ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1122 of 3903
« First < 12262210221072111211181119112011211122 112311241125112611321172122216222122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 02:07 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Hey! I didn't say would be a long successful one.:-)
Hard to be successful dead. ( and I’ll argue his life was a success to many) Morris was successful after football iirc.

Berry was definitely successful
[Reply]
stumppy 02:09 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Maybe I missed stumppy's. I thought he said talented people will always have a career, but it appears that he secretly said that talented people will usually make at least a little money.

I'm not being strident on the point, but the sentiment is silly when you figure in that time marches on and things fall apart. Tomorrow is [and has never been] promised to us. So when worrying about the effects of big changes, a blanket 'don't worry, everything will eventually be fine' is just as pollyannish as the dour predictions are overly dismal.
Maybe I could have been a bit more specific in my sentiment. I wasn't :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:14 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Hard to be successful dead. ( and I’ll argue his life was a success to many) Morris was successful after football iirc.

Berry was definitely successful
And stevie has been successful. He was worried about being successful tomorrow . . .

Jesus, this is going to turn into one of those subjects I'm not all that invested in, until people decide to be pointedly obtuse about it, isn't it?
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:17 PM 04-05-2020
And stevie has been successful. He was worried about being successful tomorrow . . .

Jesus, this is going to turn into one of those subjects I'm not all that invested in, until people decide to be pointedly obtuse about it, isn't it?
Those guys are still successful. Berry will be a success his whole life. For generations probably.
Like I said you wanted to shit on something so you did.

Good for you
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:18 PM 04-05-2020
Oh I completely understood you were just trying to shit all over it. No need for an explanation
You lot complain and complain about people being overly pessimistic. And I agree. But overly pollyannish can [and decidedly IS, I can attest] just as irritating, because it sends a signal that some STILL aren't prepared to face the worst.

Saying 'just lounge around the house a few days, and everything will go back to normal' is just as damaging as saying 'we may never gather in groups of more than 5 again in anyone's lifetime.'

It says that when those 'few days' are up, a lot of people will JUST THEN be coming to grips to something others have been preparing themselves for all this time. And we'll have an ALL NEW wave of panic of 'wait, I thought everyone said!!'
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:21 PM 04-05-2020
You lot complain and complain about people being overly pessimistic. And I agree. But overly pollyannish can [and decidedly IS, I can attest] just as irritating, because it sends a signal that some STILL aren't prepared to face the worst.

Saying 'just lounge around the house a few days, and everything will go back to normal' is just as damaging as saying 'we may never gather in groups of more than 5 again in anyone's lifetime.'
You lot?

Shut the fuck up with that shit.

I haven’t complained about anything.

You just needed to be a piece of shit just because I guess...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:21 PM 04-05-2020
Those guys are still successful. Berry will be a success his whole life. For generations probably.
Like I said you wanted to shit on something so you did.

Good for you
It needed shitting on.
[Reply]
TLO 02:21 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
They promised an update on their model yesterday. Now they've deleted the messages that stated an update was coming April 4th

Something strange going on
And just to follow up on this, their projection was for 40,000+ people to be hospitalized with covid today. The actual number is under 15,000.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:22 PM 04-05-2020
You lot?

Shut the fuck up with that shit.

I haven’t complained about anything.

You just needed to be a piece of shit just because I guess...
Fuck off, you are always such an abrasive piece of shit.

Worthless motherfucker

I make a short point that needed to be made in a concise and polite manner, and you turned it into a full blown battle royale, with escalating epithets.
[Reply]
O.city 02:25 PM 04-05-2020
Boris Johnson hospitalized
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:27 PM 04-05-2020
Fuck off, you are always such an abrasive piece of shit.

Worthless motherfucker

I make a short point that needed to be made in a concise and polite manner, and you turned it into a full blown battle royale, with escalating epithets.
Yeah the guy trying to comfort a friend is the piece of shit here...

I think you have it backwards.

No one needed your point. I think we all fucking know it’s an option.

The only worthless motherfucker here is you. As always. Piece of shit I’d add in too honestly.

Now either take it to pms or shut the fuck to about it. Here’s not really the place
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:28 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Good
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:28 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
When leaders start dying is when problems are going to start
[Reply]
Monticore 02:29 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Good
Grow up.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:31 PM 04-05-2020
"Escalating Epithets" would be a great band name.
[Reply]
Page 1122 of 3903
« First < 12262210221072111211181119112011211122 112311241125112611321172122216222122 > Last »
Up