ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Shang Chi and the legend of the ten rings
Sure-Oz 04:52 PM 04-19-2021
Teaser.

https://youtu.be/giWIr7U1deA

I've read some of the latest comics of him and really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 11:33 PM 11-16-2021
predictable, cookie cutter, meh.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:17 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I had never even heard of Shang Chi before this movie and I have no idea what his back story is other than what the movie covered, so it doesn't make any difference at all to me. As presented it was interesting and enjoyable though. Pretty much the exact opposite of the Iron Fist abortion.
How does that abomination, Iron Fist tie into this?

Didn't know anything about this before hand either but it was a good popcorn movie.

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Basically, Shang Chi is raised by birth to be the enforcer for Fu Manchu. He was sent to assassinate and old foe of Fu Manchu, who at the time was just an old man. Shang Chi already suspicious of Fu Manchu's real intentions refuses to kill the old man and turns on Fu Manchu's organization.

No mystical cities, no rings. No demon dragons. Think more Bruce Lee meets James Bond.
That was a totally different story then, Why didn't they just make a new movie? It not an origin story then.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:31 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Basically, Shang Chi is raised by birth to be the enforcer for Fu Manchu. He was sent to assassinate and old foe of Fu Manchu, who at the time was just an old man. Shang Chi already suspicious of Fu Manchu's real intentions refuses to kill the old man and turns on Fu Manchu's organization.

No mystical cities, no rings. No demon dragons. Think more Bruce Lee meets James Bond.
That does sound like a cool story. And I can see why you'd think of him along the same lines as Hawkeye or Black Widow. I actually really like the Black Widow character and would have been into it even without ScarJo's hotness factored in. They've obviously thrown that away though and gone in a different direction.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:31 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
How does that abomination, Iron Fist tie into this?
Follow the conversation, Sparky.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:35 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, it was OK. Enjoyable spin off Marvel film. The fights were fun. The character motivations were a bit weird at times. But definitely enjoyable overall. Ben Kingsley almost stole the show.

The post credits scene was maybe the most enjoyable part though. So many questions.
Fight scenes made the movie. The bits between were often quite rough though.

Post credits scene, the first one anyway, was awesome.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:10 AM 12-05-2021
Visually pleasing. Exciting choreography. Good narrative flow, breezy banter. But the cookie-cutter critiques are accurate overall, not that it makes it bad, just a limitation of the entire notion of superhero blockbusters.

The 'men won't let you train, but we will, and you'll be better than all of them' is so overplayed at this point. 'You'll summon the elements and kick their asses with a swirl of effing leaves?' Gah, blah. Bwana had a better plan for destruction using leaves when he left an engine block in a pile on the street.

Awkwafina was fine. It was comic relief, and as retreaded as the grrlpowa stuff above. But it's just a necessity of the narrative form, and she did an adequate, distinctive, job of it.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:45 PM 12-05-2021
Put me to sleep... Meh
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up