ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 319
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:39 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think we need to "plan for the playoffs" in terms of the OL. Don't get Mahomes killed in week 4.
Have Rankin and Remmers hold this spot down until Fisher gets back.

Again. This needs to be repeating: we are not facing the Bucs pass rush every week. The closest thing is the Chargers and Melvin Ingram is probably leaving.

Some of you guys are acting like we’re playing the best pas rush in the league every week :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:40 PM 02-11-2021
If I'm Veach, and these guys clear medical concerns, I'd do this:

re-sign Osemele.
re-sign Remmers as super-sub.
sign Jason Peters as stop-gap/swing tackle/mentor for young'uns like Niang, a new draftee, Wanegho.
sign Justin Britt to a cheap deal.

and week one probably looks like:

Peters/early OT draftee like Eisenberg/Radunz/Little
Osemele
Britt
LDT
Niang

I would expect that Fisher returns at some point, and that Schwartz does not.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:40 PM 02-11-2021
In my mind we need a LT and a center.

Allegretti and LDT will be the guards and Niang is your RT.

But they could surprise me and think that Niang can play LT.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:40 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
That's the million dollar question.
You've either got to get a plug and play rookie LT (possible at 31 but probably unlikely) or go get a Jason Peters, Trent Williams type.

I don't know if we can afford to trot Wylie or Remmers out there again.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:41 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Please cut Jason Kelce Philly.
Go look at the Eagles cap situation. They lose money cutting Kelce. And they’re already like $40 million over the projected cap. I have no clue what the fuck they’re going to do.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:41 PM 02-11-2021
Please no Remmers or Wylie. They're like Ford and Berry to me. Never want to see them anywhere near this organization ever again.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 12:41 PM 02-11-2021
i’m all in for Robinson or Golladay
[Reply]
O.city 12:42 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
In my mind we need a LT and a center.

Allegretti and LDT will be the guards and Niang is your RT.

But they could surprise me and think that Niang can play LT.
If you could play him at LT and he's really good there, that fixes a problem long term really cheaply. I would do that.

Figure out the RT spot.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:42 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
:-)

Just no.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:42 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I honestly don't think Reiter is all that bad. He's certainly no pro bowler but I think he's a legit starting center in this league. He was about the one guy that didn't get totally embarrassed in the Super Bowl on the line.

Now I wouldn't pay him what the open market probably would. But I would welcome him back on the cheap.
Cheap, short-term deal is fine with me. That at least kicks the can down the road a year and you can upgrade later.

If he’s your worst offensive starter, then you’re fine.
[Reply]
O.city 12:43 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Have Rankin and Remmers hold this spot down until Fisher gets back.

Again. This needs to be repeating: we are not facing the Bucs pass rush every week. The closest thing is the Chargers and Melvin Ingram is probably leaving.

Some of you guys are acting like we’re playing the best pas rush in the league every week :-)
Our 25 year old Franchise QB has missed games and had injury concerns the last 2 years. If we have to go overboard a bit here, well, it is what it is.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:43 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you could play him at LT and he's really good there, that fixes a problem long term really cheaply. I would do that.

Figure out the RT spot.
You can find a RT in the 2nd or 3rd round. I’m hoping to God that Niang can hold down that LT spot and that was the plan for him.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:44 PM 02-11-2021
Niang is the key to how quickly and easily we can fix the OL. Having one OT and both guards at least temporarily filled makes this whole offseason much more manageable.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:45 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
Robinson is everything that Sammy Watkins is supposed to be for this offense in an ideal world. I would be beyond stoked if we got him.

But yeah, probably too expensive.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:46 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Niang is the key to how quickly and easily we can fix the OL. Having one OT and both guards at least temporarily filled makes this whole offseason much more manageable.
He is essentially a 2021 draft pick already made. His contract even reflects it now.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 319
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up