ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 149
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:50 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Bring up Bobby Witt, Khalil Lee, Kowar, and Lynch. Let them get some experience. The only bad thing that might happen is they play better then who we have playing now. Im solidly at the point that im hoping we lose out. Get that #1 overall pick.
That was literally my take for Game 1.
[Reply]
cabletech94 04:56 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Only 1 1/2 games out of #1.
# team of destiny!!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:41 PM 08-30-2020
Bring up Bobby Witt, Khalil Lee, Kowar, and Lynch. Let them get some experience. The only bad thing that might happen is they play better then who we have playing now. Im solidly at the point that im hoping we lose out. Get that #1 overall pick.
I'd really like to see Khalil Lee but suspect we're going to see Olivares right away.

That's a lot of 40-man churn and starting of service time clocks unnecessarily.

I'll go bold prediction, though, and say I think we see all of them by midseason next year.

Not so bold on most of them, but that would be a really early promotion for Witt.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:44 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That was literally my take for Game 1.
Mine as well. I also think most guys spend too much time in the minors. With how good Bobby Witt is supposed to be he shouldn't need 4 years in the minors. Teams use the development thing to keep control of players. I think most players would play just fine, especially college guys. If rookies in the NFL can play good, then so can a baseball player
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:51 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Another shitty loss. Mondesi should be sent to the TBones camp. Let him sit the rest of the year. He's killing this team. For whatever reason, he's just not there this year.
We know he has talent. My only guess is that he mentally mailed it in once the season length got shortened and all the Covid stuff. Looks like he just don’t GAF this season.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:40 PM 08-30-2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:53 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
What are the padres doing :-)
[Reply]
tk13 09:09 PM 08-30-2020
Mine as well. I also think most guys spend too much time in the minors. With how good Bobby Witt is supposed to be he shouldn't need 4 years in the minors. Teams use the development thing to keep control of players. I think most players would play just fine, especially college guys. If rookies in the NFL can play good, then so can a baseball player
I don't know if it's actually funny, but I always find it hilarious how baseball fans want to rush prospects, while bashing the prospects who are already up getting experience.

In the Royals case, people want to rush Witt and see him up here to "get experience" even though he hasn't played above rookie ball, which is a horrible idea. While at the same time ripping a guy Mondesi to shreds. I mean Mondesi has been horrible this year, but there's a ways to go and he could probably use a day off but at this point we need to let him work through things.
[Reply]
tk13 09:18 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
They're certainly going wild for a short season where the playoffs are probably going to be a total crapshoot.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:27 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
AJ Preller has to make the postseason or another guy is going to reap the rewards of that system he built.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:29 PM 08-30-2020
Also while Taylor Trammel is a well thought of prospect. He's a Royals like prospect. All of his projection is based on athleticism and fielding. He to this point hasn't hit well in the minors.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 09:34 PM 08-30-2020
Yeah maybe Mondesi needs the Moose send-down treatment. Moose had entrenched in some terrible habits and that seemed to be really good for him long-term.
[Reply]
tk13 09:39 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Yeah maybe Mondesi needs the Moose send-down treatment. Moose had entrenched in some terrible habits and that seemed to be really good for him long-term.
That's the problem, they can't send him down... because they rushed him and he's out of options. He's just gonna have to fight through it. I think they should give him a couple days off at least to clear his head.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:40 PM 08-30-2020
I question if Mondesi is injured personally.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:12 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Also while Taylor Trammel is a well thought of prospect. He's a Royals like prospect. All of his projection is based on athleticism and fielding. He to this point hasn't hit well in the minors.
Padres fans aren’t melting down about Trammel atm, it’s the other pieces that were given for the return.
[Reply]
Page 105 of 149
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115 > Last »
Up