ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 68
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>QB Impressions
Direckshun 12:25 AM 01-03-2017
First glances at several QBs we're going to give a shit about over the next four months. Feel free to set me straight.

DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
6'4", 230 lbs
26-9 TD-INT, 59%, 2925 passing yards

I get a Cutlerian vibe from this guy. Seems to be built like a franchise QB. Powerful arm, some beautiful passes, perfect bodytype. But he is lacking an "it" factor, is he not? He's not a world-beating, overcome-the-odds, particularly spiriting QB. Looks like he could have an okay career in the NFL in which he wins nothing of consequence.

Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
6'3", 220 lbs
30-6 TD-INT, 69%, 3748 passing yards

Well if there was one Andy Reid QB in this entire draft, it's Trubisky, isn't it? Super accurate, doesn't take too many risks with the ball, is very mentally tough and very athletic. He's a slam dunk for the Chiefs to trade up for, if he lasts to the 20s, but in a QB-starved NFL with at least 6 new head coaches looking for their QB, there's no chance he lasts to us.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:32 AM 12-22-2017
You're going to have to trade up to get him. Good luck with that.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:53 AM 12-22-2017
Elway is on a mission, folks.

Broncos GM John Elway and top deputy Matt Russell attending Potato Bowl today in Boise. Wyoming QB Josh Allen is game’s featured player. #9sports

— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) December 22, 2017

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:30 PM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Elway is on a mission, folks.

Elway is gonna draft another bust in the 1st round sounds like.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12-22-2017, 02:43 PM
This message has been deleted by Quesadilla Joe. Reason: blasphemers
Quesadilla Joe 03:31 PM 12-22-2017
Two TD passes on four completions for Allen so far...

[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 03:44 PM 12-22-2017

Six completions, three TD's.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 03:58 PM 12-22-2017

Is six completions with three touchdowns good? pic.twitter.com/Z38iZZV5oN

— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) December 22, 2017

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:58 PM 12-22-2017
Ah yes, MOAR lukewarm Elway-Dungver QB bust action!

MAKE IT RAIN, JOHNNY-BOY!

:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:25 PM 01-01-2018
1. Rosen
-Big Gap-
2. Darnold
3. Jackson
4. Mayfield
-Another Gap-
5. Allen
-Grand Canyon-
The rest

Rosen is the only QB I'd really feel comfortable about starting early and being able to win. Too bad for the Browns that I think he'll refuse to be a Brown.

Jackson has great natural talent and I think is capable of being an NFL QB, Bobby Petrino has no interest in teaching those skills. If the Chiefs didn't go Mahomes, I'd of liked to have seen what Andy could do with Lamar.

Darnold needs to go back to school another year and work on a lot of issues, but has enough natural arm talent to still go early.

I don't know if I like how Mayfield will translate and Josh Allen :-)
[Reply]
Black Bob 09:48 PM 01-01-2018
Mayfield is an arrogant prick. He's Jeff George waiting to happen.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:54 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
Mayfield is an arrogant prick. He's Jeff George waiting to happen.
Kind of like you
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:01 PM 01-02-2018
From Eric Galko...

Originally Posted by :
Two teams to watch in a Rosen trade-up are the Bills and Chargers.
Originally Posted by :
It’s possible (but not likely) that the Browns will want to draft him in the top five. But Mayfield has plenty of fans around the NFL. He’s a lot more like Russell Wilson and Drew Brees than Johnny Manziel, and NFL teams firmly believe that. Nearly every team in the top 14 will be interested, led by the Broncos or Redskins (whichever doesn’t sign Kirk Cousins), Bills (in a trade-up), Jets and Browns. It’d be a surprise if he drops below the top 14 picks.
Originally Posted by :
Quarterback/team pairing predictions based on what I’ve heard: Rosen-Giants, Mayfield-Redskins or Broncos, Allen-Steelers, Jackson-Jets, Rudolph-Chargers, White-Bills, Luke Falk-Patriots, Kyle Lauletta-Packers.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...v130v4xuwokguq
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:08 PM 01-02-2018
Mayfield and Brees are virtually nothing alike. And that’s not a knock on Mayfield. I actually think he could be a pretty good pro. He at least has as good of chance as anybody. It’s not like Manziel who everyone outside the state of Ohio (and Hog Farmer) knew would fail
[Reply]
Mecca 02:54 PM 01-03-2018
Draft Josh Allen go ahead, he has a less than 60% completion rate and the history of those guys is bad, very bad.
[Reply]
Bewbies 04:16 PM 01-03-2018
Did Mayfield ever throw into tight windows? During the Rose Bowl he looked super accurate when the guys were wide open, but missed a lot of guys when they weren't.

Admittedly, I haven't watched him much, the douche is just too much to take.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:02 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Mayfield and Brees are virtually nothing alike. And that’s not a knock on Mayfield. I actually think he could be a pretty good pro. He at least has as good of chance as anybody. It’s not like Manziel who everyone outside the state of Ohio (and Hog Farmer) knew would fail
Manziel had more talent than most of the QBs in the NFL right now. His problem was between the ears, and you can't fix stupid.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 68
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Up