”. Find me a team in the league that meets your requirements.
He can’t, which is why he dodged the question.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:01 AM 04-01-2021
I guess he didn't want to do the Bucs.

How about the #1 defense in football? Do the Rams. Show me their 8.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:02 AM 04-01-2021
Yeah I’m not content with Jones at DE. And I don’t think Veach is either or he wouldn’t have brought in Ingram.

We’re going to draft a DE early. Spags always wants a loaded stable on the DL
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:03 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah I’m not content with Jones at DE. And I don’t think Veach is either or he wouldn’t have brought in Ingram.

We’re going to draft a DE early. Spags always wants a loaded stable on the DL
NOBODY IS CONTENT. IT'S FUCKING APRIL 1ST.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:06 AM 04-01-2021
EIGHT pass rushers and more than TWO TOP FIVE RECEIVERS Jesus fuck, is your entire football evaluation based of a Madden '12 chise?

Not even I would bitch about that...
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up