ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>In case you want to feel disrespected
Kiimo 04:27 PM 09-15-2020
It isn't easy to find disrespect these days, most have finally woken up about what we've been saying since the Chiefs drafted Mahomes.

Well I found precisely ONE power ranking that doesn't have the Chiefs #1.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-r...053847579.html

HOW DARE YOU

Send rage

Put it on the chalkboard

We're the new Patriots

[Reply]
DRM08 11:40 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
The vibe around Ravens-Chiefs feels similar to early Colts-Pats. Everyone knew Pats were better but people had to talk up Manning despite his epic playoff chokes. It took a very long time before they started beating the Pats who already had three rings by then. But the key was that Pats got the 1 or 2 playoff seeds regularly so Manning would destruct even before he got to play the Pats. It also helps that we don't have a Pittsburgh in the AFCW while we are looking at 6-0 even before the season starts. It will be interesting to see if Lamar even wins the division consistently.
I've seen Lamar fans that think he's Michael Jordan due to his electric athleticism (similar to when MJ looked like an absolute freak in the mid to late 1980's) and when he finally breaks through in the playoffs, it will be an avalanche of dominant success.

I think they underestimate Mahomes. If Larry Bird was an obstacle for early Jordan, Bird was also old and broken down by the time Jordan started winning big. Mahomes is a more talented and younger version of Bird. He's extremely skilled with insane vision and hand-eye coordination like Bird was and he also has very similar leadership ability and competitive drive to Bird. But he's got more athleticism in his game. Can he run like Lamar? No, but his scrambling ability is good enough to keep plays alive and torch any defense (no matter how good they are). And Pat is young as hell. He will be in Lamar's way for a long, long time.

I think your Peyton & Brady comparison is a pretty good one. From a physical gift standpoint, Mahomes is a lot more talented than Brady and Lamar is a lot more talented than Manning. The only wild card here is that Lamar has the far younger coach on his side over the long haul. Not sure how long Andy will keep going, and who knows how good the replacement will be when the time comes.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:44 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
I'm not clicking through this shit, **** you for posting this clickbait shit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thank you for posting this add to ignore shit

Thanks for letting us know what device you use to post your useless garbage opinions

Fuck you
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:44 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I've seen Lamar fans that think he's Michael Jordan due to his electric athleticism (similar to when MJ looked like an absolute freak in the mid to late 1980's) and when he finally breaks through in the playoffs, it will be an avalanche of dominant success.

I think they underestimate Mahomes. If Larry Bird was an obstacle for early Jordan, Bird was also old and broken down by the time Jordan started winning big. Mahomes is a more talented and younger version of Bird. He's extremely skilled with insane vision and hand-eye coordination like Bird was and he also has very similar leadership ability and competitive drive to Bird. But he's got more athleticism in his game. Can he run like Lamar? No, but his scrambling ability is good enough to keep plays alive and torch any defense (no matter how good they are). And Pat is young as hell. He will be in Lamar's way for a long, long time.

I think your Peyton & Brady comparison is a pretty good one. From a physical gift standpoint, Mahomes is a lot more talented than Brady and Lamar is a lot more talented than Manning. The only wild card here is that Lamar has the far younger coach on his side over the long haul. Not sure how long Andy will keep going, and who knows how good the replacement will be when the time comes.
I'll go on record right now, I have no reservations.

Pat will play at least 5 more seasons than Jackson.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:50 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I saw Josh Briscoe was upset about the Chiefs running the ball so much the other day. I love to watch Pat make plays with his arm as much as anyone, but you know what I would love more than anything? For him to avoid taking too many hits. It would be awesome if Patrick could play to age 45 like Brady. A strong OL and run game can really take some of the pressure off Mahomes, so I loved seeing Clyde and the OL perform like they did on Thursday.

Jaguars game last year is the one I always think about. Mahomes torched them in the air, but he took a ton of big hits. Pass rush was on him pretty quick in that game. I much rather see the Chiefs have a more balanced offense like we saw last Thursday and help prevent those type of big hits to Mahomes' body. As long as they are winning, that is the only thing that matters. Lamar can have all the regular season awards and fancy stats like Peyton.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 09-16-2020
I saw Josh Briscoe was upset about the Chiefs running the ball so much the other day. I love to watch Pat make plays with his arm as much as anyone, but you know what I would love more than anything? For him to avoid taking too many hits. It would be awesome if Patrick could play to age 45 like Brady. A strong OL and run game can really take some of the pressure off Mahomes, so I loved seeing Clyde and the OL perform like they did on Thursday.

Jaguars game last year is the one I always think about. Mahomes torched them in the air, but he took a ton of big hits. Pass rush was on him pretty quick in that game. I much rather see the Chiefs have a more balanced offense like we saw last Thursday and help prevent those type of big hits to Mahomes' body. As long as they are winning, that is the only thing that matters. Lamar can have all the regular season awards and fancy stats like Peyton.
:-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:53 AM 09-16-2020

Harbaugh bragging about his idiot QB almost getting a concussion from three angles missed by half a second on this play.

A reporter asked John Harbaugh if he would’ve liked to see Lamar Jackson run out of bounds on the play below.

Harbaugh: Who took the hit on the play?

Reporter: ... I have to go back and watch it again. pic.twitter.com/h9MlYvDXfQ

— Sarah Ellison (@sgellison) September 14, 2020

One day soon these misses are going to be hits and he's going to get scrambled eggs
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:56 AM 09-16-2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
One day soon these misses are going to be hits and he's going to get scrambled eggs
Yep. He's slippery, I get that. But he's not going to make them miss every time.

With his body type and frame, one awkward hit and he's done for.

And like I said, even if his body can hold up, he has 21 rushing fumbles already in 2 seasons but only 4 lost. The ball isn't always going to bounce his way.

It's just like the fact they had so few injuries last year. They're a REALLY GOOD team, I get that. But they've literally had EVERYTHING go their way so far.

Pat was out 3 games and the Chiefs won the Super Bowl. The Ravens had the stars align and got beaten like a red-headed stepchild by a Martyball team.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:11 PM 09-16-2020
Yep. He's slippery, I get that. But he's not going to make them miss every time.

With his body type and frame, one awkward hit and he's done for.

And like I said, even if his body can hold up, he has 21 rushing fumbles already in 2 seasons but only 4 lost. The ball isn't always going to bounce his way.

It's just like the fact they had so few injuries last year. They're a REALLY GOOD team, I get that. But they've literally had EVERYTHING go their way so far.

Pat was out 3 games and the Chiefs won the Super Bowl. The Ravens had the stars align and got beaten like a red-headed stepchild by a Martyball team.
To your point about the bad bounces on fumbles, I believe there was a Lamar fumble recovered by Titans in the playoff game if I am remembering it right. He had about 5 turnovers in that game when you include failed attempts to run the ball with him on 4th and short.

Probably the biggest knock I have on Lamar is that he sort of pouted on the bench during that playoff game, while Mahomes was firing up his teammates. Baltimore was never down 24-0 in their game. The difference in leadership is pretty striking. Lamar fans say he's an incredible leader. Maybe that's true most of the time, but the camera footage we saw on the sideline of that Titans playoff game looked pretty bad to me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. One of the more underrated things about Patrick is his enormously positive attitude at all times. He lost a ton of ballgames in college and always remained very positive/supportive of his teammates & coaches. In a way, all those shootout losses in college were great preparation for the adversity you deal with in the NFL.

It's not always going to be perfect. But he finds a way to remain positive and influences his teammates. As a result, KC has always managed to scratch and claw their way back into ballgames even when they get off to a rough start.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:12 PM 09-16-2020
Same as it was for every running qb. There will be defenses that can contain you (like kc used to do to Vick). There will be games where you have to play catchup or when the opposing team forces you to play outside your gameplan (for Baltimore it's run it down your throat on long brutal drives). Steve Young overcame that. I have not seen lamar do this consistently

These qbs may dominate for the majority of games. But they aren't built to consistently win in big games. I'll take our guy any day of the week
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:18 PM 09-16-2020
To your point about the bad bounces on fumbles, I believe there was a Lamar fumble recovered by Titans in the playoff game if I am remembering it right. He had about 5 turnovers in that game when you include failed attempts to run the ball with him on 4th and short.

Probably the biggest knock I have on Lamar is that he sort of pouted on the bench during that playoff game, while Mahomes was firing up his teammates. Baltimore was never down 24-0 in their game. The difference in leadership is pretty striking. Lamar fans say he's an incredible leader. Maybe that's true most of the time, but the camera footage we saw on the sideline of that Titans playoff game looked pretty bad to me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. One of the more underrated things about Patrick is his enormously positive attitude at all times. He lost a ton of ballgames in college and always remained very positive/supportive of his teammates & coaches. In a way, all those shootout losses in college were great preparation for the adversity you deal with in the NFL.

It's not always going to be perfect. But he finds a way to remain positive and influences his teammates. As a result, KC has always managed to scratch and claw their way back into ballgames even when they get off to a rough start.
Yep. Great post.

It's the difference between playing on a perennial loser and playing for a former mid-major powerhouse and winning a Heisman Trophy. By the time Jackson entered the NFL, he had already won ELEVEN awards and was recognized as one of the best players in college football. He never really had to experience failure, definitely not the long spates of losing that Mahomes had to endure.

That Ravens team is built to shoot of the gate and dominate. When that doesn't happen, things get dicey quick for them.

Like I said before, Lamar threw up a couple of prayers against KC last year, one which was caught in spectacular fashion and the other resulting in a controversial DPI (that could have gone the other way), or that game isn't even close. KC was up 31-13 at the end of the 3rd.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:18 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Same as it was for every running qb. There will be defenses that can contain you (like kc used to do to Vick). There will be games where you have to play catchup or when the opposing team forces you to play outside your gameplan (for Baltimore it's run it down your throat on long brutal drives). Steve Young overcame that. I have not seen lamar do this consistently

These qbs may dominate for the majority of games. But they aren't built to consistently win in big games. I'll take our guy any day of the week
I couldn't believe that Falcons game when it happened in 2004. One of the worst NFL defenses I've ever seen against one of the most electrifying QBs I've ever seen. And they shut him the F down. I think we won 56-7 and before the game I figured it would be a 56-49 game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:24 PM 09-16-2020
The first thing I noticed last year (I was at the game) was how disciplined the DE's were. Despite the fact that the defense was suspect through the first 3 weeks and we now know in hindsight that Clark was hurting, the DE's stayed put and held the edge.

Jackson averaged 6.9ypc last year. The Chiefs in week 4 held him to 5.8ypc. The only thing that even kept them from getting completely blown out was that the Chiefs couldn't stop Ingram.

If the DT's can improve on giving up 16 carries for 103 yards to the RB1 and Spags' can do what he did last year, the Chiefs are going to crush them.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:28 PM 09-16-2020
Yep. Great post.

It's the difference between playing on a perennial loser and playing for a former mid-major powerhouse and winning a Heisman Trophy. By the time Jackson entered the NFL, he had already won ELEVEN awards and was recognized as one of the best players in college football. He never really had to experience failure, definitely not the long spates of losing that Mahomes had to endure.

That Ravens team is built to shoot of the gate and dominate. When that doesn't happen, things get dicey quick for them.

Like I said before, Lamar threw up a couple of prayers against KC last year, one which was caught in spectacular fashion and the other resulting in a controversial DPI (that could have gone the other way), or that game isn't even close. KC was up 31-13 at the end of the 3rd.
Another example is the AFC title game against Patriots. Mahomes had an awful first half against the GOAT defensive coach. At halftime, he allegedly told the team they would drop 30 on Belichick in the second half. And he went out there, played lights out in super freezing cold weather...dropped 30 on them just like he said he would. That same Belichick defense later held a 30 point per game Rams team to only 3 points total in the Super Bowl.

In my opinion, things did not look so hopeless for the Ravens at halftime against Tennessee like it did for Mahomes in that Patriots game. On top of Belichick's defense doing a great job, he also had to overcome a GOAT level QB for the Patriots against a terrible Chiefs defense. Lamar was going against friggin Ryan Tannehill, and that 2019 Baltimore defense was a lot better than the 2018 Chiefs defense. For whatever reason, Lamar and his teammates just could not get it figured out in the 2nd half.

If Lamar really is Michael Jordan like they say, then the clutch performances in the playoffs need to start happening very soon. Jordan dropped 60+ on the Celtics with no one supporting him in a losing effort early in his playoff career. Personally, I think Mahomes' performances against New England, Houston, Tennessee, and even the Niners look a hell of a lot more like Michael Jordan. The ability to flip a switch when things were going very bad. It's an extremely unique trait. We've seen it from Brady many times, including that GOAT level comeback on the Falcons. We've seen it from Rodgers many times. We've seen it from Mahomes quite a few times in his early career already.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 12:28 PM 09-16-2020
While people rave about how Lamar is improving as a passer they don't acknowledge enough about how Mahomes is also improving. He is already shedding some gunslinger traits and is starting to take whatever the defense is giving him. In a few years he would have seen every type of coverage and when combined with his work ethic, memory and recall, his team will be favored in every game.
For Lamar it is more important to get over the mental hump asap. The longer this goes on the more difficult it becomes. Even if his playing style does not change significantly the prospect of choking in the playoffs will weigh in more heavily than anything else.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up