ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I think Fisher is coming back
HemiEd 08:30 PM 03-31-2021
It just seems to be lining up where the Chiefs are planning on it to me.

His injury against Buffalo in the AFCCG was sudden and sad.

Bart Verch said he planned on him coming back in August.

Then he is suddenly cut/released.

A complete new OL minus a LT.

Yeah, I know about the draft, but it just seems to be stacking up for Fisher's return to me.

Discuss
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:23 AM 04-01-2021
Fuck, Staylor stop entertaining these "The sky is falling" dumbasses. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:56 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I feel like its an Ace up the sleeve move for Veach.

Probably already had a conversation with Fish about it and see where the off season takes us.

If we dont end up needing him he will likely land somewhere else after injuries happen but the Chiefs have first right of refusal.

Just a gut thought, nothing else.

PS. Based on the love the Chiefs have for Fish and the love he has for the team.
I agree, this is how I see it
[Reply]
Kman34 07:12 AM 04-01-2021
I think mullets are coming back too.. Doesn’t mean I’m right...
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:34 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
calling this offseason a disaster on the first of April because you don't understand the plan is stupid.

We've signed two HUGE free agents.

Yes there are still holes. Do you really think Veach and Reid aren't aware?

Silly season on Chiefsplanet.
I actually posted a positive perspective on the Chiefs offseason a few days in. But that positivity was contingent on several things happening that... simply haven't happened.

I know it's en vogue on football websites to say that Super Bowls aren't won in free agency.

But they are. Super Bowls are won in free agency.

We won our Super Bowl by trading for Clark and signing Badger, which pushed us over the top.

The Bucs won theirs by having one of the Top 3 free agency offseasons in NFL history.

Great, Super Bowl caliber NFL seasons almost always follow great offseasons. (Edit: I actually think our offseason in 2020 was outstanding, from free agency, cap management, the draft, and our incredible UDFA haul.)

We've got a ways to go. Because I don't think any of us would have marked down "failing to address three massive roster concerns, as well as several other minor ones" up to this point as anything other than a disappointment.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:42 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I actually posted a positive perspective on the Chiefs offseason a few days in. But that positivity was contingent on several things happening that... simply haven't happened.

I know it's en vogue on football websites to say that Super Bowls aren't won in free agency.

We won our Super Bowl by trading for Clark and signing Badger, which pushed us over the top.

The Bucs won theirs by having one of the Top 3 free agency offseasons in NFL history.

Great, Super Bowl caliber NFL seasons almost always follow great offseasons. (Edit: I actually think our offseason in 2020 was outstanding, from free agency, cap management, the draft, and our incredible UDFA haul.)

We've got a ways to go. Because I don't think any of us would have marked down "failing to address three massive roster concerns, as well as several other minor ones" up to this point as anything other than a disappointment.
The Bucs won the Super Bowl because Fish tore his Achilles and Britt Reid is a dumbass.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:55 AM 04-01-2021

YET. It's April 1st. It's ridiculous to declare this offseason a disaster on APRIL 1ST.

There is still a lot of FA to go, there will be a draft in a few weeks, UDFA after that, June 1st cuts, trades etc., to go.

Thuney, Long, and Blythe improves 60% of our offensive line in a dramatic way. Jarrad Reed makes our front four vastly better.

Judging things a disaster on April 1st is knee-jerk reactionary bullshit. It just is.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:59 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
The Bucs won the Super Bowl because Fish tore his Achilles and Britt Reid is a dumbass.
They won that game as much as we lost it. Come on now. They played very well.

They hooked the GOAT in the offseason, who brought in his goon squad with him. They nailed the draft, too.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:03 AM 04-01-2021
YET. It's April 1st. It's ridiculous to declare this offseason a disaster on APRIL 1ST.

There is still a lot of FA to go, there will be a draft in a few weeks, UDFA after that, June 1st cuts, trades etc., to go.

Thuney, Long, and Blythe improves 60% of our offensive line in a dramatic way. Jarrad Reed makes our front four vastly better.

Judging things a disaster on April 1st is knee-jerk reactionary bullshit. It just is.
Yeah, "yet." I do think that's a fair qualifier. But at this point, find me a better way to describe an offseason where we have three huge holes, and don't fill any of them in FA.

But I don't think we have much more FA to go, honestly, unless they finally get that Badger extension done. They're going to need 6m for the draft, and 6m for in-season signings, like Veach always likes to have.

Veach needs to have the best draft of his career, rather than the shaky drafts he's had so far. And he's going to have to absolutely destroy UDFA this year, like he did last year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:19 AM 04-01-2021
Yeah, "yet." I do think that's a fair qualifier. But at this point, find me a better way to describe an offseason where we have three huge holes, and don't fill any of them in FA.
The ONE bonafide stud LT available was Williams, and we took a BIG swing.

But there are still lateral moves in FA, and there's still the draft, and there's still the possibility of trades.

We took some swings on WR, but mostly guys went back to their 2020 teams on one year deals rather than come to KC, learn a complicated offense, and be option #3 while trying to get paid next year. I don't know what you're supposed to do about that. And yet, it's April 1.

As for DE, signing Reed improves the pass rush by a LOT, and also allows Jones flexibility to pop outside on early downs, which improves your run defense. And there are still guys out there like Ingram and Clowney, who are better than anything we've had at that end in awhile and there's the draft, and June 1 cuts, and assuming we're just going to stand pat and roll with Charlton and Danna ignores Veach's typically aggressive tendencies entirely.

You've said yourself- Veach getting Mathieu and Clark was HUGE. The 2020 offseason was HUGE. And yet, you're ready to call this offseason a disaster...why? Because we got outbid for Williams? It's literally the only swing and miss so far that would've moved any needle.

*and I have zero doubt we'll get the Honey Badger extension done. He's a guy we want to be here, he wants to be here, it'll get done.
[Reply]
Fish 08:34 AM 04-01-2021

[Reply]
Direckshun 08:39 AM 04-01-2021
The ONE bonafide stud LT available was Williams, and we took a BIG swing.

But there are still lateral moves in FA, and there's still the draft, and there's still the possibility of trades.

We took some swings on WR, but mostly guys went back to their 2020 teams on one year deals rather than come to KC, learn a complicated offense, and be option #3 while trying to get paid next year. I don't know what you're supposed to do about that. And yet, it's April 1.

As for DE, signing Reed improves the pass rush by a LOT, and also allows Jones flexibility to pop outside on early downs, which improves your run defense. And there are still guys out there like Ingram and Clowney, who are better than anything we've had at that end in awhile and there's the draft, and June 1 cuts, and assuming we're just going to stand pat and roll with Charlton and Danna ignores Veach's typically aggressive tendencies entirely.

You've said yourself- Veach getting Mathieu and Clark was HUGE. The 2020 offseason was HUGE. And yet, you're ready to call this offseason a disaster...why? Because we got outbid for Williams? It's literally the only swing and miss so far that would've moved any needle.

*and I have zero doubt we'll get the Honey Badger extension done. He's a guy we want to be here, he wants to be here, it'll get done.
I have some agreement and mild disagreements with this post, but the DE paragraph is just... not a great look.

You don't solve the DE problem with a DT. I am of the belief you need 8 passrushers and Reed, by my count, gets us to 5.

And I'm not remotely optimistic about bopping Chris Jones out to DE. And I'm not sure why you are. Taking on tackles negates most of Jones' strengths, and he's shown us in 2020 that he has absolutely no idea how to play the run at DE.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:40 AM 04-01-2021
Direction is the worst football evaluator on this board. Holy shit, what awful takes. To think he acts like some draft and football expert :-) Just simply a case of someone not understanding a damn thing about what they are watching
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:44 AM 04-01-2021
I have some agreement and mild disagreements with this post, but the DE paragraph is just... not a great look.

You don't solve the DE problem with a DT. I am of the belief you need 8 passrushers and Reed, by my count, gets us to 5.

And I'm not remotely optimistic about bopping Chris Jones out to DE. And I'm not sure why you are. Taking on tackles negates most of Jones' strengths, and he's shown us in 2020 that he has absolutely no idea how to play the run at DE.
Give me a team that has 8 legitimate pass rushers.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:49 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Give me a team that has 8 legitimate pass rushers.
I missed that the first time :-) wow, what a loon. 8 pass rushers :-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 04-01-2021
I'd agree with him on the DE thing just in that I would like to have another rushing DE so we could play Reed and Jones together in the middle.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up