ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 236 of 341
« First < 136186226232233234235236 237238239240246286336 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:48 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
One of my friends up here has never owned a gun before. He's conservative, and he agrees with my stance on things pretty much 100%. He always agrees that he SHOULD get a gun, but he just talks about doing it, and talks about doing it, and talks about doing it some more, and never actually does it. Of course, in Illinois you have to get a FOID first; now the backlog is so long that it takes months to get one. And he hasn't even done that. Now it's probably too late.

There's only so much you can do.
There are so many teachable moments in this story that I don’t even know where to begin. It the immediate one is: you see an opportunity jump on it with out second thought. That opportunity won’t be there half an hour from now. And whatever your financial situation - bank accounts ain’t gonna matter if shit keeps heading the direction it’s heading.

As optimistic as I am for the upcoming election, I am petrified by the thought of aftermath.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:51 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Thanks. All the local shops around me are closed now, of course, but Cabela's does it, but also of course they're in KS while I'm in MO, so I'm thinking that doesn't help me at all.

Nobody picked up when I called out to Bass Pro, but maybe I'll try them and see if it goes through on ammoaz's end?
Cabelas is now owned and operated by Bass Pro, which has a metro location on your side of the state line. Check into that.
[Reply]
Bwana 05:59 PM 09-19-2020
Thanks. All the local shops around me are closed now, of course, but Cabela's does it, but also of course they're in KS while I'm in MO, so I'm thinking that doesn't help me at all.

Nobody picked up when I called out to Bass Pro, but maybe I'll try them and see if it goes through on ammoaz's end?

There are also private FFL's, hell, I used to have an FFL and a lot of those guys will do it for a fee. You should be able to buy the gun now, but they won't ship it until you provide an FFL for delivery. Google FFL in your town and you should have a list pops up. Once you do that, you should be able to dig a little deeper and see which ones accept shipments.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:06 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
If Biden wins and they get the house and the senate, it will get as bad, or worse than Sandy hook. It's best to hedge your bets, while you still can.

With that said, it's not close to that, yet. Yesterdays event, along with all the online rhetoric about riots etc, could change that very quickly.

As many of you guys may/may not know - I have predicting something like this for some time now. Hell, it's been as plain as the nose on our faces. It started with Hillary and her comment about "Resist".

It's been getting worse each day since that night.

My bets are hedged......well hedged....
[Reply]
Bwana 06:09 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
As many of you guys may/may not know - I have predicting something like this for some time now. Hell, it's been as plain as the nose on our faces. It started with Hillary and her comment about "Resist".

It's been getting worse each day since that night.

My bets are hedged......well hedged....

I can relate. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 06:21 PM 09-19-2020
So I am now the (eventual) owner of a new Radical Firearms 5.56mm NATO 16" Barrel 30-Round Mag M4 Collapsible Stock Black Finish Semi-Automatic Rifle. This was very good fortune for me, for the two long barrels I was looking at were an M4 and an AK. Thanks to frazod, BAWAN, and Raiderhader for slow walking me through this, and thanks to Megatron96 for finding the deal. I'm excited to get this in a few weeks. I owe you all drinks of your choice.

Now, to go look for ammo.....
[Reply]
Bwana 06:25 PM 09-19-2020
So I am now the (eventual) owner of a new Radical Firearms 5.56mm NATO 16" Barrel 30-Round Mag M4 Collapsible Stock Black Finish Semi-Automatic Rifle. This was very good fortune for me, for the two long barrels I was looking at were an M4 and an AK. Thanks to frazod, BAWAN, and Raiderhader for slow walking me through this, and thanks to Megatron96 for finding the deal. I'm excited to get this in a few weeks. I owe you all drinks of your choice.

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:26 PM 09-19-2020
There are also private FFL's, hell, I used to have an FFL and a lot of those guys will do it for a fee. You should be able to buy the gun now, but they won't ship it until you provide an FFL for delivery. Google FFL in your town and you should have a list pops up. Once you do that, you should be able to dig a little deeper and see which ones accept shipments.
What all is entailed with that? Level of background checks, finances required, how does it effect you as an individual purchaser of firearms and so forth?

It is something I have always been curious about but, never bothered myself enough to really explore.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:28 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
What all is entailed with that? Level of background checks, finances required, how does it effect you as an individual purchaser of firearms and so forth?

It is something I have always been curious about but, never bothered myself enough to really explore.

Basically $200 and a bunch of bullshit paperwork.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...31016/download
[Reply]
Frazod 06:35 PM 09-19-2020

[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:40 PM 09-19-2020

Congratulations! And Wild Turkey (101, not the 81 or I’ll fucking ruin your reputation on this board from here until eternity :-) ).

Something I’ve learned as both a gun and Jeep Wrangler owner - you can buy a “cheap” base model and customize it to what you want/need later. And in this particular climate that is HUGE bonus. Buy the cheapest upgradable rifle and you can make it what you want it to be as time, finances and availability allow.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:48 PM 09-19-2020
Congratulations! And Wild Turkey (101, not the 81 or I’ll fucking ruin your reputation on this board from here until eternity :-) ).

Something I’ve learned as both a gun and Jeep Wrangler owner - you can buy a “cheap” base model and customize it to what you want/need later. And in this particular climate that is HUGE bonus. Buy the cheapest upgradable rifle and you can make it what you want it to be as time, finances and availability allow.
It already has two of the first things I'd change out - the stock and freefloat rail.

All he needs is a good optic and some backup iron sights and he's good to go.

We had a pretty big discussion on optics a couple of weeks ago when Vail was looking for a rifle. Suffice to say, DON'T CHEAP OUT ON OPTICS.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:49 PM 09-19-2020
Basically $200 and a bunch of bullshit paperwork.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...31016/download
My instant response is - “$200 dollars and paperwork? Why am I not having Bud’s mail me guns to home address?”

If that is all it is why are you still not engaged in it?

I’m drinking right now, so feel free to tell me to look closer at the link you provided when I’m sober to answer these questions - My feelings won’t be hurt.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:59 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It already has two of the first things I'd change out - the stock and freefloat rail.

All he needs is a good optic and some backup iron sights and he's good to go.

We had a pretty big discussion on optics a couple of weeks ago when Vail was looking for a rifle. Suffice to say, DON'T CHEAP OUT ON OPTICS.
Honestly, I am out for the first time in two in two and a half months (fuck the illegal mask mandate, I’ll shop out of district and avoid my beloved local bars until I know they are not enforcing that illegal BS) and just browsing threads. So I’ll bow to your experienced opinions, until I dig deeper when I’m sober. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 07:16 PM 09-19-2020
My instant response is - “$200 dollars and paperwork? Why am I not having Bud’s mail me guns to home address?”

If that is all it is why are you still not engaged in it?

I’m drinking right now, so feel free to tell me to look closer at the link you provided when I’m sober to answer these questions - My feelings won’t be hurt.
During my gun searches over the last few months I’ve discovered you can’t swing a stick without hitting an FFL nearby, at least here in AZ.

You ever do a zip code search to see who is close by you?

http://fflgundealers.net/
[Reply]
Page 236 of 341
« First < 136186226232233234235236 237238239240246286336 > Last »
Up