ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 239 of 341
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249289339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:57 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Thinking of a Tac shotgun. I知 leaning towards the old traditional 870 Rem or Mossberg 960A1. My son says I need this: https://www.k-var.com/dissident-arms-cr12

Hmmmm
I don't know man, that's pretty scary looking. Especially in all-black... :-)

Actually it looks awesome.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:13 AM 09-24-2020
Thinking of a Tac shotgun. I知 leaning towards the old traditional 870 Rem or Mossberg 960A1. My son says I need this: https://www.k-var.com/dissident-arms-cr12

Hmmmm
I知 an AR guy, but I知 not sure I could do an AR shotgun.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:18 AM 09-24-2020
I think I might head over to Brownell's this weekend. Thanks guys!
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:19 AM 09-24-2020

Hmmmm
I wanted something shorter so ended up with an IWI Tavor TS12. It holds 16 rounds of 2 3/4" (with one chambered). The configuration of the "magazine" tubes (3 of them) allows you to reload empty tubes while you still have rounds loaded in the other tube(s).
[Reply]
jdubya 10:54 AM 09-24-2020
Here in NorCal most ammo shelves are empty. It is insane.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:18 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I知 an AR guy, but I知 not sure I could do an AR shotgun.
I'd want to see some rigorous testing results before I put my money down. I've seen some bad jams with semi-auto shotguns, and some equally bad jams with some ARs; trying to imagine having to clear a bad 12-gauge jam out of an AR-15 in the middle of a fight and it seems like many of those would turn the thing into an expensive club.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:10 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I'd want to see some rigorous testing results before I put my money down. I've seen some bad jams with semi-auto shotguns, and some equally bad jams with some ARs; trying to imagine having to clear a bad 12-gauge jam out of an AR-15 in the middle of a fight and it seems like many of those would turn the thing into an expensive club.
Years ago some guy brought one of those Turkish AR-looking monstrosities to a 3-gun match I was shooting in. When he first took it out of the case, we were all oohing and aahing over it. Then he started to actually use it, and it jammed every second or third shot. A crowd had formed around him initially, and as the gun's failing became obvious, they faded away like Gotham City voters from the Penguin after Batman played the "harp from hell" CD. :-)

I really felt bad for the poor bastard. His shiny new toy turned into a pile of shit right before his eyes. He just packed up his stuff and left.

I don't know if there are better options out there now or not, since I've got a great shotgun and am not in the market for another one. But I'll never forget that first impression.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:26 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Years ago some guy brought one of those Turkish AR-looking monstrosities to a 3-gun match I was shooting in. When he first took it out of the case, we were all oohing and aahing over it. Then he started to actually use it, and it jammed every second or third shot. A crowd had formed around him initially, and as the gun's failing became obvious, they faded away like Gotham City voters from the Penguin after Batman played the "harp from hell" CD. :-)

I really felt bad for the poor bastard. His shiny new toy turned into a pile of shit right before his eyes. He just packed up his stuff and left.

I don't know if there are better options out there now or not, since I've got a great shotgun and am not in the market for another one. But I'll never forget that first impression.
Yeah, that's why I'd want to see someone else take one for the team and run one of those through it's paces before i put down anywhere near that kind of money. Heck, I've seen expensive semi-auto shotguns jam up bad at the range or the clays course, and it's not pretty.

Years ago I saw what was then a new combat semi-auto shotgun jam on nearly every round at the range. And the jams were the kind you had to use pliers to clear. I just remember making a mental note not to buy that brand and model for HD use. As a toy okay.

If it was reliable it would be a good platform. Or at least one that I might take a second look at.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:31 PM 09-24-2020
Yeah, that's why I'd want to see someone else take one for the team and run one of those through it's paces before i put down anywhere near that kind of money. Heck, I've seen expensive semi-auto shotguns jam up bad at the range or the clays course, and it's not pretty.

Years ago I saw what was then a new combat semi-auto shotgun jam on nearly every round at the range. And the jams were the kind you had to use pliers to clear. I just remember making a mental note not to buy that brand and model for HD use. As a toy okay.

If it was reliable it would be a good platform. Or at least one that I might take a second look at.
The VEPR 12 AK variety might be the way to go.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:36 PM 09-24-2020
The VEPR 12 AK variety might be the way to go.
For some people, in some situations, maybe.

For myself, I'd want something else. For me, a PCC is ideal for HD, or as a truck gun. But I train a lot and I'm a better than average shot. Most people don't, for whatever reasons, so maybe a shotgun platform would be more effective for them. I would rather place my rounds at this point. Twenty years ago I'd probably want the shotgun.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:41 PM 09-24-2020
For some people, in some situations, maybe.

For myself, I'd want something else. For me, a PCC is ideal for HD, or as a truck gun. But I train a lot and I'm a better than average shot. Most people don't, for whatever reasons, so maybe a shotgun platform would be more effective for them. I would rather place my rounds at this point. Twenty years ago I'd probably want the shotgun.
Yep. I don't keep my shotgun readily accessible. Of course, with the extended tube it's about five feet long; not exactly what I'd want to use while fumbling around in the dark with an intruder in the house.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:05 PM 09-24-2020
Yep. I don't keep my shotgun readily accessible. Of course, with the extended tube it's about five feet long; not exactly what I'd want to use while fumbling around in the dark with an intruder in the house.
So your feed tube extends past the muzzle? Does it ever get hit by the shot? Always kind of wondered about that.
[Reply]
bigjosh 03:18 PM 09-24-2020
The only semiauto shotgun i would ever trust in a fighting situation is a benelli.

That being said, my ar style vr80 has been pretty good. I have only had a few ftfs that were easily cleared by racking it back open.
[Reply]
bigjosh 03:19 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
The only semiauto shotgun i would ever trust in a fighting situation is a benelli.

That being said, my ar style vr80 has been pretty good. I have only had a few ftfs that were easily cleared by racking it back open.

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:45 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
That's a shotgun?
[Reply]
Page 239 of 341
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249289339 > Last »
Up