ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 3903
« First < 27677374757677 78798081871271775771077 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
srvy 10:19 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This is what I'm talking about. You guys need to chill.

She is a nurse. Works in the same place where a confirmed cornavirus patient was getting care. Is now having cold/flu symptoms. How does any human being not worry about their family member in that situation? How is that being dramatic?
You said she has been exposed. Menorah Medical Center is a big place. She may not be on the same floor of wing of that hospital. There also happens to be a pretty large outbreak of influenza in the KC area now. Wait for facts instead of spouting off false info.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:20 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
FYI, my mom's fever has subsided but her cough hasn't.

Docs want her to come in for swabbing regardless of the fact that she seems to be recovering a bit this morning.

Hoping it's just a seasonal bug, but...

My wife had Adenovirus a few months ago. Cannot imagine this being worse than that. It was actually fairly common in the metro this year and man...that shit put her down for 2 weeks. Developed Pneumonia from it too.
Good friend of mine was sick as a dog for about three weeks not too long ago. A year ago January I was as sick as I've ever been with a cough and fever for a good month. Pretty sure I had the walking pneumonia. Just awful. Hope you mom completely rebounds.
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 03-09-2020
I had the flu last month, was down for 8 days. It was the sickest I've been in a while.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:24 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Based on the article (video) he never claimed whatever silver product he is selling is a cure. He said it was a tool. If you or they have any proof he said it was a cure it would be great before making wild accusations. What he is selling is probably a colloidal silver product but even that is unclear. There are a lot of tools in keeping your immunity up.
And the woman talking about the product stated they hadn't tested it on this strain of the CV but they had a the other strains and it killed it off. (To paraphrase)

If you think this is anything other than an attempt to sell the stuff as a prevention or cure of the CV then I've got some cheap seats to sell you for the Broncos super bowl next year.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:25 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I had the flu last month, was down for 8 days. It was the sickest I've been in a while.
I thought my neighbors dog was sick last week but it just turned out he had been chewing on grass.
[Reply]
O.city 10:26 AM 03-09-2020
I thought my neighbors dog was sick last week but it just turned out he had been chewing on grass.
Am I supposed to be the dog in that scenario?
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:27 AM 03-09-2020
Based on the article (video) he never claimed whatever silver product he is selling is a cure. He said it was a tool. If you or they have any proof he said it was a cure it would be great before making wild accusations. What he is selling is probably a colloidal silver product but even that is unclear. There are a lot of tools in keeping your immunity up.

The Jim Bakker Show is suggesting that the silver solution it sells can kill the coronavirus within 12 hours. pic.twitter.com/kbUGnUp69m

— Right Wing Watch (@RightWingWatch) February 12, 2020

[Reply]
SupDock 10:29 AM 03-09-2020
One of our own CP's Mom's has been exposed to the virus. Is now having cold/flu symptoms. I post a reassuring positive post and this is your takeaway?

We are having layman conversations in here. I already had this happen in this thread. I said the virus can cause a increased body temperature. Got taken to task. The body increases your temperature in reaction to the virus, not the virus increases your temp. WTF?

Maybe we can not argue over every little thing. We are not in a Doctors conference.
This is an area of interest for me, if I see incorrect information, I will continue to correct it.

I'm not arguing about anything, I am correcting misinformation in your posts.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
FYI, my mom's fever has subsided but her cough hasn't.

Docs want her to come in for swabbing regardless of the fact that she seems to be recovering a bit this morning.

Hoping it's just a seasonal bug, but...

My wife had Adenovirus a few months ago. Cannot imagine this being worse than that. It was actually fairly common in the metro this year and man...that shit put her down for 2 weeks. Developed Pneumonia from it too.
Thats good news man.:-)
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:29 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This keeps happening because a big chunk of the country still thinks this is just like the flu.
Some guy took his daughters to a school dance AFTER it was suggested he stay home in self quarantine. He has now been ordered to stay home. The ignorance/arrogance of people like this guy pisses me off. :-):-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:30 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
And the woman talking about the product stated they hadn't tested it on this strain of the CV but they had a the other strains and it killed it off. (To paraphrase)

If you think this is anything other than an attempt to sell the stuff as a prevention or cure of the CV then I've got some cheap seats to sell you for the Broncos super bowl next year.
Once again the video was not even clear what the product was. There are many products and things you can do to build up your immunity system. I don't bother posting about the best products or procedures on this BB. Everyone wants to be in a tizzy fit here. I went to the gym all weekend. My son went to Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai and my wife works at the airport. My sister flew in from Australia. To say I have zero concern about this is an understatement. I would be flying now except my sister is here for the next 2 weeks.

Once again if he claimed the unknown product was a cure for Corona please post it or quit claiming that he said that.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:34 AM 03-09-2020
Once again the video was not even clear what the product was. There are many products and things you can do to build up your immunity system. I don't bother posting about the best products or procedures on this BB. Everyone wants to be in a tizzy fit here. I went to the gym all weekend. My son went to Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai and my wife works at the airport. My sister flew in from Australia. To say I have zero concern about this is an understatement. I would be flying now except my sister is here for the next 2 weeks.

Once again if he claimed the unknown product was a cure for Corona please post it or quit claiming that he said that.
The video states that it deactivates other Coronaviruses, but has not been tested against Covid-19. Sounds like bullshit to me.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:35 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
You said she has been exposed. Menorah Medical Center is a big place. She may not be on the same floor of wing of that hospital. There also happens to be a pretty large outbreak of influenza in the KC area now. Wait for facts instead of spouting off false info.
She was exposed. You realize how this works, correct? You fly on a plane, cruise ship, attend a concert, be in an enclosed building, got to a movie etc. someone there has a bug. They touch a door knob, railing, a door, counter, sneezed, coughed etc. They move the bug to a different part of said building. you have been exposed to said bug. Exposed does not equal confirmed contact with said bug.
[Reply]
srvy 10:37 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Good friend of mine was sick as a dog for about three weeks not too long ago. A year ago January I was as sick as I've ever been with a cough and fever for a good month. Pretty sure I had the walking pneumonia. Just awful. Hope you mom completely rebounds.
Yeah, about four weeks ago I was down with strep throat. Then got well with help of antibiotics a week latter lowgrade fever sore throat again with a dry cough. After three days the fever was gone along with sore throat but cough and congestion was wicked. I could hear my lungs when breathing bonded like paper tearing. So again off to the doctor where I now had pneumonia along with bronchitis. More antibiotics to kill whatever virus caused pneumonia and this nasty tasting green cough meds that knocked lights out and an albuterol inhaler. Today is the first day I feel like I should be back to work. So yeah there is a lot of shit out there.
[Reply]
srvy 10:38 AM 03-09-2020
She was exposed. You realize how this works, correct? You fly on a plane, cruise ship, attend a concert, be in an enclosed building, got to a movie etc. someone there has a bug. They touch a door knob, railing, a door, counter, sneezed, coughed etc. you have been exposed to said bug. Exposed does not equal confirmed contact with said bug.
My cousin is an RN there is she exposed to good grief.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 3903
« First < 27677374757677 78798081871271775771077 > Last »
Up