ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 149
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:41 AM 07-11-2020

Royals’ three catchers on 40-man roster are out. Viloria is on IR, while Salvy and Gallagher have tested positive for COVID-19. Season starts in 13 days. pic.twitter.com/JmtXkdqAJJ

— Pete Grathoff (@pgrathoff) July 11, 2020

[Reply]
tk13 11:55 AM 07-11-2020
Yeah that's not good. He actually played in the game last night. This is going to be a good test to see how the team contains the virus.

Honestly, maybe for any sports team in any league... already seeing some buzz on Twitter about that.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:27 PM 07-13-2020
Live instrasquad baseball.

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:17 PM 07-13-2020

[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:53 AM 07-14-2020
Looks like Dini will handle the catching duties until Perez is cleared. Perez was quarantined fast enough and early enough that he's a decent bet to be back sooner rather than later. I've had friends where the virus ran its course in less than 2 weeks, especially with the asymptomatic (which I believe that applies to Salvy).
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:28 AM 07-14-2020

TV update: As I've reported before, FSKC will air 59 Royals games (deal nearly done). One exclusive national game on FOX -- Aug. 6 here vs. Cubs. Also will be some "co-exist" telecasts on FS1 (also on FSKC), including:

Aug. 22 vs Twins
Aug. 29 at White Sox
Sept. 24 vs Tigers

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) July 14, 2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:07 AM 07-14-2020
Two years ago today, our nightmare ended. Perhaps someday you too will feel such cause for joy.

For on this day, July 14th, 2018, Cardinal Nation declared our Independence from Mike Matheny.

We held these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal. Except for Mike Matheny, who was as useless as a bag of smashed assholes.

May the Royals see the error of their ways far sooner than Bill DeWitt did...
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:15 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Two years ago today, our nightmare ended. Perhaps someday you too will feel such cause for joy.

For on this day, July 14th, 2018, Cardinal Nation declared our Independence from Mike Matheny.

We held these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal. Except for Mike Matheny, who was as useless as a bag of smashed assholes.

We'll see. I didn't like the hire. However, he's saying all the right things that lead me to believe he's tried to learn from his mistakes and improve himself. As astonishing as it might be, people do change. People aren't enslaved to a "frozen in time" view we have of them. We'll see rather soon if that's the case with MM. For the Royals sake, I hope he's changed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:25 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
We'll see. I didn't like the hire. However, he's saying all the right things that lead me to believe he's tried to learn from his mistakes and improve himself. As astonishing as it might be, people do change. People aren't enslaved to a "frozen in time" view we have of them. We'll see rather soon if that's the case with MM. For the Royals sake, I hope he's changed.
All I can say to this is what I said for years when he was in STL. Mike Matheny's biggest problem is that he's just stupid. Matheny's an unintelligent guy. He's a dumb jock, same as many dumb jocks we've all known. But/for his ability to don the tools of ignorance behind the dish, he'd have a job with his nametag on his shirt.

And I've never meant that as mean as it sounds, it's just as a clinical statement - Mike Matheny is of well below average intelligence. I have heard that from others who have worked more closely with him as well and I believe Duncan has had similar experiences.

Now I'm not prepared to say that one needs to be truly smart to be an effective manager - it may not be a pre-requisite.

But man, it can't hurt. And if it IS a necessity, no amount of commitment to change will make a difference.

Matheny was a guy we all wanted to see succeed here. He was loved by the fanbase. But the more you see/hear him speak, the more you realize that the guy's just a dim bulb and there's only so much you can do with those raw materials.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:36 AM 07-14-2020
I don't know anything about his raw intelligence. If he's "less gifted" in that area, then hopefully a part of his improvement project was learning to listen and act on the advice of those more IQ gifted on his coaching and analytics staff.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:05 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
I don't know anything about his raw intelligence. If he's "less gifted" in that area, then hopefully a part of his improvement project was learning to listen and act on the advice of those more IQ gifted on his coaching and analytics staff.
That's what we need. A manager there to have others tell him what to do.

Sign me up for that shit, it can only end well.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:10 PM 07-14-2020
And like that, Perez has been activated.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...dor-perez.html
[Reply]
bsp4444 09:19 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Please note we had Eagles fans telling us how much we would end up hating Andy Reid. Go in with an open mind

and a short leash.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:33 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
Please note we had Eagles fans telling us how much we would end up hating Andy Reid. Go in with an open mind

and a short leash.
DJ isn't just some random Cards fan invading our board to talk shit on Matheny. He's a valued member and I trust him immensely
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:46 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by bsp4444:

and a short leash.
We also witnessed Matheny's idiocy and laughed at DJ from afar for it.

Karma must be kicking us in the nuts for that one.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 149
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105 > Last »
Up