ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2501 of 4798
« First < 1501200124012451249124972498249925002501 250225032504250525112551260130013501 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:24 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t think anybody is out sucking the Jets for the #1 pick. Even the Broncos.
Giants are gonna be right there, that D is bad, Jones turns it over a lot and now they have no Barkley to lean on.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:31 AM 09-21-2020
I don’t think anybody is out sucking the Jets for the #1 pick. Even the Broncos.
That’s not what you should be worrying about. If the Broncos get in the top 3, what stops Lawrence from pulling and Elway/Eli?

Keep in mind Elway and Manning have major influence. Playing for them or the Jets?

I could see that happen
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If there are that many bad teams sticking by their young QBs with Lawrence, Fields, and Lance on the board, the Broncos could just trade up, too. Which they might. They might pay out the ass, but they'd still get what they want/need.

I dunno. I guess I really don't care about all these teams who could suck for these QBs. We have the best QB in the NFL, and seriously... I doubt Lawrence is going to be as good as Mahomes. Prime Andrew Luck wasn't as good as Mahomes, either. We've had "can't miss" guys come and go in the draft process. Many of them end up being very very good. Some are busts.

But when you have the best and will continue to have the best for seasons to come, you don't worry about other good QBs in the league. Somebody has to draft these players. It might be the Donks. Or the Raiders. Or the shitbag "Whoops we sucked so hard we got the #1 overall pick!" Colts. This kind of thing got me worried in the before time, but not anymore.

Let the Donks suck for Lawrence. I don't care. We're still gonna piss pound them as long as we have Mahomes. And hell... just look at last year- for that matter we'll still piss pound them as long as we have Matt Moore.
The only thing that concerns me there is the long-term outlook of the divisions and the fact that only 1 team gets a bye now.

The Patriots dominated because their division was dog-shit for 15-20 years and they just cleaned up. They got that bye, they got HFA and they sailed because of it. When they didn't have a bye and/or HFA, they struggled significantly more.

Well the AFC North with an aging Ben, a rudderless Browns team and the Bengals (need I say more?) is clearly on track to be the new AFC East. And if Herbert and an even credible Fields/Lance kind of QB show up in Denver, you have 2 teams w/ quarterbacks who can catch fire in any given week and hang the one L on you that costs you a bye.

When Carr, mediocre as he is, is the worst QB in your division, that's a tough division. It's not tough for a team with Mahomes to win it, but it's tough for that team to dominate it in the fashion the Ravens will be able to do in the North after Ben retires/is washed.

I don't think it fundamentally alters the regular season greatly, but it changes how clean the Chiefs can get into the playoffs and how easy they can make their route to another SB for the next decade or so. It could mean 2-3-4 more seasons over the next 10 without a bye and without HFA in the AFCCG.

I'm not concerned w/ winning 8 more AFC West titles - I wanna figure out how to win 5 more Lombardi's and shut the fucking Patriot honks up.

Dynamic young QBs all over the division will interfere with that.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:38 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s not what you should be worrying about. If the Broncos get in the top 3, what stops Lawrence from pulling and Elway/Eli?

Keep in mind Elway and Manning have major influence. Playing for them or the Jets?

I could see that happen
I’m not going to worry about something that is extremely rare.

Lawrence isn’t a spoiled bitch like Eli.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:42 AM 09-21-2020

And the QB position is just too damn important.

I can't see any way a team in the league allows itself to be power played like that in the modern NFL.

And ultimately it took Elways threat to sign with the Yankees and forego the NFL to get any traction on his demands.

It's not impossible I don't suppose, but I'm not gonna give it a moment's concern. Besides, why would any QB choose DENVER of all places to force a power play to? Oh fun, let's force my way to a cold-weather environment in the division w/ the baddest motherfucker alive! What could possibly go wrong?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And the QB position is just too damn important.

I can't see any way a team in the league allows itself to be power played like that in the modern NFL.

And ultimately it took Elways threat to sign with the Yankees and forego the NFL to get any traction on his demands.

It's not impossible I don't suppose, but I'm not gonna give it a moment's concern. Besides, why would any QB choose DENVER of all places to force a power play to? Oh fun, let's force my way to a cold-weather environment in the division w/ the baddest motherfucker alive! What could possibly go wrong?
Exactly.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:50 AM 09-21-2020

We live in an era of spoiled children. And honestly, I wouldn’t go to NY unless there was a new HC I could get on board with.

Manning has pretty much abandoned the Colts and aligned himself with Denver. Always going to their practices, helping Siemien and Lock, etc.

If Manning and Elway try to talk to him about this I could see it happening.

Let’s hope that:

A. They win games and get out of the top 3
B. If that does happen, they get absolutely raped by compensation. RGIII trade type of raped
[Reply]
lcarus 10:51 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Giants are gonna be right there, that D is bad, Jones turns it over a lot and now they have no Barkley to lean on.
Yep Barkley has torn ACL and is out for season. It's pretty likely either the Giants or Jets will get the #1 pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:53 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Yep Barkley has torn ACL and is out for season. It's pretty likely either the Giants or Jets will get the #1 pick.
This is true, but the Giants also play the Redskins twice. I wouldn’t be completely shocked to see them steal one against the Cowboys/Eagles either. That division is just awful right now.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:56 AM 09-21-2020
The only thing that concerns me there is the long-term outlook of the divisions and the fact that only 1 team gets a bye now.

The Patriots dominated because their division was dog-shit for 15-20 years and they just cleaned up. They got that bye, they got HFA and they sailed because of it. When they didn't have a bye and/or HFA, they struggled significantly more.

Well the AFC North with an aging Ben, a rudderless Browns team and the Bengals (need I say more?) is clearly on track to be the new AFC East. And if Herbert and an even credible Fields/Lance kind of QB show up in Denver, you have 2 teams w/ quarterbacks who can catch fire in any given week and hang the one L on you that costs you a bye.

When Carr, mediocre as he is, is the worst QB in your division, that's a tough division. It's not tough for a team with Mahomes to win it, but it's tough for that team to dominate it in the fashion the Ravens will be able to do in the North after Ben retires/is washed.

I don't think it fundamentally alters the regular season greatly, but it changes how clean the Chiefs can get into the playoffs and how easy they can make their route to another SB for the next decade or so. It could mean 2-3-4 more seasons over the next 10 without a bye and without HFA in the AFCCG.

I'm not concerned w/ winning 8 more AFC West titles - I wanna figure out how to win 5 more Lombardi's and shut the ****ing Patriot honks up.

Sure. And I apologize, because I sound a lot like O.Shitty right now, but the Donks tanking during the year of Lawrence is something we can't control. And as Andy Reid predicted and foresaw, the QB talent coming out of college has greatly improved. More and more teams are drafting young QBs and subsequently keeping them because they end up being good players. There are going to be other Trevor Lawrences. And if the Donks don't get one this year, they might get one a few seasons from now.

I'm just not going to worry about it.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 11:08 AM 09-21-2020

I'm not concerned w/ winning 8 more AFC West titles - I wanna figure out how to win 5 more Lombardi's and shut the ****ing Patriot honks up.

Nice post. Getting the number one seed year after year is going to be tough for any one team regardless of division strength, just too many variables with injuries, refs and bounces. Even the Patriots did not have that luxury. But I trust Mahomes and Reid to be able to win one game on the road in the playoffs. This team has an outstanding road record plus we are always within one score with Mahomes. All it takes is one play to win.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:11 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Sure. And I apologize, because I sound a lot like O.Shitty right now, but the Donks tanking during the year of Lawrence is something we can't control. And as Andy Reid predicted and foresaw, the QB talent coming out of college has greatly improved. More and more teams are drafting young QBs and subsequently keeping them because they end up being good players. There are going to be other Trevor Lawrences. And if the Donks don't get one this year, they might get one a few seasons from now.

I'm just not going to worry about it.
This.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:24 AM 09-21-2020
Suttons done for the year, ACL tear.
[Reply]
Funkstown 11:40 AM 09-21-2020
Maaaaaan the Donkhoes are laughable lol. Must have been the HGH that wore off finally.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:42 AM 09-21-2020
Lock out 2-6 weeks. Probably comes back after their bye in first week of November.

Hopefully he comes back and wins them a few games and they decide to roll with him.

Either way their plan has to be either Lawrence or Fields and if they aren’t there they better go after that generational LT from Oregon.
[Reply]
Page 2501 of 4798
« First < 1501200124012451249124972498249925002501 250225032504250525112551260130013501 > Last »
Up