ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 48
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 AM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
A lot of knowledge on a phone that has yet to be released you have.
The S3 and S4 both have those issues. In fact, the S4 has more issues than the S3. Unless Samsung pulls a rabbit out of their hat or completely redesigns their software, it's probably a safe bet some of those issues will carry over.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:24 PM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The S3 and S4 both have those issues. In fact, the S4 has more issues than the S3. Unless Samsung pulls a rabbit out of their hat or completely redesigns their software, it's probably a safe bet some of those issues will carry over.
Must be a serious and frequent problem for Samsung to keep them from being one of the most successful cell phone manufacturers in the market...
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:35 PM 04-11-2014
Must be a serious and frequent problem for Samsung to keep them from being one of the most successful cell phone manufacturers in the market...
Microsoft owns nearly 75% of the world's OS market and releases multiple fixes for Windows every week.

I'm not suggesting the Galaxy sucks. I'm suggesting that when someone asks for a comparison, you at least be fair about it.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:41 PM 04-11-2014
Microsoft owns nearly 75% of the world's OS market and releases multiple fixes for Windows every week.

I'm not suggesting the Galaxy sucks. I'm suggesting that when someone asks for a comparison, you at least be fair about it.
:-)

Fair by slandering a product that has yet to be released.

GJ on being fair bro, GJ!

There is absolutely no pro to having the iPhone over a flagship Android, or even the new WP8.1 phones like the Nokia 930, unless you like a more compact phone and iOS.

The battery life on the iPhone is shit compared to the Android flagships, the hardware isn't even close, you can't expand on the memory, and the exterior can no longer be considered "luxurious" when you have HTC and Sony making the phones they've been making. The only thing to hang your hat on with Apple is size and iOS.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:46 PM 04-11-2014

Fair by slandering a product that has yet to be released.

GJ on being fair bro, GJ!

There is absolutely no pro to having the iPhone over a flagship Android, or even the new WP8.1 phones like the Nokia 930, unless you like a more compact phone and iOS.
I wasn't slandering the phone.

You listed only the advantages. You didn't list any of the potential disadvantages. That's the definition of "fair". Furthermore, I didn't say anything about the iPhone.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:48 PM 04-11-2014
I wasn't slandering the phone.

You listed only the advantages. You didn't list any of the potential disadvantages. That's the definition of "fair". Furthermore, I didn't say anything about the iPhone.
I didn't list disadvantages because everything you listed are software related issues with older models and considering the phone isn't ****ing released you cant list that as a disadvantage, Einstein.

Everything I listed are facts on paper that are hardware related.

The screen is bigger, and it's at least full HD.

The battery is removable.

The memory can be expanded.

The OS can be customized to your liking.

It's waterproof.

All of those are FACTS.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:49 PM 04-11-2014
I didn't list disadvantages because everything you listed are software related issues with older models and considering the phone isn't ****ing released you cant list that as a disadvantage, Einstein.

Why respond at all then? If the phone isn't released, there's no use in even discussing it, right?
[Reply]
jd1020 12:51 PM 04-11-2014

Why respond at all then? If the phone isn't released, there's no use in even discussing it, right?
Because he asked?

We know what the phone is...
[Reply]
Nightfyre 12:52 PM 04-11-2014
I was thoroughly disappointed by the release specs of both the S5 and the M8 One. I am now camping on my four year old phone until June/July hoping to find the G3 is as amazing as rumored. I am noticing a trend, however: the phones never are as great as rumored.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 04-11-2014
Because he asked?
He asked for pros AND cons.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:55 PM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I was thoroughly disappointed by the release specs of both the S5 and the M8 One. I am now camping on my four year old phone until June/July hoping to find the G3 is as amazing as rumored. I am noticing a trend, however: the phones never are as great as rumored.
HTC was dumb as hell to come out with that shitty 4 "ultrapixel" camera again.

They posted a loss last year with the original and the main complaint with the phone was the dogshit camera. So they make it bigger, add a 2nd gimmick camera for depth effects, remove the image stabilization, and use the same sensor?

I hope that phone tanks so they wake the **** up with this ultrapixel shit.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:55 PM 04-11-2014
He asked for pros AND cons.
Name one hardware related con for getting a S5 over an iPhone.

Go ahead.
[Reply]
GordonGekko 01:13 PM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Four years, what kind of phone do you have?
[Reply]
jd1020 01:15 PM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by GordonGekko:
Four years, what kind of phone do you have?
I've still got my HTC Aria, released in 2010.

Starting to crap out on me now, though.
[Reply]
DaveNull 01:17 PM 04-11-2014
Name one hardware related con for getting a S5 over an iPhone.

Go ahead.
The iPhone has a better camera.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 48
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up