« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:13 AM 01-05-2018
Converted 9000 Ripple XRP @ $2.84 to Bitcoin yesterday after the Coinbase statement. Because of the rise in Bitcoin since I made the conversion, this allows me to pull all of my original $26.5K crypto investment out, plus about $1K in profits. Leaves me with 1.1 Bitcoin, 10 Ethereum, 11.1K Ripple XRP, and 20K Verge XVR for "free". Playing with house money from now on.
[Reply]
KurtCauley 11:27 AM 01-05-2018
I am in on XRB as well. But I recently went in pretty heavy on request. It's gonna be a long hold but I've read good things about it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:54 AM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Converted 9000 Ripple XRP @ $2.84 to Bitcoin yesterday after the Coinbase statement. Because of the rise in Bitcoin since I made the conversion, this allows me to pull all of my original $26.5K crypto investment out, plus about $1K in profits. Leaves me with 1.1 Bitcoin, 10 Ethereum, 11.1K Ripple XRP, and 20K Verge XVR for "free". Playing with house money from now on.
Minus those taxes you have to pay :-)
[Reply]
Taco John 12:04 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Minus those taxes you have to pay :-)
I may be mistaken, but you don't have to pay taxes on your original stake - just capital gains after that.
[Reply]
wutamess 12:07 PM 01-05-2018
After the Coinbase statement.
What does that mean?
[Reply]
Shag 12:22 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by wutamess:
What does that mean?
Coinbase said they have no current plans to list XRP, which was a rumor floating around.
[Reply]
Taco John 12:51 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by wutamess:
What does that mean?
Coinbase has been a sort of king maker since it's one of the only fiat exchanges. People expect that cryptos get big bounces once they're on coinbase, and trade on it. Part of Ripple's rise was on rumors that it would be listed on coinbase. As it started to overheat, coinbase made a cryptic announcement that they are not adding new coins "at this time." whatever that means. Coinbase will be adding new coins eventually, and it's hard to imagine that Ripple won't be one of them. If it is, great. If it isn't, it doesn't really matter. Bitcoin Cash shows that the coinbase bounce is just that: a bounce, and then correction back to normalcy.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:54 PM 01-05-2018
Now that's how to work it. Good job!
[Reply]
Taco John 12:59 PM 01-05-2018
The coins are starting to cool off. That's normal.

I dumped my TRON position last night and took big profits at $.25 from where I bought in at $.04. I'll get back into TRON once it finds a new support line. If it goes up and I miss the boat, I'm okay with that.

I put all my TRON profits into Verge for now. It's been holding firm at $.16. It didn't get the bounce it deserved from the Wraith launch because they were a day late and they had poor communication. No matter, it works. I expect it to bounce to $.50 at some point. When that happens, I'll have a decision to make.

Verge coin has a lot of enemies. It is a high risk, high reward coin. I could lose big on this play. I could win big too.

Have fun out there.
[Reply]
Shag 02:43 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by Taco John:
The coins are starting to cool off. That's normal.

I dumped my TRON position last night and took big profits at $.25 from where I bought in at $.04. I'll get back into TRON once it finds a new support line. If it goes up and I miss the boat, I'm okay with that.

I put all my TRON profits into Verge for now. It's been holding firm at $.16. It didn't get the bounce it deserved from the Wraith launch because they were a day late and they had poor communication. No matter, it works. I expect it to bounce to $.50 at some point. When that happens, I'll have a decision to make.

Verge coin has a lot of enemies. It is a high risk, high reward coin. I could lose big on this play. I could win big too.

Have fun out there.
I was strongly considering dumping TRX yesterday when it spiked big, and kicking myself for not. Seems to be trending back up again, so will have to watch that one closely.

XRB won the Binance vote, so will be listed there shortly. Should be a boon, but we'll see - it may have spiked on the rumor already. Still think that one has good long term viability.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:01 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by Taco John:
I may be mistaken, but you don't have to pay taxes on your original stake - just capital gains after that.
You are required to report those gains on every trade. You can’t just pull out your original stake and not pay any taxes because all your “profit” is still tied up in crypto.

I am not an accountant, but I am paying my taxes that are due. Uncle Sam will be coming down hard on people who haven’t IMO with the rise in value we’ve seen this year.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:42 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
You are required to report those gains on every trade. You can’t just pull out your original stake and not pay any taxes because all your “profit” is still tied up in crypto.

I am not an accountant, but I am paying my taxes that are due. Uncle Sam will be coming down hard on people who haven’t IMO with the rise in value we’ve seen this year.
One of the reasons I mainly just hodl. Too much work otherwise.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:51 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
One of the reasons I mainly just hodl. Too much work otherwise.
I don't plan on selling what I have until I retire. I guess we'll see how that end up working out.
[Reply]
eDave 05:17 PM 01-05-2018
BTC is skyrocketing today. Yeesh.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:45 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
BTC is skyrocketing today. Yeesh.
Perhaps people are cashing in on their recent alt coin profits on the exchanges. They want to secure it on the most reliable & secure crypto currency.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 261
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Up