ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 80
« First < 23636970717273 74757677 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
vailpass 07:04 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
if you use the red zone channel, it still shows the blacked out games on scores
Thanks. The more I thought about the misguided political bullshit the NFL is pushing on the fans the more I realized I don’t want to contribute to it this year. I cancelled the Ticket.

*Edit* To be honest: It’s a whole lot easier to step away from this season when your team is not coming off a SB win and gunning for another, and when it’s a shell season due to COVID.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:07 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
FYI, those games are "Blacked Out" because of the following reasons:

1. The KC game was broadcast Thursday Night on NBC, so it's not available to watch Live.

2. Cowboys-Rams is the Sunday Night Football game on NBC, so again, it's not available on the app to watch Live.

3. Pittsburgh-NY Giants is the first Monday Night Football game on ESPN

4. Tennessee-Denver is the second Monday Night Football game on ESPN

5. Any games that show "Blacked Out" on the app means they're airing on your local Fox or CBS affiliate.

This has been and will always be the case with Sunday Ticket, as they're not allowed to air games that are being shown locally, nor do they have the rights to air Thursday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday Night football games.

All that said, it's totally and completely worth $79 or $99 per season. The Red Zone and Game Mix channels are worth the price of admission alone, then when you add the fact that you won't miss a single game of your favorite team, it just becomes even more awesome.
Thanks. I’m used to the blackouts, have had the Ticket for several seasons in the past. There are more blackouts now than there used to be, or so it seems. End of day I’m going to skip this season, at least from a subscribe/support standpoint.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:11 PM 09-13-2020
So, I have a daughter in College. What information do you have to give to get the discount?
[Reply]
vailpass 07:14 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Mahomes HYVee commercial on in MPLS. So cool.
Sidetrack: I have a cousin who started as a bag boy with Hy-Vee when he was a young teen. Moved up to manage the Deli. Went through the company sponsored college program, participated in their profit sharing. He retired not too long ago with $3 million in his Hy-Vee account. Good company, good worker, good results.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:15 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
So, I have a daughter in College. What information do you have to give to get the discount?
All I had to give was name of school, student name, student date of birth.

Linky:

https://nflst.directv.com/student
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:29 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I did it over the phone with my brother, but from my understanding, all he needed was a valid Educational email address (.edu), billing info and password.

Your login will be your daughter's email address, then you can create any password that works for you.

Good luck!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:30 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Thanks. I’m used to the blackouts, have had the Ticket for several seasons in the past. There are more blackouts now than there used to be, or so it seems.
There are more blackouts than usual because there are more non-Sunday games the first week of the season. It'll get back to normal next week.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:56 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I did it over the phone with my brother, but from my understanding, all he needed was a valid Educational email address (.edu), billing info and password.

Your login will be your daughter's email address, then you can create any password that works for you.

Good luck!
I didn't even need the email address. Just school, name and birthdate.

They even let me keep the same login credentials from last year, lol.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:23 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I didn't even need the email address. Just school, name and birthdate.

They even let me keep the same login credentials from last year, lol.
Sweet!
[Reply]
tate2133 08:45 PM 09-13-2020
Thanks for being a
DIRECTV customer!
To show our appreciation, we’ve added 2020
NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX to your DIRECTV account—
at no additional charge.

You are now #SundayReady to enjoy the 2020
NFL SUNDAY TICKET season, which is scheduled to start
Sunday, September 13.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:57 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Dammit, logged into my SundayTicketStudent account because I hadn't sen a payment come out yet. Turns out I got booted because my nephew graduated.

Time to find a new .edu address.
Email address doesn't matter. You just need to have name, birthdate and school of someone in college.

Edit: just saw your post
[Reply]
In58men 10:40 AM 04-20-2021
FYI

The NFL and Hulu have reached a multi-year carriage agreement, which will bring the NFL Network and NFL RedZone to Hulu + Live TV by August 1. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
[Reply]
wheeler08 11:36 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
FYI

The NFL and Hulu have reached a multi-year carriage agreement, which will bring the NFL Network and NFL RedZone to Hulu + Live TV by August 1. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Oh hell yes!!!
[Reply]
lewdog 01:34 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
FYI

Great news for me!

Thanks.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:40 PM 04-20-2021
Even better is to use a service such as EternalTV and be able to watch any sporting event you want, even PPV, for $10 a month.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 80
« First < 23636970717273 74757677 > Last »
Up