ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2493 of 4805
« First < 1493199323932443248324892490249124922493 249424952496249725032543259329933493 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:14 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I loved Jerry before the draft even happened dude :-)

I never understood a single draft retard that wanted Ruggs over him. It never ever made any sense which is why it’s more laughable that Mayock shit the bed again.

The Broncos are like any other NFL team. Every team is going to have some very good players. Just the way it is.

Truthfully I never understood the Cardinals passing on Jeudy for Isaiah Simmons. No ILB is gonna make the difference that a badass WR will make in this new offensive league. Just imagine Kyler Murray with Fitz, Hopkins, Kirk and Jeudy.
They're in a division with George Kittle picking up Simmons 100% makes sense, he's one of the few guys who can handle someone like Kittle.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:25 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They're in a division with George Kittle picking up Simmons 100% makes sense, he's one of the few guys who can handle someone like Kittle.
I don't disagree, but it's interesting how little Kittle did against the Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
They don't have a shit roster. Not an elite one but not shit.
They are lacking at the most important position in the game. That affects everything else.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:38 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't disagree, but it's interesting how little Kittle did against the Chiefs.
I think some of that was Jimmy sucking. I wasn't thrilled when mocks had Simmons going to AFC West teams.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:46 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He was open quite a bit but Garoppolo was not finding him. Kittle was pretty visibly frustrated by it.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:05 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They are lacking at the most important position in the game. That affects everything else.
I think Lock will look good. He’s got a good OC from the Andy Reid tree and a multitude of weapons. He appears to be in a pretty decent situation.

Even Matt Cassel looked good in decent situations like that when Weis was here in 2010.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:42 PM 09-10-2020
I think Lock will look good. He’s got a good OC from the Andy Reid tree and a multitude of weapons. He appears to be in a pretty decent situation.

Even Matt Cassel looked good in decent situations like that when Weis was here in 2010.
How’s his o line??
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:46 PM 09-10-2020

They're going to use the WCO to get the ball out quickly and limit Lock's exposure. He's limited in several areas, not just one. He's a .500 QB basically so the high bar for the Broncos is probably a first round playoff loss as long as he's there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:46 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
How’s his o line??
Looking pretty bad right now, actually.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:57 PM 09-10-2020

Lock is not good dude, stop
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:45 AM 09-14-2020
Sounds like Elway is a real joy to work for...

Excerpts from a new book coming out...

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/09/14/mm...an-daily-cover

Originally Posted by :
In the months after getting the new contract, Fox seemed to recede from the challenge instead of responding to it. Fox’s deference to Manning also got on Elway’s nerves. Manning essentially ran the entire offense. While that was extraordinarily successful in the 2013 season, Elway saw the Super Bowl as a referendum on what the Broncos really needed to do. There needed to be more balance to the offense with an emphasis on the running game.

Just as Elway needed a running game at the end of his career, he felt like Manning needed the same thing. In addition, Elway thought Denver should have been playing to the strength of its improving defense. With Fox giving Manning carte blanche to run the offense, the overall approach wasn’t going to change. That led to flare ups during the 2014 season. Elway started to criticize Fox more openly around the Broncos facility. At one point, Del Rio got wind of it and criticized Elway during a team meeting. When that got back to Elway, the two men had a loud disagreement some people thought might end in a fistfight.

“I was just defending my boss,” Del Rio says, diplomatically referring to Fox. “I think some things were said that didn’t need to be said and I’ll just leave it at that.”

The tension got worse after Manning got hurt. By the end of the 2014 season, the Broncos offense was in trouble and everyone knew it. When Chicago fired coach Marc Trestman and General Manager Phil Emery and hired Pace to replace Emery, Fox saw the situation as a golden parachute out of Mile High City.

As the team readied for the playoff game against Indianapolis, other reporters were getting wind of the full rift between Elway and Fox. [Mike] Klis was asking questions about Fox’s future on the Friday before the game. [Jay] Glazer confirmed the story and put it out on the pregame show early Sunday. Denver’s flaccid effort against Indianapolis meant that three consecutive seasons under Fox had ended in vast disappointment in Elway’s view. Worse, Elway had seen this show in the first 10 years of his career. What the Broncos needed was a bold overhaul of the entire coaching staff in his view.

By the next day, Fox and the Broncos announced they had agreed to a “mutual parting,” a polite way of saying the team had fired Fox and he was content to leave. That’s when Elway went back to his roots. While he wasn’t going to hire [Mike] Shanahan, he was going to get the next best thing: Shanahan’s long-time lieutenant and Elway’s long-time friend [Gary] Kubiak. Kubiak had spent eight years with middling results in Houston and had spent the 2014 season as the offensive coordinator with Baltimore.

What Elway wanted was a disciplined approach to the entire operation. He wanted someone who would stand up to Manning and put in a running game Manning needed.

First, however, there was going to be a meeting of the minds between Elway and Manning and a bitter pill for Manning to swallow. Shortly after the season ended and Kubiak was hired, Elway and Manning met in Elway’s office. Elway described to Manning his disappointment with how the season ended. Manning expressed he was disappointed Fox had been let go and believed the team could still have won a title under Fox. At one point in the conversation, Elway referred to how he believed Fox, Del Rio and Gase were distracted during the playoff loss.

[Reply]
Hoover 11:51 AM 09-14-2020
Shocking....

[Reply]
Rain Man 12:12 PM 09-14-2020
I saw that some other article mentioned this book and that Elway was trashing Tim Tebow in it. I was wondering if it was just some pr effort trying to defend Elway's failures of recent years, or if it would actually have some interesting tidbits about how he's destroyed the team.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:13 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Sounds like Elway is a real joy to work for...

Excerpts from a new book coming out...

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/09/14/mm...an-daily-cover
This part is a little odd to me:

"At one point in the conversation, Elway referred to how he believed Fox, Del Rio and Gase were distracted during the playoff loss."

It's worded as though Elway were being absurd, but I remember that game. The coaching staff was obviously distracted and didn't seem to care about the outcome. Fans noticed and were discussing it after the game.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:45 PM 09-14-2020
This kind of thing will happen when you put an alcoholic in charge of an organization.
[Reply]
Page 2493 of 4805
« First < 1493199323932443248324892490249124922493 249424952496249725032543259329933493 > Last »
Up