ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2439 of 4830
« First < 1439193923392389242924352436243724382439 244024412442244324492489253929393439 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 11:07 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I love Lock....he set up that crap fanbase, for two weeks, only to have their delusional franchise QB fantasies dashed in spectacular fashion.

He mustered 3 points on the way to a record 9 straight losses against KC...

Please, Horseface, waste 2-3 years hoping and praying for him to develop.

When they lose to KC next year...it will mark 5 years .

In the two games this year...KC 53 Doinks 9
This is what's truly golden about the situation. And as Donk is finding out - this all is part of the deal...You think you have a QB, you keep telling yourself that you do, he shows you the goods enough times for you to have hope, and then these types of games keep happening at the worst moments. Been there / done that. NO THANKS! Gonna be fun to see Donk do it now. Enjoy the ride Denver! :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:23 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It will be an interesting offseason for sure, I think Lock is fine as the starter going into 2020, they still have no idea what he can be really. They need to focus on the OL and get another viable WR2.

Lots of questions in FA... who to resign, who to let go. Bring it on.
Not to worry, Drew won't play on Sundays. Hell, he won't even make it to the NFL! I read it on the Internet by people who claim to know football and know football talent...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:38 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Difference is we weren't delusional about it. There are actually Donktards who are saying that Lock is a better QB option than Mahomes. That says it all. :-)
Yeah and those people are nuts... and totally unrealistic.

Jury is still out on the guy and he is playing behind a shit OL. It was his 3rd start and 2nd on the road. IIRC, only 2 QBs for Denver have won @ KC in December... Denver is like 3-16 or 3-19 @ KC in December lifetime.

I didn't get too crazy with the win @ HOU and I'm certainly not going to say he's a bust after the loss yesterday.

I think he can be a solid starter in the NFL... and am fine seeing this play out in 2020, given they focus the resourcs on OL and WR2. I would like to see them upgrade around him and see how it goes.

They didn't lose yesterday because of Lock.
[Reply]
TEX 11:51 AM 12-16-2019
Yeah and those people are nuts... and totally unrealistic.

Jury is still out on the guy and he is playing behind a shit OL. It was his 3rd start and 2nd on the road. IIRC, only 2 QBs for Denver have won @ KC in December... Denver is like 3-16 or 3-19 @ KC in December lifetime.

I didn't get too crazy with the win @ HOU and I'm certainly not going to say he's a bust after the loss yesterday.

I think he can be a solid starter in the NFL... and am fine seeing this play out in 2020, given they focus the resourcs on OL and WR2. I would like to see them upgrade around him and see how it goes.

They didn't lose yesterday because of Lock.
I agree for the most part. Lock played well on the road in Houston. Can't take anything away form him there. He took exactly what HOU gave him and hung them out to dry. However, I'm not convinced that he can be as solid of a starter that Denver is going to need. I guess "we'll see." :-)
[Reply]
TEX 12:04 PM 12-16-2019
Hey Bronco Steven (Kranz), since you like living in the past so much, here you go:

Originally Posted by :
After losing 23-3 in a snow-filled game in Kansas City, the Broncos will finish with a losing record for the third straight year. The last time this happened was 1972, when Denver was in the midst of 10 straight sub-.500 seasons.
You're still on course. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:14 PM 12-16-2019
I agree for the most part. Lock played well on the road in Houston. Can't take anything away form him there. He took exactly what HOU gave him and hung them out to dry. However, I'm not convinced that he can be as solid of a starter that Denver is going to need. I guess "we'll see." :-)
Definitely. And, he needs a few more playmakers around him and a better OL which has been the case for years. He was playing against a stacked deck yesterday, all things considered.

Just needs some time and experience with Sutton and Fant, get another WR2 in there and fix the OL. Get that done and the kid can prove what he's worth.

All that said, my expectation is for them to win the next two in Denver vs th Lions and Raiders. Sure, it doesn't help the draft position, but I don't believe in playing for that. Let's see what they can do with the young guys.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:30 PM 12-16-2019
Hey Bronco Steven (Kranz), since you like living in the past so much, here you go:

-Losing defensive playmakers because they don't want to play for a loser anymore

-Young, super raw QB without a decent QB mind offensive coach anywhere to be found on the staff

-No ownership

-Drunken horse making the selections on draft day

Hard to see Denver doing much of anything for another couple of seasons.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:36 PM 12-16-2019
I believe the AFC West record for consecutive wins in a rivalry series goes to the Raiders rattling off 14 straight against Denver from 1965-1971. If it weren't for a tie that happened in 1964, they would have had 18 straight wins.

Still, 14 isn't very far away for the Chiefs. That's three more seasons of Denver sweeps when we have the best QB in the NFL and Denver has zero direction, and we'll break the record. In the age of parity in the league, that's not something you see very often.

Maybe Denver will get lucky and they'll get KC in a Week 17 matchup when Andy chooses to rest all of the starters again to get them ready for the playoffs. That might be their only hope.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 12:41 PM 12-16-2019

Isn't that SB50 T-shirt still comforting him?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:51 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I believe the AFC West record for consecutive wins in a rivalry series goes to the Raiders rattling off 14 straight against Denver from 1965-1971. If it weren't for a tie that happened in 1964, they would have had 18 straight wins.

Still, 14 isn't very far away for the Chiefs. That's three more seasons of Denver sweeps when we have the best QB in the NFL and Denver has zero direction, and we'll break the record. In the age of parity in the league, that's not something you see very often.

Maybe Denver will get lucky and they'll get KC in a Week 17 matchup when Andy chooses to rest all of the starters again to get them ready for the playoffs. That might be their only hope.
Yeah, those records in the 60s... don't matter much to me, I wasn't around until 1971 and didn't start paying attention to Denver until 1984. Denver was oh so terrible early on.

I didn't think the streak would reach 9, but we're here... I just don't see it going to 14. 2020 will be 5 years since the SB win and while the last 3 seasons have been miserable, they're drafting better the last two years. Keep that streak going and it won't reach 14.

Denver and KC haven't split a season series since 2015, breaking the Broncos win streak at the time. Prior to Manning, it was a split more often than not in 2011 and before. Denver won 7 - the split - and KC has run it up to 9.
[Reply]
TEX 05:05 PM 12-16-2019
Yeah, those records in the 60s... don't matter much to me, I wasn't around until 1971 and didn't start paying attention to Denver until 1984. Denver was oh so terrible early on.

I didn't think the streak would reach 9, but we're here... I just don't see it going to 14. 2020 will be 5 years since the SB win and while the last 3 seasons have been miserable, they're drafting better the last two years. Keep that streak going and it won't reach 14.

Denver and KC haven't split a season series since 2015, breaking the Broncos win streak at the time. Prior to Manning, it was a split more often than not in 2011 and before. Denver won 7 - the split - and KC has run it up to 9.
Oh oh, now you did it. BANK on 14! :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:28 PM 12-16-2019
Watching Drew Lock on Sunday brought me to one conclusion: Drew is probably the best QB the Broncos have had on the field since Manning.

Not saying he's the next Manning or anything like that, just that he's closer to a real NFL QB than anything they've had in awhile. Maybe he never becomes better than Alex Smith, but an Alex clone would be a huge step up from what DEN has been fielding so far.

And then the second conclusion: in all likelihood the Broncos coaching staff will find a way to ruin this guy. His only hope is that DEN finds a top-10 OC/QB whisperer and train him up correctly before he develops every bad habit in the book, before Fangio and co. turn him into yet another Trevor/Osweiler/etc.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:31 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Watching Drew Lock on Sunday brought me to one conclusion: Drew is probably the best QB the Broncos have had on the field since Manning.
Whoa whoa whoa. He still hasn't proven he's better than Trevor Semian.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:55 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Whoa whoa whoa. He still hasn't proven he's better than Trevor Semian.
Didn't say that he's proven anything yet. Just that it's probable that he's got more upside than Trevor et al.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:23 PM 12-16-2019
Yep. Good one at that... Deal is though, many are taking it seriously and were picking Lock. THAT'S the FUNNY part! :-)
Yeah he wound up trolling Donk fans. Hilarious how many apparently took it seriously and were considering how Lock could be better than Pat. Anyone in need of a few laughs and to see how delusional Donk are, go check it out. Lockapalooza!
[Reply]
Page 2439 of 4830
« First < 1439193923392389242924352436243724382439 244024412442244324492489253929393439 > Last »
Up