ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 234 of 341
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:09 PM 09-19-2020
I've seen three of these shortages now, since 2001. 2008 and 2013 were similar to what we're seeing now, except that there was very little ammo at all for several months until manufacturers got ramped up. I remember that there was no .22LR at all for nearly a year, and when it did come back the price of a brick jumped 150% or so. All the common pistol calibers as well as ,223/5.56, .308, 7.62x39 saw 100% price increases, but there was some availability in dribs and drabs. And it took several years for stocks and pricing to return to near-normal.

I think the difference today is that manufacturing has ramped up faster, but pricing by many distributors has shot up much faster and higher. $700/1000 for 9mm, $100/550 .22LR are beyond anything I've ever seen. Basically we're looking at 300-400% price hikes in just a few months, though in some places for some ammo this doesn't seem to be true. Online it seems pretty widespread.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:35 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
With the passing of RBG and the resultant cries for violent resistance from some on the left could this already ultra-tight gun and ammo market get even tighter?

What's the worst you long-timers have seen in terms of supply shortage?

It could, the worst, post Sandyhook.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:40 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've fiddle-****ed around for months about getting a long rifle and I'm afraid I've missed my window for purchasing something quality at a reasonable price at this point.
Just build it yourself... $350 for a AR
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:48 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Just build it yourself... $350 for a AR
Uhhh wut.

I haven’t seen prices anywhere near that. Hell PSA won’t get you and upper for 350
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:55 PM 09-19-2020
Based on just a quick skim online i'd guess building your own would cost at least $650-$750, all in. Not finding too many places that have all the requisite parts though. Might have to do a scavenger hunt.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:57 PM 09-19-2020
With the passing of RBG and the resultant cries for violent resistance from some on the left could this already ultra-tight gun and ammo market get even tighter?

What's the worst you long-timers have seen in terms of supply shortage?
I fear we may be in uncharted territory now.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:09 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've fiddle-****ed around for months about getting a long rifle and I'm afraid I've missed my window for purchasing something quality at a reasonable price at this point.
ATTN: I've never been in this store, but know a couple guys that have, so it really exists.

I know nothing about this manufacturer, but from the description it feels like a local start-up trying to cash in on the pandemic. But apparently they have this rifle on the shelf. Since most AR manufacturers get most of their barrels, small parts from one of about 3 parts makers, it shouldn't really make a difference. But I doubt you'll find any AR for this price, so it might be time to take one for the team:

https://www.ammoaz.com/rifles/semi-a...-rifle-3225778
[Reply]
notorious 01:43 PM 09-19-2020
This doesn't even come close to touching Sandy Hook.

You couldn't find a ****ing firing pin for an AR-15 after that tragedy. .22 ammo? BCG? Stripped lowers? :-)

Keep your cool, the election will pass, and you will be able to pick up nice AR's for 500 again. Stock up on them, and sell them for 1000 when the scared suckers freak out again. Just don't write that on the FFL paperwork.......
[Reply]
vailpass 02:05 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
ATTN: I've never been in this store, but know a couple guys that have, so it really exists.

I know nothing about this manufacturer, but from the description it feels like a local start-up trying to cash in on the pandemic. But apparently they have this rifle on the shelf. Since most AR manufacturers get most of their barrels, small parts from one of about 3 parts makers, it shouldn't really make a difference. But I doubt you'll find any AR for this price, so it might be time to take one for the team:

https://www.ammoaz.com/rifles/semi-a...-rifle-3225778
AmmoAZ is where I bought my HK45. They are a legit 2A shop. Family owned and ran. It’s just off 17 at a Deer Valley.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:09 PM 09-19-2020
If I’m reading the comments here correctly, it’s been this bad before but it likely could still get worse. And if we do get back to “normal”, it’s going to be a long while until then and it might be at a higher price point.

Right now I’m pretty happy I picked up the guns I did before yesterday hit.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:31 PM 09-19-2020
If I’m reading the comments here correctly, it’s been this bad before but it likely could still get worse. And if we do get back to “normal”, it’s going to be a long while until then and it might be at a higher price point.

Right now I’m pretty happy I picked up the guns I did before yesterday hit.

Right now I have to believe that it is going to get worse. We are riding in uncharted waters right now...........
[Reply]
Frazod 02:42 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
This doesn't even come close to touching Sandy Hook.

You couldn't find a ****ing firing pin for an AR-15 after that tragedy. .22 ammo? BCG? Stripped lowers? :-)

Keep your cool, the election will pass, and you will be able to pick up nice AR's for 500 again. Stock up on them, and sell them for 1000 when the scared suckers freak out again. Just don't write that on the FFL paperwork.......
I remember what it was like, but this is different. Back then there were shortages because gun people were buying guns. This time there are shortages because people who never owned a gun before are desperate to buy guns.

We weren't teetering on the brink of civil war in the aftermath of Sandy Hook. The economy wasn't in shambles. We weren't beset on all sides with madness. Hordes of lunatics weren't looting and burning cities across the country.

They aren't just after our guns this time; they aim to destroy the country, and *news flash* they're doing it. I think the idea that "this will pass" is wishful thinking.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:45 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Right now I have to believe that it is going to get worse. We are riding in uncharted waters right now...........

If Biden wins and they get the house and the senate, it will get as bad, or worse than Sandy hook. It's best to hedge your bets, while you still can.

With that said, it's not close to that, yet. Yesterdays event, along with all the online rhetoric about riots etc, could change that very quickly.
[Reply]
notorious 03:34 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I remember what it was like, but this is different. Back then there were shortages because gun people were buying guns. This time there are shortages because people who never owned a gun before are desperate to buy guns.

We weren't teetering on the brink of civil war in the aftermath of Sandy Hook. The economy wasn't in shambles. We weren't beset on all sides with madness. Hordes of lunatics weren't looting and burning cities across the country.

They aren't just after our guns this time; they aim to destroy the country, and *news flash* they're doing it. I think the idea that "this will pass" is wishful thinking.

We will find out in about 3 months. I'm not worried, but I took my own advice after Sandy Hook settled down . I also live in BFE Kansas instead of Shitcago, so I understand where your angst and my calmness comes from.

I wish you could move to an area where there are more like-minded people, Fraz. I couldn't stand living where you do. Fuck that shit.
[Reply]
notorious 03:38 PM 09-19-2020
Remember when Troy and Springfield Armory went full retard after Sandy Hook?

It destroyed Troy's business, and Springfield pulled their head out of their ass in time to save theirs.
[Reply]
Page 234 of 341
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284334 > Last »
Up