ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2491 of 4832
« First < 1491199123912441248124872488248924902491 249224932494249525012541259129913491 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:18 AM 07-24-2020
Lock is going to be good, he just has the bad luck of playing in the same division as the best QB in the league.
[Reply]
MGRS13 08:23 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Lock is going to be good, he just has the bad luck of playing in the same division as the best QB in the league.
He’s an 8-8 guy. His ceiling is 10-6 wildcard/ first round loss. I love it.
[Reply]
TEX 08:43 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by MGRS13:
He’s an 8-8 guy. His ceiling is 10-6 wildcard/ first round loss. I love it.
Exactly. Just "good enough" to torture their fans every year. Their ceiling will be a fringe playoff team since 7 teams per conference get in now. Been there done that. No thanks!
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:44 AM 07-24-2020
Lock's ceiling is probably Kirk Cousins
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Lock's ceiling is probably Kirk Cousins
There's some really faint Stafford potential in there.

Kid's mobile with a big arm. His decisionmaking can be excellent and awful sometimes in the span of the same drive.

I'd have really liked to have seen him go somewhere else. There's no reason at all that he can't be the 2nd best QB to come out of that draft. He has every bit the talent of Jones/Haskins and in my eyes more. And I kinda like Jones.

Honestly, I'd prefer him to Josh Allen long-term if I were picking right now. Lock just throws a more consistent ball even if he's not the athlete that Allen is.

But yeah, that erratic decisionmaking and occasional poor feel for the pocket is something he'll have to iron out to become a truly top tier guy.
[Reply]
MGRS13 10:13 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly. Just "good enough" to torture their fans every year. Their ceiling will be a fringe playoff team since 7 teams per conference get in now. Been there done that. No thanks!
Yep. Agreed. It’s wonderful. The best part is he will be just good enough to not replace and they will have to over pay for him as well.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:15 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Kid's mobile with a big arm. His decisionmaking can be excellent and awful sometimes in the span of the same drive.

I'd have really liked to have seen him go somewhere else. There's no reason at all that he can't be the 2nd best QB to come out of that draft. He has every bit the talent of Jones/Haskins and in my eyes more. And I kinda like Jones.

Honestly, I'd prefer him to Josh Allen long-term if I were picking right now. Lock just throws a more consistent ball even if he's not the athlete that Allen is.

But yeah, that erratic decisionmaking and occasional poor feel for the pocket is something he'll have to iron out to become a truly top tier guy.
Man, this isn't the time nor the place for it, but I'd love to hear what you like about Jones.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:16 AM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I never understood the Stafford projection. Lock has a plus arm but he ain’t Stafford. I’d put Stafford as a top 5 arm in the league. He’s one of the few that can rifle ball 40+ yards downfield with excellent velocity.

I see a lot of Derek Carr in him. Very good but not great arm, mobile, did well at a college that wasn’t a powerhouse. Biggest thing to me that kinda links Cousins and Carr to Lock is the poor decision making when any type of pressure is applied to him. He just turns to shit and everything falls apart for him.

I think Spags knew that too. All of those blitzes really made Lock nervous and highlighted this.

The Broncos were smart to give Glasgow big money and draft Cushenberry. They are going to have to find a competent LT though bc Lock’s success will be heavily tied to his protection.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:01 AM 07-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I never understood the Stafford projection. Lock has a plus arm but he ain’t Stafford. I’d put Stafford as a top 5 arm in the league. He’s one of the few that can rifle ball 40+ yards downfield with excellent velocity.

I see a lot of Derek Carr in him. Very good but not great arm, mobile, did well at a college that wasn’t a powerhouse. Biggest thing to me that kinda links Cousins and Carr to Lock is the poor decision making when any type of pressure is applied to him. He just turns to shit and everything falls apart for him.

I think Spags knew that too. All of those blitzes really made Lock nervous and highlighted this.

The Broncos were smart to give Glasgow big money and draft Cushenberry. They are going to have to find a competent LT though bc Lock’s success will be heavily tied to his protection.
That should have been the focus of the last few drafts... thankfully, they've done a much better job of addressing the OL the last two years. It doesn't matter what Lock's upside is if the OL sucks.

And, with all the BS going on the last 4 months, it's been hard to get too excited about football. I have this concern that they will pull the plug on it, hopefully not.

I'll get excited about it once we see camps and things taking place and the noise about C19 subsides. Weird times indeed as we've had 4 months of life without sports essentially. I'm ready for back to normal and actually having something to talk about regarding football, right now it's just a big void.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:25 AM 08-16-2020
Bouye already getting torched at Broncos camp

Drew Lock hits Courtland Sutton in stride for a 50-yard TD down the right sideline. Sutton beat Bouye.

— Zac Stevens (@ZacStevensDNVR) August 16, 2020

Their other corners aren’t going to be any better. Pat gonna rape these dudes :-)

Yiadom opened up there Friday. https://t.co/BX8ASLiJDy

— Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) August 16, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 11:26 AM 08-16-2020
I remember when people thought Bouye was an upgrade over Harris

:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:42 AM 08-16-2020
I'm kinda worried about the Denver Broncos myself.

They could end up like the Cleveland Browns for until Elway fires himself..
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:08 PM 08-16-2020
Best thing for Broncos would be to have one more bad year. Sign a top OT, draft a great linebacker.

They had a great draft this year and have weapons now, Jeudy will be a top 3 WR soon. They aren't ready for us yet though.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:16 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Best thing for Broncos would be to have one more bad year. Sign a top OT, draft a great linebacker.

They had a great draft this year and have weapons now, Jeudy will be a top 3 WR soon. They aren't ready for us yet though.
Holy shit pump the fucking breaks.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:58 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Holy shit pump the ****ing breaks.
He’s not a top 3 WR but he’s already impressing them. Dude is not a retard like you implied he was :-)

He’s going to be the best weapon on that team by mid season.

Just have to deal with the fact that the Raiders fucked it up again and let the Broncos get a stud
[Reply]
Page 2491 of 4832
« First < 1491199123912441248124872488248924902491 249224932494249525012541259129913491 > Last »
Up