ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 39
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
O.city 09:02 PM 12-04-2019
Had a pretty interesting day today at the office. Morning was pretty normal, drill and fill, check hygiene, extract a tooth etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Pretty normal lunch. Trolled around on CP, ate an apple and a handful of wheat thins.

Then the afternoon hit.

I see inmates from the county jail here in town if they have a tooth ache or something, sheriff or deputy will call up and bring them up in shackles and the whole bit. It's not big deal, most of them are just happy to get out of pain and it's not a problem. So dude comes in, my assistant goes in to ask the normal "which tooth is bothering you, let me get an xray, blah blah". I was in the lab doing something so I wasn't really paying attention. She comes in and says "doc, you will need to come look at something" to which I responded "he need a tooth out, which tooth is hurting"?

"All of them". Huh, ok, weird response but lets go check it out. Sure enough, continued meth use pretty much causes things to not go so well intraorally, so he was pretty much decayed out and most teeth were broken off to the gumline (google meth mouth if you want to see it, i'm not messing with photos). Asked if I could extract all 26 teeth he had left in the 30 minute block we had on the schedule for him.

I laughed, said "nah, which one hurts the worst, we'll take that out". He pointed to one, I numbed it up, used an elevator to take it out, about 30 seconds worth of pressure and it was pretty lose. 2 teeth next to it are super mobile and infected (which starts draining as I get this one out, that smelt nice) so I told him he was getting 2 free extractions since he was already numb in that area and they were loose and I was right there, no harm no foul.

It's always fun when we see the inmates, the Sheriff comes up and sits in the room with them all serious, then when I come in the room we talk about hunting or why the Chiefs always break hearts or something.

He breaks down and starts crying thanking me, that he already felt better (if you saw the amount of infection I drained, you'd see why) and asked if he could make an appointment for when he got out. "Sure, how long you think you'll be in this predicament".

"I figure 4 or 5 years, you scheduling ahead that far yet"? Told him nah, just take care of himself and come see me when he gets out.

Next patient is an amish guy (we have a fairly big amish community near us), super nice guy, needs a crown. Asks if he can barter instead of pay, I ask what is in it for me, said he'd bring me a dozen eggs every week for 6 months (they have chicken barns or something) or I could have a quarter of one of the cows they're butchering. Sold, eggs and beef for a crown, sign me up.

Only problem with that is he scheduled an appointment for himself, but brought 4 other family members who all needed work done.

So we had a waiting room full of inmates and Amish this afternoon. Thought that might be a good name of a band or something.
[Reply]
O.city 01:53 PM 08-19-2020
Sounds good to me
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:36 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sorry, vent over. Anyone wanna talk about anything dental today?
What are the chances that one of these large things coming out of my mouth is a bone spur that is still connected (not just a loose chunk of tooth/bone) and is actually growing?

One of these bad boys has movement (the one that looks like a fang) but the other is SOLID in there. Zero play.

----

If I were to go to a dentist... I'm guessing they will essentially cut those bad boys out if indeed loose. If attached... they cut the gum, drill the bone out, then either stitch me up/have me bite down until it clots.

Sound about right?
[Reply]
lewdog 06:07 PM 08-19-2020
Had an employee text me last thursday night that she was quitting. No two week notice, no helping me til i find another one. Just out.

Thankfully i have an awesome staff here so they're helpiing us get thru and hire a new one, but damn it. I hate people sometimes.

Sorry, vent over. Anyone wanna talk about anything dental today?
What the fuck did you do to her?!?!?!
[Reply]
O.city 06:54 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
What are the chances that one of these large things coming out of my mouth is a bone spur that is still connected (not just a loose chunk of tooth/bone) and is actually growing?

One of these bad boys has movement (the one that looks like a fang) but the other is SOLID in there. Zero play.

----

If I were to go to a dentist... I'm guessing they will essentially cut those bad boys out if indeed loose. If attached... they cut the gum, drill the bone out, then either stitch me up/have me bite down until it clots.

Sound about right?
Pretty much

Given enough time your body will take care of it but it could take a while. I’d rec just go get it out and be done with it
[Reply]
O.city 06:55 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
What the **** did you do to her?!?!?!
No clue

Got someone else hired but have to train them now so yay
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:01 PM 08-19-2020
No clue

Does she know that she's losing her dental benefits?

I just realized something. If you have a good employee, start a dental procedure on her and don't finish it. She can't quit if her mouth is numb.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:06 PM 08-19-2020
Pretty much

Given enough time your body will take care of it but it could take a while. I’d rec just go get it out and be done with it
Yeah. Reduces the risk of infection
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:08 PM 08-19-2020
No clue

Wtf? You got someone hired in a day?

Fuck. I’m definitely doing it wrong.
[Reply]
loochy 08:43 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Wtf? You got someone hired in a day?

Fuck. I’m definitely doing it wrong.

Dude, nobody wants to do hard ass work. That's what you are doing wrong.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:54 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Dude, nobody wants to do hard ass work. That's what you are doing wrong.
That ain't no shit.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:24 PM 09-14-2020
So... got the chunk of bone extracted today. The dentist that did the extraction missed the fucking root. So, along with the bone fragments I apparently had a small infection going on in there as well.

God DAMN my mouth is on fucking fire right now. I asked to see the shard but the tech sucked it up with her suction wand before I could see it.

/I'm not looking for a handout but this shit has caused me a TON of pain. Is there an argument for malpractice? I called the initial dentists and asked for my money back from the original extraction but I've had several people tell me I should consult a medical lawyer.
[Reply]
O.city 06:01 PM 09-15-2020
So damn man, someone dropped the ball there and left a root. No bueno. I’m not sure the situation so I won’t comment on any malpractice stuff but

Again just coming in terms of me and what I would do

I’d give you your money back or atleast have whoever took it out send me the bill.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:26 AM 09-16-2020
Motherfucker. That’s not just a little bit.

Be careful with mouth infections. I presume the second doctor went through what to look for regarding dry socket? It’s nothing to fool around with. If infection was already there hopefully they packed it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:08 AM 09-16-2020
Yeah, they aren't something to mess around with. Crazy thing is we aren't really sure why they happen. It's due to clot dissolving so just follow the steps and you should be fine.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:51 AM 09-16-2020
So damn man, someone dropped the ball there and left a root. No bueno. I’m not sure the situation so I won’t comment on any malpractice stuff but

Again just coming in terms of me and what I would do

I’d give you your money back or atleast have whoever took it out send me the bill.
I asked for a refund and 24 hours later I got the out of pocket expenses back.

I figured that there wouldn't be a lawyer in the world interested in this as they didn't leave the broken end of a needle in my mouth. I called a couple but they all told me I have something but they wouldn't be interested in being the ones pursuing it. Like I said... I don't much care as I'm not out for a pay day. That dentist, though, was a jerk from the get and he deserves some backlash.

Thanks for the advice to go ahead and head back to the dentist to get the "bone fragments" removed. Had it not been for that I would have continued waiting for those chunks to come out on their own and that, likely, would have ended poorly.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 39
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up