ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 190
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:45 AM 09-03-2020
Basically a 2 team race at this point. Winner of Clips/Lakers takes it all and the Lakers have a huge advantage there with AD.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:42 AM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Interesting. Hoping to copy Kerr's success?

:-) Stephen A threw a bitch fit and called it white privilege.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:54 AM 09-03-2020
Man - I'll argue every time against the 'the NBA sucks crowd...'

But then there's shit like this:

Spoiler!

Flop, dueling flops, flop, brick.

That's with one minute left in a deciding game 7. And EVERYONE is just trying to get to the line instead of trying to actually play basketball.

Just wow.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:00 AM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Stephen A threw a bitch fit and called it white privilege.
I didn't realize Nash was a player development coach with GSW. Definitely trying to replicate Kerr's success.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:01 AM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Spoiler!

That's with one minute left in a deciding game 7. And EVERYONE is just trying to get to the line instead of trying to actually play basketball.

Just wow.
Yeah it was bad and I commented at the time that alot of flopping was happening. Glad the refs didn't reward them for that bs.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:48 AM 09-03-2020

Spoiler!

Just wow.
Yeah. I was complaining in here about it.

There are better games out there. Yeah. Barf.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:58 AM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. I was complaining in here about it.

There are better games out there. Yeah. Barf.
Chris Paul's probably the easiest guy in the league to root against (non-Lebron division).

And Harden's only a little bit behind him.

Paul is the spiritual successor to Dwyane Wade and I couldn't stand that guy. That final they won (against Dallas?) with him just mindlessly bombing into the lane and waiting for the officials to bail him out (which they did) set basketball back 5 years.

And of course, guys like that are never willing to die by the sword. They expect every whistle and then bitch like schoolgirls if they don't get it or if a foul is called against them.

I cannot stand Chris Paul. The playoffs are better without him. Fortunately he's rarely in them for very long so it works out alright.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:44 AM 09-03-2020
76ers hiring Lue
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:45 AM 09-03-2020
Chris Paul's probably the easiest guy in the league to root against (non-Lebron division).

And Harden's only a little bit behind him.

Paul is the spiritual successor to Dwyane Wade and I couldn't stand that guy. That final they won (against Dallas?) with him just mindlessly bombing into the lane and waiting for the officials to bail him out (which they did) set basketball back 5 years.

And of course, guys like that are never willing to die by the sword. They expect every whistle and then bitch like schoolgirls if they don't get it or if a foul is called against them.

I cannot stand Chris Paul. The playoffs are better without him. Fortunately he's rarely in them for very long so it works out alright.
Hardin is worse IMO. That bullshit kickout thing he does makes my brain hurt. I spent a pile of time as a kid getting my lower body right on jump shots, which includes eliminating that very thing. It’s remarkable how much that little kick fucks your shot. I get that I’m not him - he’s fucking remarkable. But he’s plenty willing to actively fuck up his shot in order to maybe catch a tony bit of contact so he can flail and fall down.

And that’s before him just pounding the fuck out of the ball so he can wait until the defender lays down for a nap so he can go by him.

Hardins the better player. Paul is the better watch IMO.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:29 PM 09-03-2020

Spoiler!

Just wow.
Yeah, that was a bad sequence.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:39 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Hardin is worse IMO. That bullshit kickout thing he does makes my brain hurt. I spent a pile of time as a kid getting my lower body right on jump shots, which includes eliminating that very thing. It’s remarkable how much that little kick fucks your shot. I get that I’m not him - he’s fucking remarkable. But he’s plenty willing to actively fuck up his shot in order to maybe catch a tony bit of contact so he can flail and fall down.

And that’s before him just pounding the fuck out of the ball so he can wait until the defender lays down for a nap so he can go by him.

Hardins the better player. Paul is the better watch IMO.
They're both awful to watch. Hardin just doesn't seem to be such a crybaby bitch when he doesn't get the call (or when he's lobbying for one).

Maybe it's just the beard...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:48 PM 09-03-2020

Spoiler!

Just wow.
It's because it is rewarded by the refs. You probably didn't see the Marcus Smart flop (which was also rewarded until a challenge) the other day but behold:

Duuuuuude pic.twitter.com/2mGUGtTC2L

— Leigh Ellis (@LeighEllis) September 1, 2020

As I've maintained, the ability to sell the refs on calls has become an important skill in this league. Watch a Rockets game or a Celtics game and you'll see a lot of the offense is designed to try to get to the line even on jump shots.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:01 PM 09-03-2020
Steve Nash getting hired to be the first scapegoat for Durant and Kyrie when things go wrong there.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:07 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's because it is rewarded by the refs. You probably didn't see the Marcus Smart flop (which was also rewarded until a challenge) the other day but behold:

As I've maintained, the ability to sell the refs on calls has become an important skill in this league. Watch a Rockets game or a Celtics game and you'll see a lot of the offense is designed to try to get to the line even on jump shots.
Adopting the Eurotrash/Soccerization style of ball is the worst thing to happen to the NBA.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:10 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

The Soccerification of the NBA continues.

And seriously - these games look like McDonalds All-American high school all-star games.

Shit, they look stranger than that.

All the crap on their jerseys that make them look out of balance and nothing like an NBA jersey, the empty stands.

I could be watching euro-league games and it wouldn't be much different.

The weird schedule/start times have something to do with ratings being down but man, the cognitive dissonance watching these games is just remarkable. It does not 'look' like an NBA game and that absolutely impacts the viewing experience.

This season just cannot end quickly enough.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 190
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up