ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 80
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
mikey23545 02:34 PM 07-25-2015
Damn, just got off the phone with Directv.

I gave them a sob story about not being able to afford Sunday Ticket anymore, and that had been the only reason I had stayed with them for so long. I told him I was just going to look for a cheaper option (Dish, cable, etc).

Next thing you know I've got free Sunday Ticket, $20 a month off of my regular bill, and 4 months of free Showtime...

First damn break I've gotten in quite a while.
[Reply]
Hootie 02:36 PM 07-25-2015
Originally Posted by mikey23545:

I gave them a sob story about not being able to afford Sunday Ticket anymore, and that had been the only reason I had stayed with them for so long. I told him I was just going to look for a cheaper option (Dish, cable, etc).

Next thing you know I've got free Sunday Ticket, $20 a month off of my regular bill, and 4 months of free Showtime...

:-)

Congrats man! Great news.
[Reply]
eDave 02:38 PM 07-25-2015

You are a dishonest person.

J/K. I stream that shit. I'm horrible.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:30 PM 07-25-2015

You are dancing awkward Rob Lowe

[Reply]
MMXcalibur 04:04 PM 07-25-2015
I'm seeing a lot less success stories than I have in the past. Either DirecTV is wising up, or they simply don't give a shit.
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:06 PM 07-25-2015
Got like $60 off. Under $200. I'm cool with that
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:29 PM 07-25-2015

Wait, you're back! You doing OK?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:54 PM 07-25-2015

If I tried that, They would tell me to go to hell, cancel my service and charge me a 200 cancellation fee. Even though I have been a customer since 1998.

just the way my luck runs sometimes.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:36 PM 07-25-2015
Am really happy I can DVR movies and games that is awesome.

I am DVRing Sharknado 3 so I can watch it after the Royals game. Win.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07-25-2015, 05:39 PM
This message has been deleted by Rasputin.
Rasputin 07-25-2015, 05:39 PM
This message has been deleted by Rasputin.
Rasputin 07:36 PM 07-25-2015
Fuck you Direct TV fuck you . I lost connection during the Royals game you sons of bitches fuck you.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:37 PM 07-25-2015
Monday I am going call Direct TV and tell them to fix the problem or pick up the satellite dish and I will go to Cox or something.

If I can't count on them to show me a complete game then I'm going assume that I'm going end up missing a Chiefs game at some point because of snow then that's not worth it to me to worry about.

I shouldn't have to worry about connection this day and age 2015.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:50 PM 07-25-2015
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Monday I am going call Direct TV and tell them to fix the problem or pick up the satellite dish and I will go to Cox or something.

If I can't count on them to show me a complete game then I'm going assume that I'm going end up missing a Chiefs game at some point because of snow then that's not worth it to me to worry about.

I shouldn't have to worry about connection this day and age 2015.
I rarely have outages. If there is heavy rain I'll typically lose signal for 5 or 10 minutes, but other than that I've had a pretty good experience with DTV. I live in WV though and the weather here is pretty mild, we might get a heavy storm once a month at the most.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:23 PM 07-25-2015
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
I rarely have outages. If there is a heavy rain I'll typically lose signal for 5 or 10 minutes, but other than that I've had a pretty good experience with DTV. I live in WV though and the weather here is pretty mild, we might get a heavy storm once a month at the most.

You only watch half of the game anyways so what's it too ya? 5-10 minutes is way too long & it should never happen unless the power goes out. I didn't lose my internet connection so DTV doesn't have any excuse that can satisfy me to let them get away with shitty service.

I don't want to miss a fucking play especially when the game is on the line and a single play makes all the difference.

They claim 99% signal reliability so I'm calling them and telling them that is a lie. Three times I have lost reception and I'm a new customer from May 2015 so they can kiss my ass.
[Reply]
mikey23545 10:46 PM 07-25-2015
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Wait, you're back! You doing OK?
Well, I'm still alive with two feet...let's leave it at that, I guess...

Thanks for your concern, though, Sib!
[Reply]
tboss27 12:01 AM 07-26-2015
Been a customer since early 2012. Bill was over $100 starting April of this year, I called to get it lowered. Agreed to $30 off a month for 12 months. After agreeing to this I told them I needed to add a second TV, the guy told me I'd have to lock into a 2 year contract to do so. Ended up canceling my service in that phone call, which occurred on a Friday. I was gone that weekend; got back Monday and was annoyed about not having the royals game. Called back to see if they'd do anything to get my business back, ended up with $250 in gift cards, free Sunday ticket max for 2015, $50 off my bill for 12 months, brand new equipment and free install for my 2nd TV, free HBO., Cinemax, etc for 4 months and a $30 loyalty credit on my first bill. Worth it for 3 days of no tv.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 80
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up