ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1009 of 3903
« First < 950990995999910051006100710081009 101010111012101310191059110915092009 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:27 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
March 1st - 1 total death
March 15 - 110 total deaths
April 1st - 5,100 total deaths

The trend is not great over the last few weeks, especially the last 7 days. Two days in a row over 900 deaths each day. If this is our new "norm" for awhile, it's gonna be ugly to watch this play out.
This is our new norm man and it's only going to get worse for a while before it tapers down. We're about to get a big awakening.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:27 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Not going to guess numbers but all those days we’ve had 15K-25K new cases is going to turn into 1,000-2,500 deaths a day. Unfortunately we’re going to have a few weeks of this.
Yep
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:30 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
111 are American citizens that are asymptomatic. 56 from Florida. They should be allowed off the ship immediately. Since when do we deny American citizens back into America? Are we that scared? Take a look around. The cats out of the bag, it’s everywhere.
People can be carriers while asymptomatic. Until they are proven a safe import, they can stay offshore and enjoy all the delights of a cruise.

Limit the exposure, limit the impact.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 10:30 PM 04-01-2020

31% day over day fatality growth rate for U.S.

Prediction accuracy over the past 19 days is 96.41% https://t.co/IH3HVmhTgv pic.twitter.com/Y9E9bIrY3i

— Chris (@ChrisTeso) April 1, 2020

[Reply]
DRM08 10:35 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
This is our new norm man and it's only going to get worse for a while before it tapers down. We're about to get a big awakening.
It's a bummer. :-)

Really hoping some of the drugs they are experimenting with can help slow it down.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:41 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
We lack a lot of ports in Missouri. So I have no real fear. But, NY, Fla, Washington, California have a lot and I could understand people there saying wait....we dont want the sick people here, we have enough.
They are not sick.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:44 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I had to stop at the very first question. I don't know where the hell my paperwork is with my census ID.
Not sure if serious but I think you can go on and fill it out by address without ID.

Of course, in a few weeks they will mail you again.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:47 PM 04-01-2020
111 are American citizens that are asymptomatic. 56 from Florida. They should be allowed off the ship immediately. Since when do we deny American citizens back into America? Are we that scared? Take a look around. The cats out of the bag, it’s everywhere.
I agree. It is already established enough that this isn't going to tip the scales.

Having them voluntary isolate is probably enough or give them an option for a more secure quarantine.

I think it is mostly politics and scapegoating.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:49 PM 04-01-2020
It just keeps getting better...

On Tuesday, doctors in Detroit reported another disturbing case involving a female airline worker in her late 50s with Covid-19. She was confused, and complained of a headache; she could tell the physicians her name but little else, and became less responsive over time. Brain scans showed abnormal swelling and inflammation in several regions, with smaller areas where some cells had died.

Physicians diagnosed a dangerous condition called acute necrotizing encephalopathy, a rare complication of influenza and other viral infections.

“The pattern of involvement, and the way that it rapidly progressed over days, is consistent with viral inflammation of the brain,” Dr. Elissa Fory, a neurologist with Henry Ford Health System, said through an email. “This may indicate the virus can invade the brain directly in rare circumstances.” The patient is in critical condition.

These domestic reports follow similar observations by doctors in Italy and other parts of the world, of Covid-19 patients having strokes, seizures, encephalitis-like symptoms and blood clots, as well as tingling or numbness in the extremities, called acroparesthesia. In some cases, patients were delirious even before developing fever or respiratory illness, according to Dr. Alessandro Padovani, whose hospital at University of Brescia in Italy opened a separate NeuroCovid unit to care for patients with neurological conditions.

A lot more at the link:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/h...gtype=Homepage
[Reply]
BossChief 10:53 PM 04-01-2020
Over half the deaths from NY and NJ.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:55 PM 04-01-2020
They are not sick.
Well now, you know thats a reach. Not sick? Or showing no signs of CV? Its not possible you can know.

Most people will land on the side of protecting the people on shore. And if those on a ship are inconvenienced by staying on board, we understand.

But Im not buying your conclusion they are not sick as you have no way to know.

Chopper out lots of great food and drink and keep the soft serve machine going.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:56 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
And to this day roughly 50% of the cases in the entire country are NY\NJ. Does that mean it won't spread elsewhere? No. But again those are the numbers that are proven.
It will stay in China.
It will stay in Asia.
It will stay in Italy.
It will stay in Europe.
It will stay in Washington.
It will stay in NY/NJ.

Probably not. It isn't going to kill everyone, but please adjust your expectations that this won't come to your community. It will come to every community that doesn't take the risk seriously.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:14 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
It will stay in China.
It will stay in Asia.
It will stay in Italy.
It will stay in Europe.
It will stay in Washington.
It will stay in NY/NJ.

Probably not. It isn't going to kill everyone, but please adjust your expectations that this won't come to your community. It will come to every community that doesn't take the risk seriously.
He's been downplaying it since it started and continues to downplay it by saying 'Most cases are in NJ/NY.' While what he says is true if other states weren't practicing social distancing they'd be in a terrible position right now and that's being nice about it.

Once the virus stops peaking some areas will be able to ease social distancing quicker than others but to act like the CoronaVirus is no big deal in most of USA other than NJ/NY is ridiculous. The virus can spread like a bat out of hell. It's not something to be taken lightly.

This isnt an NJ/NY problem this is a problem for the United States period.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:15 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He's been downplaying it since it started and continues to downplay it by saying 'Most cases are in NJ/NY.' While what he says is true if other states weren't practicing social distancing they'd be in a terrible position right now and that's being nice about it.

This isnt an NJ/NY problem this is a problem for the United States period.
he blocked me cause I said our numbers would be greater than italy at some point I was right.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:19 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
he blocked me cause I said our numbers would be greater than italy at some point I was right.
Right. A lot of ppl underestimated this and that's why we are in the position we currently are. To keep underestimating the virus is crazy.

We have to continue to practice social distancing every where not just NY/NJ.
[Reply]
Page 1009 of 3903
« First < 950990995999910051006100710081009 101010111012101310191059110915092009 > Last »
Up