ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>The Shield - final season begins tonight
Chiefnj2 07:43 PM 09-02-2008
'Tis bittersweet. The long awaited final season of one of the best tv shows begins tonight at 10 EST. What fate will befall Vic Mackey?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:11 PM 12-03-2008
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Considering how the story ended, that gets a "wow".

I guess the story really couldn't have ended any other way. I know Vic and Ronnie pulled some ghastly shit, but I was really hoping they would get away. Especially Ronnie, he seemed likethe "noble" one, if you could call him that. Vic really ****ed up a lot of lives in that show. He made out probably as good as he could.

I wonder if there will be a TV movie or a mini-series down the road for the Shield?
As fascinating Shane and Vic were as the frontburner stories, Ronnie was equally fascinating, IMO, right there off center camera. He does come off as noble somehow, yet he never has compunction about the 'heinous shit' and is often pushing farther, faster, and more resolutely than the others, particularly as it came to ending Shane's existence.
[Reply]
Buck 10:38 AM 04-04-2010
Just finished the finale. What a tragic ending to an incredible show. The show dropped off a bit for me when Lem died, but it was necessary I guess. The final 6 episodes were just great. I sort of feel the same way I felt at the end of the movie "Seven".

Anyways I had planned on going to sleep 9 hrs ago, but instead I banged out the final season.

Vic Mackey is THE craziest mofo on the history of TV.

Dutch is one of the smartest/funniest characters ever.

The season 5 finale scene with Shane and Lem was the most incredible scene I've ever scene.

Bleh, I'll have more to say later but, great show.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:38 AM 04-05-2010
Originally Posted by Buck:
Just finished the finale. What a tragic ending to an incredible show. The show dropped off a bit for me when Lem died, but it was necessary I guess. The final 6 episodes were just great. I sort of feel the same way I felt at the end of the movie "Seven".

Anyways I had planned on going to sleep 9 hrs ago, but instead I banged out the final season.

Vic Mackey is THE craziest mofo on the history of TV.

Dutch is one of the smartest/funniest characters ever.

The season 5 finale scene with Shane and Lem was the most incredible scene I've ever scene.

Bleh, I'll have more to say later but, great show.
When you turned out the light and walked out the door,
I said to myself what did I come here for?
Did you have a good time drinking whiskey and ryhme
and did you want to be Bonnie and Clyde?

What goes on in your mind, what goes on in your head?
Who did you think I would be ha, well you got me instead.
You think there's some connection that I'm your female reflection
but no...

I can be loyal and I can be true
but that's for somebody else and it will never be you.
You think we're predetermined but babe you're learning
way to slow...
But it seems such a long time ago.

He can see things you'll never know how to see.
He's three times the man you'll never know how to be.
I'll do anything he wants and I'll go anywhere he wants me to go.
And if that isn't love then I guess I'll just never know.
But it seems a long time ago...
[Reply]
Valiant 01:55 PM 05-20-2014

[Reply]
Brando 07:54 PM 05-20-2014
Vic Mackey made him do it to protect the strike team.

Seriously though. Incredibly sad on so many levels.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:01 PM 04-17-2021
Just binged it over the last 2 months, great fuckin show.

Though it was frustrating how Claudette had no problem with Vic doing his crooked tactics if it got results when she was a detective.As Captain it became an issue then, Ronnie got hosed

It's the shows 20 year anniversary
[Reply]
mkp785 03:11 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Just binged it over the last 2 months, great ****in show.

Though it was frustrating how Claudette had no problem with Vic doing his crooked tactics if it got results when she was a detective.As Captain it became an issue then, Ronnie got hosed

I've rewatched it too recently as it was 1 of my favorite shows during its run. Still good, but there's no way they could get away with this nowadays. Wasn't there an episode where a cop took a piss on some dude?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:23 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Just binged it over the last 2 months, great ****in show.

I never understood what they had on Ronnie at that point at the end. Everyone that witnessed anything he did was dead. Was it just Vic's confession stuff that they couldn't even get for court if they tried or was it Shane's letters?

Ronnie would walk in real life over embarrassment the FBI and the Cops themselves.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:31 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I never understood what they had on Ronnie at that point at the end. Everyone that witnessed anything he did was dead. Was it just Vic's confession stuff that they couldn't even get for court if they tried or was it Shane's letters?

Ronnie would walk in real life over embarrassment the FBI and the Cops themselves.
I always thought it was Vic snitching on him. I mean Ronnie WAS an accessory to everything that went down. Wasn't like he's innocent. They couldn't get Vic. Shane and Lem are dead. Someone had to pay.

I think in real life Ronnie still goes down as the Strike Team had pissed off everyone by that point.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up