ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1679 of 2688
« First < 679117915791629166916751676167716781679 168016811682168316891729177921792679 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:13 PM 10-02-2019
What is really impressive is how he is handling the pressure. He' remaining calm, focused, driven, while being humble . I think that has as much to do with people jumping on the Mahomes bandwagon in addition to his record setting performances
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:16 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Sure - but it's still going to be hard to be accurate throwing it like that.
Did you watch the chiefs last season at all?

He throws like that all the time. It was the knock in college. He was OFF last week. His downfield accuracy was off all game. It's rare,but it happens to the best QB's. Guys have BAD games. Most of the time he does that same shit and drops strikes and rather than nitpicking his mechanics people say "look at how ****ing crazy this is".

Footwork shmootwork. He had a bad game. 300 yards. 27 offensive points. 2 minute game winning drive.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:19 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

He throws like that all the time. It was the knock in college. He was OFF last week. His downfield accuracy was off all game. It's rare,but it happens to the best QB's. Guys have BAD games. Most of the time he does that same shit and drops strikes and rather than nitpicking his mechanics people say "look at how ****ing crazy this is".

Footwork shmootwork. He had a bad game. 300 yards. 27 offensive points. 2 minute game winning drive.
You are talking to someone who literally knows nothing about anything.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:21 PM 10-02-2019

Couldn’t have said it better. We needed a game like this to see how Patrick would react when so many things weren’t going well. The all time greats figure out a way to win under shitty circumstances.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:35 PM 10-02-2019

Even guys with the best mechanics have awful games. See Brady this past weekend. See Brees last year towards the end of the regular season when he looked unstoppable for MVP earlier in the year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:36 PM 10-02-2019
It was a lesson I learned when I was young. Jordan was obviously special. Barry Sanders... would we see another like him? We still haven't. When you think a new kind of special can't exist, it suddenly does.

Mahomes is the type of player, chief or not, I'd appreciate being able to watch. I'll pay money to watch THIS GUY. Few players I can say that about.

Not only is he legitimately THAT caliber of player but he's one of ours. I waited a long time, as a chiefs fan, for this roller coaster. I can't wait. We've merely made it through the prelude (the young upstart is thwarted by darth hoodie and Darth Brady) and we all know that's not how this saga ends.
Well, I mean, as near as we can tell that saga ends w/ the young jedi dying as an old man who was an abject failure and who's inability to control his emotions created a monster who is eventually responsible for the deaths of all his friends (but only after those friends live long, grueling and ultimately unfulfilling lives...)

Thanks again, The Last Jedi. You fucking suck.
[Reply]
-King- 08:44 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
This theory doesn't make sense even coming from Mahomes himself. For all he knows, a flag thrown could be defensive holding or defensive hands to the face on the DL or any other DL penalties. Unless the umpire specially motions that's it's a offensive penalty Mahomes would have no way of knowing and should run the play out regardless.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:49 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
This theory doesn't make sense even coming from Mahomes himself. For all he knows, a flag thrown could be defensive holding or defensive hands to the face on the DL or any other DL penalties. Unless the umpire specially motions that's it's a offensive penalty Mahomes would have no way of knowing and should run the play out regardless.
But if the ref was blowing the whistle/going for his whistle, then Pat would know that the play was over. And there had already been a play that was blown dead, but the crowd was so loud that no one on the field heard it.

Besides, why would Pat make up a story about it?
[Reply]
-King- 08:51 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
But if the ref was blowing the whistle/going for his whistle, then Pat would know that the play was over. And there had already been a play that was blown dead, but the crowd was so loud that no one on the field heard it.

Besides, why would Pat make up a story about it?
Why would the play be blown dead?
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:54 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why would the play be blown dead?
Some offensive penalty? False start, Illegal motion, etc.
[Reply]
-King- 08:56 PM 10-02-2019
Some offensive penalty? False start, Illegal motion, etc.
The only penalty that would force the refs to blow the play dead would be false start. They'd let them play on on all other penalties. So what he said still doesn't make sense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:12 PM 10-02-2019
Whatever. My point was, that it's possible that the crowd noise was loud enough that Mahomes just checked over his shoulder to verify that the ref wasn't blowing the whistle, which would mean a dead play.

It was the end of the game, everyone's a little gassed, and he didn't want to run 40 yards if he didn't have to. Simple.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:25 PM 10-02-2019
Whatever. My point was, that it's possible that the crowd noise was loud enough that Mahomes just checked over his shoulder to verify that the ref wasn't blowing the whistle, which would mean a dead play.

It was the end of the game, everyone's a little gassed, and he didn't want to run 40 yards if he didn't have to. Simple.
The run happened in the first quarter lol
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:27 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
The run happened in the first quarter lol
Are you certain? I thought that play happened during the final drive?
[Reply]
-King- 09:31 PM 10-02-2019
Are you certain? I thought that play happened during the final drive?
Happened on our 2nd drive of the first quarter.
[Reply]
Page 1679 of 2688
« First < 679117915791629166916751676167716781679 168016811682168316891729177921792679 > Last »
Up