ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3184 of 3903
« First < 2184268430843134317431803181318231833184 31853186318731883194323432843684 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 04:05 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Everyone is free to look through your post history in this thread.

Maybe you can find another Dr who claims to have the cure for covid. You remember that bullshit you were pushing, don't you?
That's just one off the top of my head.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/do...-gets-censored

Doctor's controversial claim of COVID-19 cure goes viral, gets censored

Now, Go **** yourself. :-)

See ya in the game chat.:-)

Hey, you get your own act. Don't be stealing my shit.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:10 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hawker007:
Ok, there was a graph posted this week in this thread from the CDC or KDHE, can’t recall which. It stated cases in mask mandated counties have decreased 6% and non mask mandated counties have increased by like 200%. I thought this was related.
It is and was. The initial claim was that the masked counties dropped by 6%, etc. Then a couple of days later the Sentinel, for the 4th time, pointed out the bullshit coming from the state of Kansas. Essentially a Doctor from Ottowa University explained that the state was using a 7 day rolling average of the "rate of change" of cases to show a decline.

The doctor explained that it was misleading and that if you look at the actual cases per 100k population you can see a large increase in cases in mandated counties.

Remember a couple months back the state tried to say similar but they used a different axis on the non-mandated graph than they did on the mandated graph to give the appearance that mandated counties were going better when in reality they were doing the same.

The entire thing is not necessarily do masks work but do mask mandates actually work? Some people want to assume that a mask mandate means everyone automatically wears a mask by default and that no mandate means no one will wear a mask by default. Neither of which are true.

Basically this:

Originally Posted by :
KDHE data shows there were 411 cases per 100,000 of population on July 3 in the 24 counties that CDC researchers say adopted the governor’s order. By August 24 those counties experienced a 207% increase to 1,262 cases per 100,000. (The CDC report ends on August 23 but KDHE hasn’t published data for that day.) The other 81 counties went from 825 cases per 100,000 to 1,271 cases, for an increase of just 54%.

[Reply]
Fat Elvis 04:35 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The actual numbers bear out what the Sentinel article states. At least I have yet to see any numbers that say otherwise. Some just refuse to accept the fact that a mask mandate does not mean cases drop by default. I know here in JoCo we have had a mask mandate since July 3rd and cases have done the opposite of go down.

And to clarify they are saying cases per 100k population are up 207% in mask mandated counties.
Here are the numbers straight from KDHE.

https://www.coronavirus.kdheks.gov/D...summary?bidId=
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 05:08 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It is and was. The initial claim was that the masked counties dropped by 6%, etc. Then a couple of days later the Sentinel, for the 4th time, pointed out the bullshit coming from the state of Kansas. Essentially a Doctor from Ottowa University explained that the state was using a 7 day rolling average of the "rate of change" of cases to show a decline.

The doctor explained that it was misleading and that if you look at the actual cases per 100k population you can see a large increase in cases in mandated counties.

Remember a couple months back the state tried to say similar but they used a different axis on the non-mandated graph than they did on the mandated graph to give the appearance that mandated counties were going better when in reality they were doing the same.

The entire thing is not necessarily do masks work but do mask mandates actually work? Some people want to assume that a mask mandate means everyone automatically wears a mask by default and that no mandate means no one will wear a mask by default. Neither of which are true.

Basically this:
I don't think either you or the Sentinel were understanding what was being measured. What was being measured wasn't the cumulative total of cases per 100K over that time period, but rather, the 7 day average number of new cases per 100K population. If you look at the raw data, it pretty clearly shows that counties that have mask mandates had a much lower rate of new cases per 100K. This distinction becomes much more pronounced if you factor in the most recent data. Here is a brief example of the data (cumulative) and not standardized per 100K populations looking at 4 random counties in Kansas; two with mask mandates (Shawnee and Sedgwick) and two without (Trego and Rooks):

County 7.3.20 8.21.20 11.20.20
Shawnee 759 1928 6381
Sedgwick 1564 6386 24476

Trego 1 7 184
Rooks 8 20 279

Considering that Shawnee and Sedgwick have a combined population of ~693K vs a combined population of 7086 for Rooks and Trego, for example, then yes, on a per 100K population level, KDHE data is really very solid.

You simply don't understand that, and it is also why no other news outlets have picked up the Sentinel story: the writers on the Sentinel are too stupid to understand the data as well.

Again, here is the raw data: https://www.coronavirus.kdheks.gov/D...summary?bidId=
[Reply]
neech 05:13 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I don't watch football games unless the Chiefs are playing.
The rest of the time you spend on a football form. Sad
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:14 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I can't get this to open on my phone. What does it say?
I can't quote this link because it is political.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:45 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Here are the numbers straight from KDHE.

https://www.coronavirus.kdheks.gov/D...summary?bidId=
Allen Atchison Bourbon Crawford Dickinson Douglas Franklin Jewell Johnson Marshall Mitchell Montgomery Neosho Saline Shawnee Wyandotte

Counties opted in to the mask mandate in July. Towns within the counties of Crowley, Riley & Sedgwick opted in while those counties as a whole opted out.

Since Kansas couldn't ass some intern or minimum wage data entry goon to publicize an excel sheet: I had to come up with one myself. So I make no claim that I was 100% accurate in inputting the raw numbers into said sheet.

That being said,

Between July 8 and November 18, the counties with mask mandates including CL, RL and SG had a period to period average per county increase of 1634%. (342 cases per 100,000k July; 5943 in November.)

The counties that opted out in that span had an average increase of 1577% (448 July; 7527 November.)
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 06:56 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Allen Atchison Bourbon Crawford Dickinson Douglas Franklin Jewell Johnson Marshall Mitchell Montgomery Neosho Saline Shawnee Wyandotte

Counties opted in to the mask mandate in July. Towns within the counties of Crowley, Riley & Sedgwick opted in while those counties as a whole opted out.

Since Kansas couldn't ass some intern or minimum wage data entry goon to publicize an excel sheet: I had to come up with one myself. So I make no claim that I was 100% accurate in inputting the raw numbers into said sheet.

That being said,

Between July 8 and November 18, the counties with mask mandates including CL, RL and SG had a period to period average per county increase of 1634%. (342 cases per 100,000k July; 5943 in November.)

The counties that opted out in that span had an average increase of 1577% (448 July; 7527 November.)
Fair enough.:-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:50 AM 11-23-2020
Not as good as the mRNA ones but it will be significantly cheaper and only requires normal refrigeration. Should be good enough to stop covid from spreading though.

Originally Posted by :
A COVID-19 vaccine being developed by the University of Oxford and British pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca was found to have an average efficacy rate of 70% following a large-scale trial. The trial involved two separate dosing regimens, one which showed a 90% efficacy rate, and the other with 62%.

[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 11-23-2020
It’s easier to get to the world. That’s great.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:30 AM 11-23-2020
The role of mortality displacement
"Our study shows that all-cause mortality was largely unchanged during the epidemic as compared to the previous four years in Norway and Sweden, two countries which employed very different strategies against the epidemic," emphasize study authors in this medRxiv paper.

In other words, excess mortality from COVID-19 may be less conspicuous than previously perceived in Sweden, while mortality displacement may be used to explain at least part of the observed findings.

More specifically, mortality displacement implies temporarily increased mortality (i.e., excess mortality) in a certain population as a result of external events, which likely arises because individuals in vulnerable groups die weeks or months earlier than they would otherwise – primarily due to the timing or severity of the unusual external event. The excess mortality is, thus, predated or followed by time periods of lower than expected mortality.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...-pandemic.aspx
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:31 AM 11-23-2020
3 more weeks until the first vaccines can be rolled out, likely will be 4. Almost there.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:34 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Not as good as the mRNA ones but it will be significantly cheaper and only requires normal refrigeration. Should be good enough to stop covid from spreading though.
So...use the more effective dosing schedule and get to 90%.

Unless the regimen is particularly unique in its adherence, it seems like there is another 90% option.

EDIT: There's nothing particularly difficult about the Oxford vaccine. The 90% level of efficacy was achieved when using a two dose series wherein a half dose is followed by a full-strength dose.

Also, the FDA approved an EUA for Regeneron's monoclonal antibody regimen for mild-to-moderate COVID. Because they are antibodies they'll need to be given via IV, and their use is not indicated for patients that require oxygen or a ventilator, but it's another tool for clinicians to utilize.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:16 AM 11-23-2020
Studies on Vitamin D
[Reply]
TLO 11:06 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
3 more weeks until the first vaccines can be rolled out, likely will be 4. Almost there.
I'm hopeful we'll start getting vaccines in arms December 12th or 13th.
[Reply]
Page 3184 of 3903
« First < 2184268430843134317431803181318231833184 31853186318731883194323432843684 > Last »
Up