ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I think Fisher is coming back
HemiEd 08:30 PM 03-31-2021
It just seems to be lining up where the Chiefs are planning on it to me.

His injury against Buffalo in the AFCCG was sudden and sad.

Bart Verch said he planned on him coming back in August.

Then he is suddenly cut/released.

A complete new OL minus a LT.

Yeah, I know about the draft, but it just seems to be stacking up for Fisher's return to me.

Discuss
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:41 PM 03-31-2021
He should be ready by Super Bowl LVI.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:47 PM 03-31-2021
Who the fuck is playing LT Week one then? Because it isn’t Fisher.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:48 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
We wasted the first three days of FA I’m suspended animation because our intel was wrong on Trent Williams.

Which was problematic to begin with: our actual offseason plan involves dumping a LT we literally went 26-1 with in order to try to outbid a half dozen other teams on the hottest free agent in the NFL — which we misjudged anyway.

We dropped the largest guard contract in league history for a really great guard. And we entered the offseason with gigantic holes at LT, WR, and DE. And we’re pretty much going to end up there.

It’s hard to imagine the long term ramifications of how dogshit this offseason has been. We cannot resteucture Mahomes, Kelce, or Jones every offseason. And we did it this year for mild returns at best.

And 2022 is going to be extraordinarily rough, as well. We had some tough holes to fill this offseason, and we failed to fill any of them, unless Veach has the best draft of his GM career. 2022 will offer more cap space, and somehow even more holes.
JFC you’re an idiot.

How do you even manage to breathe?

The Chiefs had no choice in the matter with Fisher. They cut him because they can’t rely on him. The injury and the timing forced their hand. They used that money to get the best G in free agency on a deal that will look like peanuts by the time Nelson gets his extension and the cap explodes. Then they went after the best LT and gave it their best shot.

How the fuck was our “intel” wrong on Williams? Even Williams said he thought he was going to be a Chief at one point. This is revisionist history made up bullshit based on the outcome.

They got significantly better on the interior, they brought back a guy that was above average at RT last year, and they have a 3rd round pick from last year coming in that has legitimate 1st round talent. Aside from LT, the rest of the line is fine. LT was always going to be a question mark whether they didn’t cut Fisher or go after Williams.

They were patient and didn’t panic after missing on Williams, which led to them signing Jarran Reed, which will probably give us the best interior duo in the league defensively.

We also got a VERY cheap above average starting C in Blythe that should help out tremendously in the running game.

The Chiefs essentially have 2 of the top 5 WR’s in the league. The need for a WR is incredibly exaggerated because of the SB loss. If the OL is even above average Kelce and Hill do their thing like they did all season and this isn’t such an overblown need.

Yes, we absolutely need to add young talent at the position, but I’m almost certain they do that in the early rounds where they should be. This team needs to draft and develop WR’s every year. End of story. Free agency was nice when Pat was on a rookie deal. Other than the occasional 1 year deals, that’s over.

The need at DE has also been softened with the signing of Reed. It’s also entirely possible that the Chiefs aren’t done there and will sign Ingram or somebody else.

It couldn’t be more obvious that LT will eventually be addressed, but it also will be aided by the addition of Thuney. If we’re starting a rookie LT, he will be a godsend.

Get a fucking grip dude. Veach is a million times better at this than you’ll ever be.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:00 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JFC you’re an idiot.

How do you even manage to breathe?
Google, show me the emotional intelligence of a 14 year old mean girl
[Reply]
staylor26 10:07 PM 03-31-2021
Google, show me the emotional intelligence of a 14 year old mean girl
Google, show me guy who’s one of the worst football minds on an internet message board that’s ironically constantly worrying and second guessing arguably the best GM in the NFL
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:12 PM 03-31-2021
Google, show me guy who’s one of the worst football minds on an internet message board that’s ironically constantly worrying and second guessing arguably the best GM in the NFL
Appeals to authority is not only a logical fallacy, it’s also not terribly interesting to me. Your plans still have to make sense. There’s no sense behind entering an offseason with three massive holes and failing (so far) to fill any of them adequately.

God forbid we question the Great Brett Veach, who has been an inconsistent GM for the Chiefs. That mindset simply isn’t interesting to me, but if that’s the “logic” you’re going to fallback on, then just save us both the trouble and copy paste “Veach knows what he’s doing” and save us both the time.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:19 PM 03-31-2021
FA is what it is. Where you can make up ground (or put yourself behind the 8 ball) is through the draft.

2018 was a train wreck.

2019 was solid.

2020 has the makings of being really good.

A good draft class this year is very important IMO.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:24 PM 03-31-2021
Appeals to authority is not only a logical fallacy, it’s also not terribly interesting to me. Your plans still have to make sense. There’s no sense behind entering an offseason with three massive holes and failing (so far) to fill any of them adequately.

God forbid we question the Great Brett Veach, who has been an inconsistent GM for the Chiefs. That mindset simply isn’t interesting to me, but if that’s the “logic” you’re going to fallback on, then just save us both the trouble and copy paste “Veach knows what he’s doing” and save us both the time.
How the fuck is WR a “massive” hole? We essentially have 2 top 5 WR’s. This is why I called you a fucking idiot.

We are no worse off at DE than we were last year. I’d argue that there’s more upside with Danna/Taco than Kpass/Okafor as well. They aren’t done signing guys either. They could just as easily sign a guy like Ingram or draft one early.

Also, why is DE a need? Pass rush. What will Jarran Reed help out tremendously with playing next to Jones and Clark? Pass rush. We have 3 guys capable of double digit sacks. How much better do you think it gets?

The only “massive” hole is at LT, and like I said, it was there regardless of whether the Chiefs didn’t cut Fisher or go after Williams. Both of those aren’t solutions either.

It’s not about appealing to authority. It’s about how cringy it is watching an idiot like you constantly questioning and worrying about the job being done by arguably one of the best in the business.

If you actually made any sense or provided an actual solution when I asked for one, I would’ve respected your argument more, but you didn’t. You couldn’t come off more clueless if you tried in your reasoning of why this offseason was “dogshit” when it’s not even remotely over mind you.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:34 PM 03-31-2021
How the **** is WR a “massive” hole? We essentially have 2 top 5 WR’s. This is why I called you a ****ing idiot.

We are no worse off at DE than we were last year. I’d argue that there’s more upside with Danna/Taco than Kpass/Okafor as well. They aren’t done signing guys either. They could just as easily sign a guy like Ingram or draft one early.

Also, why is DE a need? Pass rush. What will Jarran Reed help out tremendously with playing next to Jones and Clark? Pass rush. We have 3 guys capable of double digit sacks. How much better do you think it gets?

The only “massive” hole is at LT, and like I said, it was there regardless of whether the Chiefs didn’t cut Fisher or go after Williams. Both of those aren’t solutions either.

It’s not about appealing to authority. It’s about how cringy it is watching an idiot like you constantly questioning and worrying about the job being done by arguably one of the best in the business.

If you actually made any sense or provided an actual solution when I asked for one, I would’ve respected your argument more, but you didn’t. You couldn’t come off more clueless if you tried in your reasoning of why this offseason was “dogshit” when it’s not even remotely over mind you.
1. I assumed you’ve watched the All 22 from the Super Bowl? Because Hill and Kelce were blanketed — the Bucs threw the house at them and dared any other receiver to get open. None did. WR2 is a massive hole.

2. Danna and Taco are not full time DEs. They are not starters. We do not have a 2nd starter on the roster, and Frank Clark is cuttable next year. DE2 is a massive hole.

3. The Chiefs themselves said Fisher was on a timetable to return. I don’t think it’s realistic that Fisher would be set to play Week One, but we don’t need him until January. The luxury of Mahomes means Weeks 1-17 are expendable. Cutting him and selling out to *fail* to land Williams is a loss for this team that they’ve yet to rectify. That’s problematic for most teams, but it’s especially ridiculous for the team with the best QB in the league worth 500m. We are essentially selling out for a 1st round LT — let’s just hope their intel is correct on which teams like Eichenberg. Because we’re going to have to give up more precious resources away to trade up for him.

4. When you say things like “Veach is a better GM than you,” it is an appeal to authority, and therefore the least interesting argument on a football discussion board I can imagine.

Edit: Also, compadre, no person on this forum provides more proposed solutions than I do. I post a hundred mock offseasons a year in DraftPlanet, like them or not. Save your breath in complaining I never offer solutions.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:00 PM 03-31-2021
1. Hill and Kelce were “blanketed” because the OL was absolutely awful and allowed them to consistently drop back 7. Mahomes was running for his life the entire game. If that doesn’t happen, the Chiefs obviously have much more success on offense.

It’s still hilarious to call WR a “massive hole” any way you put it when you essentially have 2 top 5 WR’s. Chiefs fans are so fucking spoiled at this point that people like you could call it a “massive hole”.

2. Danna and Taco are no worse than Okafor and KPass. They absolutely have more upside. Like I said, they aren’t done there and are clearly looking at free agents. Did the Chiefs pass rush not already improve with the addition of Reed? You mean to tell me the loss of Kpass and Okafor offsets adding a guy like Reed to the interior?

3. So your solution at LT was simply to not cut Fisher and not go after Williams. Brilliant. The Chiefs still have huge question marks at LT for the short term and long term. So much better. And it’s not like Fisher can’t be brought back worst case scenario, you know, like the point of this thread. You came in here and said this is proof of a “dogshit” offseason, yet your solution is to not cut Fisher? How’s that not dosgshit? That would cost us one of Reed or Thuney possibly too. So you wanted dogshit+?

4. Avian, it’s not about appealing to authority. It’s not that you dare to question Veach. It’s that you’re clearly clueless trying to do so.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:01 PM 03-31-2021
If he still has gas in the tank someone else will offer him something. A top-10 talent is not going to be resting his Achilles on an ottoman once training camp start if can contribute at anything close to his former level.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:30 PM 03-31-2021
1. Hill and Kelce were “blanketed” because the OL was absolutely awful and allowed them to consistently drop back 7. Mahomes was running for his life the entire game. If that doesn’t happen, the Chiefs obviously have much more success on offense.

It’s still hilarious to call WR a “massive hole” any way you put it when you essentially have 2 top 5 WR’s. Chiefs fans are so ****ing spoiled at this point that people like you could call it a “massive hole”.

2. Danna and Taco are no worse than Okafor and KPass. They absolutely have more upside. Like I said, they aren’t done there and are clearly looking at free agents. Did the Chiefs pass rush not already improve with the addition of Reed? You mean to tell me the loss of Kpass and Okafor offsets adding a guy like Reed to the interior?

3. So your solution at LT was simply to not cut Fisher and not go after Williams. Brilliant. The Chiefs still have huge question marks at LT for the short term and long term. So much better. And it’s not like Fisher can’t be brought back worst case scenario, you know, like the point of this thread. You came in here and said this is proof of a “dogshit” offseason, yet your solution is to not cut Fisher? How’s that not dosgshit? That would cost us one of Reed or Thuney possibly too. So you wanted dogshit+?

4. Avian, it’s not about appealing to authority. It’s not that you dare to question Veach. It’s that you’re clearly clueless trying to do so.
1. They were blanketed. The OL was clearly a problem, but watch the tape. Two guys can’t beat 4-5 guys reliably, and nobody else was getting open. We don’t win the Super Bowl LIV without Sammy Watkins roasting single coverage all game. We didn’t have that in SB LV.

2. Kpass and Okafor weren’t enough. Really the passrush hasn’t been what we’ve needed it to be the entire time under Veach, except for Clark going nuclear in the 2019 playoffs.

3. My solution was to keep Fish and play a stopgap solution until he returned. That’s what we did in 2019, after all, and we won the Super Bowl when he returned.

4. If you’re not appealing to authority than stop t with the “Veach is a better GM” nonsense and focus on the merit. You’re wasting our time.
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:55 PM 03-31-2021
it's been publicly stated at least three times that it's possible for a fisher return mid season. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:16 AM 04-01-2021
calling this offseason a disaster on the first of April because you don't understand the plan is stupid.

We've signed two HUGE free agents.

Yes there are still holes. Do you really think Veach and Reid aren't aware?

Silly season on Chiefsplanet.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:17 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Want to believe it, but it would take swallowing a lot of pride to get cut and then come back for way less. Not holding my breath. But you could tell fish and schwartz absolutely love Kansas city so who knows.
You can’t expect to have high demands after a major injury. It’s no guarantee that he ever regains his old form, much less next season. He should be on a short-term prove it deal.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up