ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1123 of 3903
« First < 12362310231073111311191120112111221123 112411251126112711331173122316232123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:32 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Yeah the guy trying to comfort a friend is the piece of shit here...

I think you have it backwards.

No one needed your point. I think we all fucking know it’s an option.

The only worthless motherfucker here is you. As always. Piece of shit I’d add in too honestly.

Now either take it to pms or shut the fuck to about it. Here’s not really the place
stumppy took my point just as offered and intended. I'd wager stevie appreciated my point.

But you, as always, have to butt into the conversations of others with your godawful takes.

Telling someone they're worried about the future that everything always works out perfectly fine and dandy, in the middle of an unprecedented pandemic, isn't the comfort you might think. That's the point, and it's a better point than anything you've offered up here, and it was received just fine, for the people it was intended.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:32 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Grow up.
Go fuck yourself, Canada boy. Boris is a shit human being.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:33 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
When leaders start dying is when problems are going to start
Good leaders never die.
[Reply]
O.city 02:33 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Good leaders never die.
Legends never die!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:34 PM 04-05-2020
Take the shit to DC please.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:35 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Legends never die!

[Reply]
Monticore 02:35 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Go **** yourself, Canada boy. Boris is a shit human being.
You are making quite a the case for yourself there as well.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:36 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Boris Johnson hospitalized
Damn virus is the worst kind of equalizer.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:37 PM 04-05-2020
:-)

The irony.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:40 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I don't have a clue if my career is even going to come back at this point. I celebrate 25 years in June, and had works on the books.
Do you commission smaller works? Could you do custom work where someone sends in a photo that they want turned into a piece to be hung on a wall? Is there any way you could set up an online storefront in the interim?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:41 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

The irony.
Yep, I suck because I want to keep my employees financially stable and think it is stupid to hurt tens of millions of people to save a few thousand. Fuck me, right?
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:42 PM 04-05-2020

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:43 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
In reality little will change from this aside from people maybe doing things they should have been doing before like washing their hands and staying home when they don't feel good. What else is really going to change? Bars and gyms and theaters going to limit crowds to 50 people and keep everyone 6ft apart?

I am not sure what is going to change compared to things that changed with say 9/11?
I think it likely will have as long lasting effects as 911 or the 2008-2009 financial crisis.

I don't want to get banned and I have given up on trying to have discussions in DC. But let me throw out some things hopefully in a neutral enough manner:

Even in a super optimistic scenario, where we get things under control in 4 to 6 weeks and can slowly open things up without another surge:

The Feds are pumping $2 trillion into the economy. The Feds are going to be more tied up in the economy than they have before. That won't disappear overnight. After 2009 the Feds were far more involved with the large banks than they were before. To take just one example, the Feds are going to be far more involved with Boeing and the airline industry than they were pre-pandemic.

A lot of small businesses probably won't make it. There is going to be more consolidation in the economy. Chipotle isn't going out of business. The local mom and pop restaurant might.

And it gets worse the worse the pandemic is. It could be that even if you recover from the virus, you can get it again a year later. It remains to be seen how long the anti-body response lasts. They tend to fade with time. The virus might mutate so you can get a new strain. Mutation would make a vaccine much harder.

So the economic hit could be far worse.

The people who graduated from college during the 2009 financial crisis are on track to have less lifetime earnings than people who came before or after. Some did fine, but there was a greater percentage of graduates who never got that important first job, or not as good of job, and their career ladder was never as lucrative.

After 2009 some older workers and marginal workers never rejoined the labor force. That can happen this time around also. After 2009 it took years for the economy to get back to pre-peak.

I think this is very likely for the current crisis.

Now that there has been a massive precedent for the Feds to keep things going during the pandemic, there will be calls to have the Feds do more during the next, garden-variety recession.

It may take a herculean effort to keep the virus under control. China and South Korea have clearly had some success with using phone data for contact tracing. If you take a subway in South Korea, and someone on that specific subway car (car, not train) later tests positive, you get notified that you may have been exposed.

In order to open the economy up, the US may decide that if you test positive, your phone data will officially be used to see who you had contact with like China and South Korea is doing. That would obviously be an expansion of the surveillance state.

More office workers are likely to continue working from home. We may switch to mail in ballots for November and keep doing that afterwards. I could come up with plenty more ways life might never be the same.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:43 PM 04-05-2020
Yep, I suck because I want to keep my employees financially stable and think it is stupid to hurt tens of millions of people to save a few thousand. Fuck me, right?
And Boris Johnson caused that?
[Reply]
Donger 02:44 PM 04-05-2020
Currently at 21,237 new cases. 1,052 deaths.

Yesterday was 34,196 and 1,331 deaths.
[Reply]
Page 1123 of 3903
« First < 12362310231073111311191120112111221123 112411251126112711331173122316232123 > Last »
Up