ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 48
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:18 PM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Name one hardware related con for getting a S5 over an iPhone.

Go ahead.
So now you're limiting it to just hardware? That's not what he asked.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:18 PM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I was thoroughly disappointed by the release specs of both the S5 and the M8 One. I am now camping on my four year old phone until June/July hoping to find the G3 is as amazing as rumored. I am noticing a trend, however: the phones never are as great as rumored.
Better hope the rumors are more accurate than the G2 mini rumors. The G2 mini was suppose to be a Sony level compact flagship. Then it was released and dismounted on its face.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:21 PM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So now you're limiting it to just hardware? That's not what he asked.
Yes, because Samsung has revamped Touchwiz on the S5.

But as long as you want to act like the iPhone never crashes and that apps never disappear on an iPhone then feel free perform a google search, or better yet........

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iphone+5s+crashing

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iphone+5s+apps+disappeared
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:22 PM 04-11-2014
Yes, because Samsung has revamped Touchwiz on the S5.

But as long as you want to act like the iPhone never crashes, and that apps never disappear on an iPhone then feel free to search on google, or better yet........

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iphone+5s+crashing

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iphone+5s+apps+disappeared
I never said they didn't.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:24 PM 04-11-2014
I never said they didn't.
So how is something that they both share a con for one over the other?

Are you fucking retarded when it comes to "fair?"
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:27 PM 04-11-2014
So how is something that they both share a con for one over the other?

Are you fucking retarded when it comes to "fair?"
The things I listed are COMMON problems with the S3, and moreso with the S4, as Samsung's interface becomes more and more bloated.

When someone asks for pros and cons about a device, the answer they get should include both.

I get it, you hate Apple and the iPhone. Whoopity doo. Jihad away.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:32 PM 04-11-2014
I get it, you hate Apple and the iPhone. Whoopity doo. Jihad away.
:-)

I don't hate Apple and I don't love Samsung. In fact, I've never owned a phone from either company.

Apple is the Harley of the cellphone world. They've created a name for themselves and have brainwashed a large number of people into believing they are the best around and their loyal herds of sheep will fight til the death to prove it. But when you step back and actually compare each of their products to the competition, you aren't getting anything near what you should for the money you are paying.

Here's the long list of "pros" for getting an iPhone:

1) It's smaller, if you dont want a larger phone (soon to change)
2) It's the only phone able to use iOS

That pretty much exhausts the pros.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:36 PM 04-11-2014
I've actually owned an S3 AND an S4.

The dude ALREADY HAS an iPhone. I'm guessing he's well aware of its limitations already. That's why I never mentioned it.

If he's thinking about buying a Samsung, he should know what he's getting.

All of the "pros" you mentioned are not only had by Samsung but by a great many other Android device manufacturers. Removable batteries and additional storage aren't unique to the Galaxy S.

The big difference is that a lot of those other manufacturers aren't asking you to invest not only in Google's ecosystem (a fact of life with Android) but ALSO with Samsung, because Samsung wants to use their phones to hook you into buying Samsung TVs, Samsung BR players, Samsung PCs, and everything else.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:39 PM 04-11-2014
The big difference is that a lot of those other manufacturers aren't asking you to invest not only in Google's ecosystem (a fact of life with Android) but ALSO with Samsung, because Samsung wants to use their phones to hook you into buying Samsung TVs, Samsung BR players, Samsung PCs, and everything else.
Yes. Samsung is the only manufacturer that wants you to buy more of their products.

Apple, Sony, Microsoft, etc... don't follow the Samsung model.

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:40 PM 04-11-2014
Yes. Samsung is the only manufacturer that wants you to buy more of their products.

Apple, Sony, Microsoft, etc... don't follow the Samsung model.
Did you read my post?

I didn't say anything about Apple or Microsoft did I? I said ANDROID. Does Apple or Microsoft make Android phones?
[Reply]
jd1020 01:41 PM 04-11-2014
Did you read my post?

I didn't say anything about Apple or Microsoft did I? I said ANDROID. Does Apple or Microsoft make Android phones?
It's not unique to just Android.

JFC you are ignorant.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:43 PM 04-11-2014
It's not unique to just Android.

JFC you are ignorant.
You don't even understand the conversation, so I'm not surprised you would resort to name calling.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:45 PM 04-11-2014
You don't even understand the conversation, so I'm not surprised you would resort to name calling.
Please tell me what I missed.

Please.

Samsung is wanting you to invest in Samsung, a fact of life only for Samsung apparently... according to you.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:46 PM 04-11-2014
Please tell me what I missed.

Please.
I already did, you just don't want to admit it. That's ok. We all have moments like this.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:49 PM 04-11-2014
I already did, you just don't want to admit it. That's ok. We all have moments like this.
There's nothing to admit. You typed it and you can reread it over and over.

Originally Posted by :
Thats what you said.

So please explain what you meant because I'm pretty sure what you are trying to say is that most other companies don't want you to buy their products.

Don't let me interrupt... continue. Please.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 48
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up