ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 2678
« First < 9495556575859 60616263691091595591059 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:37 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Cousins, Cam, Luck, Newton, Prescott have hands in the above average category >9.875 inches. Mahomes' hand size came in at 9.25.

And for comparison's sake... Favre/ Rodgers have hands at 10 1/8th and larger

My guess is at some point in his career he will need to start throwing with a glove on, especially November and later in the year.
Your old man should have "thrown with a glove on".
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:46 PM 04-29-2017
Cousins, Cam, Luck, Newton, Prescott have hands in the above average category >9.875 inches. Mahomes' hand size came in at 9.25.

My guess is at some point in his career he will need to start throwing with a glove on, especially November and later in the year.
Derek Carr's hands are 9 1/8th. Romo's were less than 9.

Every case is different.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:49 PM 04-29-2017

Have you actually watched Mahomes play? He holds the ball like a loaf of bread. Critics will say this is dangerous, but he has a very strong grip. He got away with this lazy way of carrying the ball all the time due to that strong grip. Very few strips/fumbles despite the fact he was not protecting the ball like he should.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:04 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Derek Carr's hands are 9 1/8th. Romo's were less than 9.

Every case is different.
Romo has been the exception with his small hand size, but we also know he hasn't performed to his usual standards in cold conditions. Favre/Rodgers can survive the tundra as a result of hand size > 10 inches.

Mahomes definitely has a better grip of the ball than Bridgewater. But you have to wonder with all the passes that he sails on what seem like pretty straightforward throws, if it has to do with his hand size. Something to keep an eye on.

Small sample size but Carr has played god awful in cold weather games. Granted one of those games he had that pinky injury. Completion percentage is <50%, QB rating <55
[Reply]
Smed1065 12:07 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
As in being jealous or...?
Injury revenges...
[Reply]
DRM08 12:07 AM 04-30-2017

Mahomes definitely has a better grip of the ball than Bridgewater. But you have to wonder with all the passes that he sails on what seem like pretty straightforward throws, if it has to do with his hand size. Something to keep an eye on.
I think it has more to do with his footwork and arm strength. His arm strength is ridiculous. He has a hard time reigning it in sometimes and then that is complicated further by not setting his feet. Hopefully the Chiefs coaches can help him become more consistent in his fundamentals.
[Reply]
Smed1065 12:11 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Your old man should have "thrown with a glove on".
Another Gem by a Daddy name. Another hater of the GM, Coach IIRC as well.
Now I bet not?

Blows like his BF towards the wind.

First week will be saying put in the new QB like his smarts.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:11 AM 04-30-2017
:-) I think people over talk hand size. The guy can throw the ball fucking 80 yards in the air. I don't think he has any problems with his hand size.
[Reply]
thabear04 12:11 AM 04-30-2017

[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:14 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think it has more to do with his footwork and arm strength. His arm strength is ridiculous. He has a hard time reigning it in sometimes and then that is complicated further by not setting his feet. Hopefully the Chiefs coaches can help him become more consistent in his fundamentals.
Definitely. If he's going to succeed in the WCO he needs to be >70% accurate on these short throws and put the ball on the money. YAC is huge in the Reid offense which is more about timing and precision vs velocity.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:18 AM 04-30-2017
Jesus Christ Uppercunt, we get it. You like Alex Smith. Fucking happiest day in Chiefs fandom since we heard Joe Montana was coming and all you can do is bitch.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:23 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
:-) I think people over talk hand size. The guy can throw the ball ****ing 80 yards in the air. I don't think he has any problems with his hand size.
Cutler and Stafford have big arms. How many times/How far have they gone in the playoffs?
[Reply]
DRM08 12:25 AM 04-30-2017
Definitely. If he's going to succeed in the WCO he needs to be >70% accurate on these short throws and put the ball on the money. YAC is huge in the Reid offense which is more about timing and precision vs velocity.
You think the Tech offense is not about YAC, timing, and precision? Mahomes would have never seen the field at Tech if he wasn't already pretty damn accurate. I think he has room for improvement, but he has a ton of natural accuracy for a guy with poor footwork and mechanics. Against Arkansas in 2015, he completed 85% of his passes for the entire game. Against Arizona State and Kansas State in 2016, he completed around 80% of his passes in the first half. It is scary to think how good he will be if Andy Reid can help him become more consistent with the fundamentals (primarily footwork).

The 2016 KSU performance was impressive because he had a pretty serious injury on his throwing shoulder the previous week against Kansas. No one expected him to play against KSU, never mind going out there and lighting up a Bill Snyder defense on the road. We believe the coaches shot him up with some kind of drugs to help play through the pain because in the second half he seemed completely out of sorts. Something was not right.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:25 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Jesus Christ Uppercunt, we get it. You like Alex Smith. Fucking happiest day in Chiefs fandom since we heard Joe Montana was coming and all you can do is bitch.
Because he is not a Chiefs fan he is a fucking Alex Smith fan. He is the biggest douche bag on this board. Talking about hand size like jesus fucking christ get out of here. Go jerk off to Alex Smith highlight videos of him throwing behind receivers on screen passes.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:39 AM 04-30-2017
Saw this on Reddit. Thought it was kinda funny.

[–]CowboysRivera806 9 points 2 days ago
Is this where I get on the bandwagon?

[–]Dustin ColquittNSYK 5 points 2 days ago
Gotta ditch that Cowboys flair before your application will even be considered.

[–]CowboysRivera806 6 points 1 day ago
Fuck the Broncos

[–]Dustin ColquittNSYK 4 points 1 day ago
Application accepted.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 2678
« First < 9495556575859 60616263691091595591059 > Last »
Up