Page 445 of 449
« First < 345395435441442443444445 446447448449 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:08 PM 11-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah, I was explaining, even so much as to give you a direct example of a supposed shutdown corner in the post named after said 'shutdown corner'.

Sorry that was too hard for you to follow.

If a SHUTDOWN CORNER means a Sammy Watkins goes for 198 yards and 3 TD's, then yeah, I say it's not a big difference. Certainly not worth giving up #1 picks and a ton of cash.

How's that?

Jalen Ramsey hasn’t been a shutdown CB since like 2017. I named two shutdown corners in 2019.

There’s a huge fucking difference between say Brandon Flowers in his prime (a good CB) and 2009 Darrelle Revis (a great CB). To argue otherwise is just asinine.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:16 PM 11-28-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Jalen Ramsey hasn’t been a shutdown CB since like 2017. I named two shutdown corners in 2019.

There’s a huge ****ing difference between say Brandon Flowers in his prime (a good CB) and 2009 Darrelle Revis (a great CB). To argue otherwise is just asinine.
in terms of cost/benefit and team wins? Not really.

I was trying to explain to you that you're not understanding what I'm saying.

But you do you.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:23 PM 11-28-2019
God. What if he just fucks the Rams and decides to go to free agency without re-signing?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:27 PM 11-28-2019

There’s a huge ****ing difference between say Brandon Flowers in his prime (a good CB) and 2009 Darrelle Revis (a great CB). To argue otherwise is just asinine.
Yet another way to explain as simply as possible:

It's great to have a great CB. It's maybe not worth it to BUY a great CB when you have GOOD CB's and have weak areas elsewhere that are costing you games.

I'm not comparing individual players. Of course Flowers wasn't as good as Revis. Or Ward (yet) as Gilmore. What I'm saying is the team is not being negatively impacted so it's not worth the COST at this point in time. Might've been last year.

In terms of championships, team wins, draft picks, and cap space.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:36 PM 11-28-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
God. What if he just fucks the Rams and decides to go to free agency without re-signing?
Umm franchise tag?
[Reply]
Dante84 09:40 PM 11-28-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Umm franchise tag?
Ah, yeah. He could sit out /demand a trade though. Still foolish of them to not have a contract in place before trading for him.

Their future is dim with Goff, Gurley’s knees and and no first round draft picks for the next fiftyleven years.

Might be the best move on their part, tbh.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:50 PM 11-28-2019
in terms of cost/benefit and team wins? Not really.

I was trying to explain to you that you're not understanding what I'm saying.

But you do you.
I don’t need you to explain anything. I wouldn’t disagree that burning two 1sts for a CB and hoping he can play like prime Revis is not a good idea. I have no issue with you saying that.

Again, I have an issue with you saying there’s not a huge gap between good and great CBs. You certainly didn’t mean it in a “cost analysis” way either because you immediately doubled down and said you think shutdown corners are a myth.

Just say that you misspoke and we can move on.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:25 PM 11-28-2019
I don’t need you to explain anything. I wouldn’t disagree that burning two 1sts for a CB and hoping he can play like prime Revis is not a good idea. I have no issue with you saying that.

Again, I have an issue with you saying there’s not a huge gap between good and great CBs. You certainly didn’t mean it in a “cost analysis” way either because you immediately doubled down and said you think shutdown corners are a myth.

Just say that you misspoke and we can move on.
They are.

I don't see anything like prime Revis in today's NFL. You can disagree. That was a 'shutdown' corner. The rules were called differently in his prime.

There are still guys that are great, and there are guys that are good, but the rules are as such to make it really difficult to be 'shut down'. As in your #1 WR gets nothing one on one all day long.

Gilmore's about as good as it gets; and he's often on the #2 WR as BB likes to bracket the #1 WR with a CB and a S and leave his best corner on the #2. Patrick and Tyreek and company hung 40 and a gazillion yards on that defense last year. How 'shutdown' was he?

And so, yes, I don't believe there's all that much difference in having a plus player at the position and a PLUS PLUS player. Not when there other problem areas on the defense, and not in regards to cost to BUY an elite corner.

But whatever. You can be obstinate if you want.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:27 PM 11-28-2019
Ramsey is on the 5th year option next season then can be tagged after that, depending on the new CBA.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:36 PM 11-28-2019
They are.

I don't see anything like prime Revis in today's NFL. You can disagree. That was a 'shutdown' corner. The rules were called differently in his prime.

There are still guys that are great, and there are guys that are good, but the rules are as such to make it really difficult to be 'shut down'. As in your #1 WR gets nothing one on one all day long.

Gilmore's about as good as it gets; and he's often on the #2 WR as BB likes to bracket the #1 WR with a CB and a S and leave his best corner on the #2. Patrick and Tyreek and company hung 40 and a gazillion yards on that defense last year. How 'shutdown' was he?

And so, yes, I don't believe there's all that much difference in having a plus player at the position and a PLUS PLUS player. Not when there other problem areas on the defense, and not in regards to cost to BUY an elite corner.

But whatever. You can be obstinate if you want.

Hmm, you don’t see anything like possibly the greatest CB season ever recorded? Well gee, that’s weird.

You keep talking about last season. BB used to have Gilmore shadow the #2 but lately he’s been having him shadow the #1.

Idk why you keep pointing to one or two games as if it’s some sort of gotcha moment. You realize Deion Sanders and Darrelle Revis allowed catches, big plays and TDs, right? They also played on teams that got smacked from time to time. Didn’t strip them of the shutdown title.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:58 PM 11-28-2019
Hmm, you don’t see anything like possibly the greatest CB season ever recorded? Well gee, that’s weird.

You keep talking about last season. BB used to have Gilmore shadow the #2 but lately he’s been having him shadow the #1.

Idk why you keep pointing to one or two games as if it’s some sort of gotcha moment. You realize Deion Sanders and Darrelle Revis allowed catches, big plays and TDs, right? They also played on teams that got smacked from time to time. Didn’t strip them of the shutdown title.

well, then your title of 'shutdown' doesn't really mean much, does it?

So yeah, myth.

There's no such thing as a corner that can just 'shut down' your #1 WR consistently, week in and week out. Especially not now, with these PI rules.

Would I like to have Gilmore? Sure. Instead of Ward? Sure. Do I want to pay him or trade #1's for him when I can get plus level play out of Ward? Nah.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:08 PM 11-28-2019
well, then your title of 'shutdown' doesn't really mean much, does it?

So yeah, myth.

There's no such thing as a corner that can just 'shut down' your #1 WR consistently, week in and week out. Especially not now, with these PI rules.

Would I like to have Gilmore? Sure. Instead of Ward? Sure. Do I want to pay him or trade #1's for him when I can get plus level play out of Ward? Nah.

You’re really fucking stupid

Stephon Gilmore 2019 coverage stats:
11 games
53 targets
19 receptions
36% completion
223 yards
0 touchdowns allowed
4 INT
10 PBU
18.04 Passer Rating

Best cornerback in football.@BumpNrunGilm0re @Patriots

— El Capitãn (@DomGonzo12) November 25, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:50 AM 11-29-2019
You’re really ****ing stupid

You really don't even understand the point. You're arguing bullshit. Are you like 12?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:36 AM 11-29-2019
The next evolution of the shutdown CB will arrive, it's just a matter of time. Athletes and coaches will find a way.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:40 AM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
The next evolution of the shutdown CB will arrive, it's just a matter of time. Athletes and coaches will find a way.
They WOULD, except that the league keeps changing things to benefit offense because it sells tickets.

Seems like with every advancement in defense, it gets countered with a rule change. Or, excuse me, EMPHASIS.

I used to love watching the James Hasty/Lester Hayes type corners just mugging the shit out of receivers.

Those guys wouldn't even make a 53 man roster now. They never had the speed to run with top receivers downfield, they just beat the fuck out of them instead.

That was fun.
[Reply]
Page 445 of 449
« First < 345395435441442443444445 446447448449 >
Up