ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 39
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
O.city 09:02 PM 12-04-2019
Had a pretty interesting day today at the office. Morning was pretty normal, drill and fill, check hygiene, extract a tooth etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Pretty normal lunch. Trolled around on CP, ate an apple and a handful of wheat thins.

Then the afternoon hit.

I see inmates from the county jail here in town if they have a tooth ache or something, sheriff or deputy will call up and bring them up in shackles and the whole bit. It's not big deal, most of them are just happy to get out of pain and it's not a problem. So dude comes in, my assistant goes in to ask the normal "which tooth is bothering you, let me get an xray, blah blah". I was in the lab doing something so I wasn't really paying attention. She comes in and says "doc, you will need to come look at something" to which I responded "he need a tooth out, which tooth is hurting"?

"All of them". Huh, ok, weird response but lets go check it out. Sure enough, continued meth use pretty much causes things to not go so well intraorally, so he was pretty much decayed out and most teeth were broken off to the gumline (google meth mouth if you want to see it, i'm not messing with photos). Asked if I could extract all 26 teeth he had left in the 30 minute block we had on the schedule for him.

I laughed, said "nah, which one hurts the worst, we'll take that out". He pointed to one, I numbed it up, used an elevator to take it out, about 30 seconds worth of pressure and it was pretty lose. 2 teeth next to it are super mobile and infected (which starts draining as I get this one out, that smelt nice) so I told him he was getting 2 free extractions since he was already numb in that area and they were loose and I was right there, no harm no foul.

It's always fun when we see the inmates, the Sheriff comes up and sits in the room with them all serious, then when I come in the room we talk about hunting or why the Chiefs always break hearts or something.

He breaks down and starts crying thanking me, that he already felt better (if you saw the amount of infection I drained, you'd see why) and asked if he could make an appointment for when he got out. "Sure, how long you think you'll be in this predicament".

"I figure 4 or 5 years, you scheduling ahead that far yet"? Told him nah, just take care of himself and come see me when he gets out.

Next patient is an amish guy (we have a fairly big amish community near us), super nice guy, needs a crown. Asks if he can barter instead of pay, I ask what is in it for me, said he'd bring me a dozen eggs every week for 6 months (they have chicken barns or something) or I could have a quarter of one of the cows they're butchering. Sold, eggs and beef for a crown, sign me up.

Only problem with that is he scheduled an appointment for himself, but brought 4 other family members who all needed work done.

So we had a waiting room full of inmates and Amish this afternoon. Thought that might be a good name of a band or something.
[Reply]
O.city 06:21 PM 12-20-2019
Ok ok, Friday night, the wife and 2 of the kids are shopping, I have the middle one getting a prime rib ready to smoke and finish on the charcoal for a family xmas tomorrow.

Thought I'd give you guys some dental time. Going thru buying another practice right now, dealing with banks and shit is a nightmare, hopefully it will work out.

Anyway, due to the weather and shit we only worked 2 days this week, but saw the same amount of pts, so it was hell weak at my office.

Had a lady come in needing a tooth extracted. No big deal it looked like after peeping the xray. I go in, introduce myself blah blah blah.

"I'm a severe dental phobic" she says, "I have to have N20 and crank it up". You bet, no problem.

All goes well, tooth comes out, no issue. Once we get it out, she asks if I"m done with it. "Yep, it's all out, no issues"

"Are you ok" I asked. "Yeah, felt it right at the end a bit, pissed my pants a little"

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you need to use the restroom" I asked.

"No, I wore a diaper just incase".

LOL. She wore depends.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:25 PM 12-20-2019
Do you ever find yourself wishing that people had fangs, just to make you feel more exotic in your work?
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:12 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ok ok, Friday night, the wife and 2 of the kids are shopping, I have the middle one getting a prime rib ready to smoke and finish on the charcoal for a family xmas tomorrow.

Thought I'd give you guys some dental time. Going thru buying another practice right now, dealing with banks and shit is a nightmare, hopefully it will work out.

Anyway, due to the weather and shit we only worked 2 days this week, but saw the same amount of pts, so it was hell weak at my office.

Had a lady come in needing a tooth extracted. No big deal it looked like after peeping the xray. I go in, introduce myself blah blah blah.

"I'm a severe dental phobic" she says, "I have to have N20 and crank it up". You bet, no problem.

All goes well, tooth comes out, no issue. Once we get it out, she asks if I"m done with it. "Yep, it's all out, no issues"

"Are you ok" I asked. "Yeah, felt it right at the end a bit, pissed my pants a little"

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you need to use the restroom" I asked.

"No, I wore a diaper just incase".

LOL. She wore depends.
Banks suck the penis.

Just a heads up, they’ll want you to collateralize everything you’ve ever owned. See if you can get them to pull anything out eg your main practice. Don’t sign a personal guarantee.

If you want me to look over anything give me a shout.
[Reply]
O.city 07:15 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Do you ever find yourself wishing that people had fangs, just to make you feel more exotic in your work?
Sometimes

One of my buddies I went to dental school with got really into veterinary dentistry. He goes to the zoo (or he did haven’t talked to him in a bit) and works on some of the animals.

They did root canals and gold crowns on one of the tigers canine fangs one time after it had broken them chewing something and was in pain. It looked pretty sweet to have this tiger woth big gold teeth. He did extractions on a lot of the bigger animals like bears and camels.

He did mostly stuff on canines in the vet office he would work a day in. I dunno that I’d pay 1500 bucks for my lab to get a crown but I paid double that for a hip replacement 8 years ago so I can’t say never

My buddies little boy was a vampire last year for Halloween so he brought him to the office before and I light cured some tooth colored filling material on his canines to make them vampire teeth. I didn’t bond it so it just popped off whenever he was done but it looked cool
[Reply]
O.city 07:18 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Banks suck the penis.

Just a heads up, they’ll want you to collateralize everything you’ve ever owned. See if you can get them to pull anything out eg your main practice. Don’t sign a personal guarantee.

If you want me to look over anything give me a shout.
Yeah I think my main banker got to far out over her skies. She gave me all the pre approval, we signed everything and were two weeks away from closing and she starts talking about “I’m not sure about this part we may need to do an SBA etc etc” and that I apparently will need about 60k to put up ( that was never said previously) I ain’t got that laying around.

I went they Wells Fargo practice finance the first time so I’m going woth them again as they do this everyday and are easier to deal woth

I’d rather use a small bank but it’s tough with student loans and shit
[Reply]
lewdog 09:08 PM 12-20-2019
How often does someone ask to trade sex for dental work?

I mean, you guys are a major ripoff.
[Reply]
notorious 08:17 AM 12-21-2019
Getting a bank loan is like pulling teeth.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Getting a bank loan is like pulling teeth.
:-)

I can do one easily. The other is a pain in the ass. I really wanted to use my local bank, they've been good to me with little stuff. But damn, I don't have 50k in cash laying around to put into this. I get why they want that, but shit.
[Reply]
neech 09:26 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
How often does someone ask to trade sex for dental work?
Denver Chief goes to him regularly so what’s that tell you.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:31 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by neech:
Denver Chief goes to him regularly so what’s that tell you.
That Ocity has great taste in men.
[Reply]
O.city 02:20 PM 01-07-2020
Post xmas update.

Was only in the office 3 or 4 days over the HOlidays, was a nice break. Back to the grind (lol grind) today in full force.

Making a denture for an old dude here in town, wants a gold canine in it. Told him I could do it, but it would cost more. Got it done a while back, turned out pretty cool actually.

Had an issue this morning. I was knee deep in a root canal in the back and I heard some yelling up front. Stuck my head around the corner to see what was up and my receptionist was getting yelled out by a pt that I worked on once or twice. Apparently we sent him a bill and he wasn't happy about it.

"I've spent enough money in this office to pay for one of those fucking dental chairs, this is ridiculous blah blah blah". I calmly walk up there, pull up his chart that has all the fees he's paid and stuff.

Dude has paid a grand total of 184 dollars to me in this office. I print it out, show it to him, ask him how much he thinks one of those chairs in the back cost. He gets more upset and yells.

I tell him not to worry about paying that 43 dollar bill he has in his hand it's on the house. And by the way, you also need to find another dentist, we wont' be seeing you here anymore.

"But I have a toothache right now I need to have worked on, what do I do?" he says as he realizes I'm not gonna fuck around with his bullshit.

"Way I see it, you've got 2 options. Pay your bill, apologize to my receptionist for treating here like that for doing her job, sit down, shut up and wait for them to call you back. Or pocket the 43 dollars and get out, it's up to you".

He wrote a check and I pulled another tooth over my lunch break, he paid and thanked me. I told him that was the last time I'd be working on him, it would be better in both our interests if he went elsewhere. He apologized again and said he had never had a dentist as good as I was (yeah, breaking my arm patting myself on the back) I said sorry and good luck.

I'm not dealing with that kind of shit.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:26 PM 01-07-2020
Hey that me motherfucker! Thanks again. Sorry for causing such a small scene.
[Reply]
O.city 02:28 PM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Hey that me mother****er! Thanks again. Sorry for causing such a small scene.
Ha.

Unless you're an 80 year old man, I'm going with this being sarcasm!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:41 PM 01-07-2020
Post xmas update.

Was only in the office 3 or 4 days over the HOlidays, was a nice break. Back to the grind (lol grind) today in full force.

Making a denture for an old dude here in town, wants a gold canine in it. Told him I could do it, but it would cost more. Got it done a while back, turned out pretty cool actually.

Had an issue this morning. I was knee deep in a root canal in the back and I heard some yelling up front. Stuck my head around the corner to see what was up and my receptionist was getting yelled out by a pt that I worked on once or twice. Apparently we sent him a bill and he wasn't happy about it.

"I've spent enough money in this office to pay for one of those fucking dental chairs, this is ridiculous blah blah blah". I calmly walk up there, pull up his chart that has all the fees he's paid and stuff.

Dude has paid a grand total of 184 dollars to me in this office. I print it out, show it to him, ask him how much he thinks one of those chairs in the back cost. He gets more upset and yells.

I tell him not to worry about paying that 43 dollar bill he has in his hand it's on the house. And by the way, you also need to find another dentist, we wont' be seeing you here anymore.

"But I have a toothache right now I need to have worked on, what do I do?" he says as he realizes I'm not gonna fuck around with his bullshit.

"Way I see it, you've got 2 options. Pay your bill, apologize to my receptionist for treating here like that for doing her job, sit down, shut up and wait for them to call you back. Or pocket the 43 dollars and get out, it's up to you".

He wrote a check and I pulled another tooth over my lunch break, he paid and thanked me. I told him that was the last time I'd be working on him, it would be better in both our interests if he went elsewhere. He apologized again and said he had never had a dentist as good as I was (yeah, breaking my arm patting myself on the back) I said sorry and good luck.

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:50 PM 01-07-2020
Post xmas update.

"I've spent enough money in this office to pay for one of those ****ing dental chairs, this is ridiculous blah blah blah". I calmly walk up there, pull up his chart that has all the fees he's paid and stuff.

"But I have a toothache right now I need to have worked on, what do I do?" he says as he realizes I'm not gonna **** around with his bullshit.

That's funny. You should have went light on the local and pulled that mother. LOL
[Reply]
Page 12 of 39
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up