ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2144 of 3903
« First < 1144164420442094213421402141214221432144 214521462147214821542194224426443144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 12:58 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
And not only did you not read it it, you went off about it then chastised me for not being open to evidence and data

That's classic projection, bro.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Here ya go:

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/dcs/ContactUs/Form
[Reply]
petegz28 12:58 PM 05-21-2020
And there is actually data showing there can be side effects to wearing masks but that's not convenient to your narrative.
[Reply]
Redbled 12:59 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's not like you're paying attention to data, so why should someone waste their time treating you like you're arguing in good faith?

You sat there and bitched endlessly about small businesses not being able to open up while arguing against procedures that will expedite their ability to open up--it's pretty clear you don't give a shit about those businesses--it was just a way for you to score some partisan points.

If someone doesn't want to wear a mask at this point it's out of selfishness, ignorance, stupidity, or a combination thereof. There are no side effects to wearing a mask.

I'm not going to apologize for having nothing but contempt for someone that hypocritical.
100 percent this. But you can never control stupid.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:59 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I go over to DC every so often. Not saying the mods care about their political leanings in this thread but you can't tell me it's anywhere close to 90% right leaning people.
I don't go over there enough to really give a number, it certainly leans more right than left though.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:59 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Here ya go:

Fuck the CDC!

The article from my recent Ladies Home Journal is calling bullshit!

/Pete
[Reply]
Mecca 01:00 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Do you understand what asymptomatic means?

I just feel we need to start somewhere with you.
asymptomwho? sounds like fake news to me.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:00 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I go over to DC every so often. Not saying the mods care about their political leanings in this thread but you can't tell me it's anywhere close to 90% right leaning people.
Since you seem to be here for actual discussion, can you help me understand why masks have become a left/right issue? I honestly don't understand it. Is it just a feeling like people shouldn't have to follow government regulations broadly? Lack of trust in science? Or is there something more to it that I'm missing?
[Reply]
jd1020 01:00 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If someone doesn't want to wear a mask at this point it's out of selfishness, ignorance, stupidity, or a combination thereof. There are no side effects to wearing a mask.
I have this side effect where the second I put on a mask my glasses instantly fog up and I cant see shit with them on and I cant see shit with them off so I choose not to wear one. I also realize that its an issue to a lot of people so I do all of my store shopping just before closing when there's maybe like 5 people in the store and the only checkout isles open are the self checkout and I have yet to get stopped for not wearing one.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:00 PM 05-21-2020
I have no symptoms and wear it everywhere (inside) now. I'll do so until public health experts deem that it's no longer necessary.
That is the most reasonable way to handle this, I guess it makes to much sense.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:01 PM 05-21-2020
Here ya go:

Here I go what? You are just proving my point over and over.

[Reply]
Redbled 01:01 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
And not only did you not read it it, you went off about it then chastised me for not being open to evidence and data

That's classic projection, bro.

Why would anyone take the time to read an article posted by a person with such little credibility on a topic?
[Reply]
Lzen 01:02 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't go over there enough to really give a number, it certainly leans more right than left though.
It does lean right but not nearly as much as you think.
[Reply]
limested 01:02 PM 05-21-2020
Setup a fence around a basketball goal that has holes the size of a beachball. Try to shoot basket now. Does it 100% prevent you from making baskets? No. Does it make it more difficult to make them? Yes

Same principle of wearing the mask. Does it prevent the spread 100% No, but it does make it more difficult as even though the droplets may be small enough to get through there is still a high chance of it hitting the fibers and not passing through.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:02 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I have this side effect where the second I put on a mask my glasses instantly fog up and I cant see shit with them on and I cant see shit with them off so I choose not to wear one. I also realize that its an issue to a lot of people so I do all of my store shopping just before closing when there's maybe like 5 people in the store and I have yet to get stopped for not wearing one.
It doesn't entirely take care of it, but washing your glasses with dish soap can help prevent fogging a little bit. You can also find anti-fog sprays.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:02 PM 05-21-2020
Since you seem to be here for actual discussion, can you help me understand why masks have become a left/right issue? I honestly don't understand it. Is it just a feeling like people shouldn't have to follow government regulations broadly? Lack of trust in science? Or is there something more to it that I'm missing?
My opinion is because everything is a left right issue now....

In reality I think it comes back to that, the section of people that don't want to wear them take it to that level of the pussification of America, the American male mainly. That it's viewed as not tough and like being a coward.

I could be off base but I think it has something to do with that, that and the desire to not do what you're told and somehow "stick it to the man"
[Reply]
Page 2144 of 3903
« First < 1144164420442094213421402141214221432144 214521462147214821542194224426443144 > Last »
Up