ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 192 of 341
« First < 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202242292 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
vailpass 02:31 PM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It won’t work super well with a long gun. But works good for an AR as long as it doesn’t have a super long barrel.
What flavor of AR do you have and what do you like about it?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:53 PM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I am curious as well as to what AR-15 platform is everyone's favorite and why.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Frazod 04:04 PM 06-12-2020
My first AR was a DMPS Panther Oracle. I still have it, although the upper and lower are now part of two separate rifles. Can't remember what the second one was initially - I got a deal on it from Palmetto.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:38 PM 06-12-2020
Solid review man, thank you for taking the time to test the fit with the light and write this up.
That’s one problem right now: it’s hard to find anything you can actually handle and look at. Everything is out of stock. Now with all the riots that’s not looking like it will change any time soon.
Yeah, we just start to get things calmed down a bit and then we have a new gun, ammo and everything related panic. And neither panic had to do with the threat of new gun control legislation. Crazy times we are living in.

So here is something in between, a youtube review -

And while looking that up I discovered a review of the same company's tactical range backpack. The pistol cases look like they would fit guns with lights and/or optics. I'm not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind having this one as well -

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:44 PM 06-12-2020
If I buy a complete rifle it will be a BCM, SOLGW, Lone Star Armory are a few that I would buy complete. Mostly I build and will order parts from a wide range of shops.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:39 PM 06-12-2020
I’d have to look and see what the upper and lower are. I bought it off my nephew who was going to trade it on some bullshit gun and take a bath on it. I just take it in the tractor as a varmint gun.

It’s 223/556, SS barrel, it’s got a buress scope on it I can’t remember the specs, but it’s a nice little fit on the gun. I’d rather have a red dot for varmints but it’s OK.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:53 PM 06-12-2020
Anyone own an AK here?

I'm having awful mag problems with this god damn piece of shit. I've literally only found one mag that will fit the MFer, and it's a Korean one. I've tried Bulgarian mags, Croatian mags, Magpul plastic crap mags... nothing will fit without a struggle but the fucking Korean ones. They rock right into place smoothly with no problem.

I spent two hours sanding on the magwell with fine emory cloth yesterday, I even took a dremel to a mag and hacked the shit out of it today. They still don't fit. I'm so fucking mad right now I'm about to throw it on armlist and buy an AR. I've never been this frustrated with a gun. I don't know what to do (besides order more Korean mags, which I did). How do I fix this god damn thing?

:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 11:21 PM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Anyone own an AK here?

I'm having awful mag problems with this god damn piece of shit. I've literally only found one mag that will fit the MFer, and it's a Korean one. I've tried Bulgarian mags, Croatian mags, Magpul plastic crap mags... nothing will fit without a struggle but the fucking Korean ones. They rock right into place smoothly with no problem.

I spent two hours sanding on the magwell with fine emory cloth yesterday, I even took a dremel to a mag and hacked the shit out of it today. They still don't fit. I'm so fucking mad right now I'm about to throw it on armlist and buy an AR. I've never been this frustrated with a gun. I don't know what to do (besides order more Korean mags, which I did). How do I fix this god damn thing?

:-)
I have one - an IO Sporter. It's nothing spectacular, but I've never had any issues with it. Strange issue you're having - I'd take it go a gunsmith.

Unless you spend decent money on an AK, it can be kind of a crap shoot whether or not you'll get a good one. Unless you buy a Century Arms, in which case you'll definitely get a bad one.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:06 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I have one - an IO Sporter. It's nothing spectacular, but I've never had any issues with it. Strange issue you're having - I'd take it go a gunsmith.

Unless you spend decent money on an AK, it can be kind of a crap shoot whether or not you'll get a good one. Unless you buy a Century Arms, in which case you'll definitely get a bad one.
Mine is Zastava imported by century arms. It just blows my mind that a Croatian mag wont fit a Serbian rifle, YOURE THE SAME ****ING PEOPLE, ONES JUST ORTHODOX AND THE OTHER IS CATHOLIC REEEEEEEEEE
[Reply]
Frazod 08:20 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Mine is Zastava imported by century arms. It just blows my mind that a Croatian mag wont fit a Serbian rifle, YOURE THE SAME ****ING PEOPLE, ONES JUST ORTHODOX AND THE OTHER IS CATHOLIC REEEEEEEEEE
Well, maybe the next time Trump visits North Korea he can hook you up. :-)
[Reply]
bdj23 08:23 AM 06-13-2020
I just ordered more Korean mags.. I've got a buddy who is a pretty skilled machinist, he's gonna give it a look today to tomorrow
[Reply]
tatorhog 08:47 AM 06-13-2020
My first one was kind of a home brew Frankenstein one. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing special either. I think it’s a Delaware Machinery lower.

DPMS Oracle

Springfield Saint

Currently working out a trade for a Wilson and one I’ve wanted for quite a while, a Daniel Defense mk18 pistol.
[Reply]
kepp 04:33 PM 06-13-2020
I ended up ordering a couple stripped lowers and parts kits from Palmetto State Armory and learned to assemble them from their youtube videos. After that you can mix and match with any uppers/stocks. I just thought it would be good to know how the thing is put together...really isn't that hard.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 06:17 PM 06-13-2020
Frankenstein AR with DPMS lower, AR Stoner barrel, fancy BCG I don't even remember the name, stage 1 trigger, fancy charging handle (can't remember name), upper is a traditional handle type from Rock River Arms I think, furniture is Magpul, adjustable butt stock might be Magpul... a friend of mine built it from me for parts laying around his apartment. He needed some money and I told him I'd give him some cash if he built me an AR. At the time, I didn't have any interest in owning an AR, I just wanted to help him out. He kept asking me "do you want this, do you want that?" I told him I don't care, just throw something together and I'll give you $1000 for it...
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:41 PM 06-13-2020
What about the AR-10? Creedmoor or .308??
[Reply]
Page 192 of 341
« First < 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202242292 > Last »
Up