ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Chargers
cmh6476 09:55 AM 09-11-2020
too soon? I don't think they beat the Bengals so they're going to be staring 0-2 in the face after next week. Never realized how much I was ready for football to start back up.

First they were saying Mike Williams might miss most of September, now he just has a questionable designation heading into Sunday?

Are they really going to go with the three-headed RB approach, or will Austin Ekeler handle the majority of work out of the backfield?

Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram should be a challenge, but our OL seemed to hold their own very well against the Texans pass rush.

The loss of Derwin James hurts. He's so versatile and the fact they don't have him around to move from S to LB to corner and kinda makes it feel like they've lost a starter at multiple positions, not just safety.

Will the Chargers have already moved on from Tyrod Taylor by week 2? Or are we going to have to wait until our first game in 2021 to get our first-hand look at Justin Hebert?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:20 PM 09-11-2020
Sammy is gonna eat again!!

No flex I am apart of something special I have some of the best teammates and coaches that just get it we on a mission not to just win but to make each other better humans and along the way create a positive change and outlook in the world we are the chiefs..! #LIMITLESS14

— King me (@sammywatkins) September 11, 2020

[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 01:21 PM 09-11-2020
Pouncey will be out for the first week, at least per. CBS Sports
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:23 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Another vanilla play calling game from Andy.

We'll win like 31-17 and it won't be as close as the final score indicates.

I don't think he wants to put anything on tape for Baltimore.

I feel like this first game we took the Ferrari (our offense) out of the garage, gave it a quick wax job in the driveway, then put it away. We never really got it going and put the pedal down. I think that might have been our Preseason playbook we used. We showed nothing especially the 4th quarter.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:25 PM 09-11-2020
I think I’d sit Ward out for this one. Worst case scenario if you end up in a shootout, the Chiefs still win that battle.
[Reply]
frozenchief 01:29 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Another vanilla play calling game from Andy.

We'll win like 31-17 and it won't be as close as the final score indicates.

I don't think he wants to put anything on tape for Baltimore.
Or New Orleans.

I think Andy is looking forward to the rest of this season and the playoffs. Nate Taylor said today that they showed very few new or complex plays compared to what he could see in practice. Yesterday's game very much had the sense of knocking the rust off, putting rookies through the paces and just finding a groove, not of putting the hammer down.

I expect that the Chargers game will be similar to last night's game. Chargers have a good defense - they've got Joey Bosa and their d-backs are formidable. But our O-line last night was a step up from last year and with CEH, teams either load the box to stop him or they empty the box to stop Mahomes. And we have not even seen CEH as a pass catcher. For the Chargers game, we can gauge how much Andy is hiding future game plans by seeing how much CEH gains receiving yards. The fewer receiving yards, the more he's hiding his future game plans.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:01 PM 09-11-2020
Tyrod will be running for his life. He can't throw worth a shit on the run either. SD will try and pound their running game on us, but will fall behind and not have an answer.

They will probably be like the Texans and keep running the clock for us when down by 3 scores, becasue they don't have any other option.

38 - 17 Chiefs
[Reply]
RunKC 02:14 PM 09-11-2020
These guys are going to fly on that new turf

We're excited to announce our exclusive partnership with @GoogleCloud today, powering SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park's digital innovation roadmap.https://t.co/3r5F12B1IU pic.twitter.com/VzMV6sFuYm

— SoFi Stadium (@SoFiStadium) September 11, 2020

[Reply]
Easy 6 02:37 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
These guys are going to fly on that new turf

Damn, that’s a beautiful venue... too bad we’re gonna burn it down
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:58 AM 09-14-2020
If it weren't for Randy Bullock pulling a hammy at the end, the Bengals tie the game and likely win. We're talking about a rookie QB in his first NFL action. You would think as much as everyone touts the Chargers defense, they would have caused more problems for Burrow.

I'm also not sure if the Bengals defense is any good or not, but the Chargers did this:

Punt
Punt
Punt
Turnover on Downs
Field Goal
Turnover on Downs
Field Goal
Missed Field Goal
Punt
Touchdown
Field Goal
Punt

It's almost like they can't figure out what to do with their three running backs. I'm sitting Ekeler in my fantasy leagues until further notice, because the Chargers just seem to want to get too cute. Also Tyrod Taylor doesn't seem to be a good fit for what they would like to accomplish on offense. You have strong receivers at the skill position and what seems to be a talented backfield. Might as well speed up the transition to Herbert, because otherwise you're just wasting the talent on this team.
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:02 AM 09-14-2020
Joe Burrow: 23/36 (64% completion pct.), throwing for 193 yards. Mixon 69 yards on 19 carries, while Burrow had 46 yards on 8 carries.

It's hard to get a read on the Bengals because unless you were really trying last year (like buying Sunday ticket and tuning in each week) you really didn't get a chance to see them play. If I had to guess though, they're going to be fighting Cleveland for the 3rd/ 4th place finish in the division. I don't see much chance for the Chargers to win next week.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:11 AM 09-14-2020
If the Chiefs score more than 17pts, it’s a W
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:15 AM 09-14-2020
the fake crowd noise will probably be accurate for this game. For as many times as they missed and cheered for the opposing teams yesterday, this would likely have been reality for this one.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:18 AM 09-14-2020
Just to point out an anomoly that happened yesterday...

Both So-FI Stadium teams (Rams/Chargers) received a questionable OPI in the final 30 seconds...Bengals had a game winning TD taken off, Cowboys had a completion removed that would have put them into scoring range.

Live announcers called both game-deciding penalties "ticky-tack"....

Cowboys also pulled a head-scratching move in a low scoring game...down 20-17 in the 4th, they went on 4-3 inside their own 10....passing on the chance to tie.

I cant think of a realistic scenario where you make that decision...if it were a shoot-out, where the last team with the ball might win, maybe.

Bengals kicker was 24/24 yet horribly shanked a last second FG that was essentially an extra point...
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:20 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Just to point out an anomoly that happened yesterday...

Both So-FI Stadium teams (Rams/Chargers) received a questionable OPI in the final 30 seconds...Bengals had a game winning TD taken off, Cowboys had a completion removed that would have put them into scoring range.

Announcers called them both "ticky-tack"....

Cowboys also pulled a head-scratching move in a low scoring game...down 20-17 in the 4th, they went on 4-3 inside their own 10....passing on the chance to tie.

Bengals kicker was 24/24 yet horribly shanked a last second FG that was essentially an extra point...
are you a conspiracy theorist?
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:34 AM 09-14-2020
It’s gonna be a bloodbath.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up